Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66909 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - Hammer Strike
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2009, 01:41:39 pm »

I nominate day-kill on Mr.Person.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2009, 01:51:20 pm »

You sound better when you're not defending yourself, Person.

I asked the town to speak up about the debate, not demand your death.  I'm not going to tear at Alex for thinking you're alright.  I asked for his response to see if MY argument is correct or if I mistook something.  Right now, there's a few that say "you aren't scum" but I want to know their reasoning to see if I need to correct myself.  Note I struck harder with Boksi who IS suspicious of you.

Honestly, YOU should be the one questioning the folks who just write a quick "you look scummy" post (yes, I see you there Toonyman). 

Btw, your statement about Archangel sounds odd.  Arc is the one that wants to kill of lurkers.  I poked at him for it and defended the lurkers.  The sentence after 'archangel is scum' sounds like you are accusing him of defending lurkers when, in fact, he's not.

So if you meant "Dakarian is scum because he's defending lurkers" then you still need to answer the question: WHY do you think Archangel is scum if I am scum?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Night 1 - A Willing Sacrifice
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2009, 02:46:47 pm »

The day is over!  Wow, this day has been weird.  While webadict has been beaten to a bloody pulp, now someone is claiming that they can bring him back!  Could it be?

The computer reads out, in a dramatic tone:

"FINAL VOTECOUNT":
chaoticjosh: Pandarsenic, RedWarrior0, chaoticjosh, cheeetar, alexhans, Mr.Person, ToonyMan, Mephansteras, Dakarian, Diakron, Boksi
boksi: Zaithemaster

After much consideration, you decide to lynch boksi.  Nah, only kidding, it's chaoticjosh who will face the lynch today!

A pentagram suddenly appears on the floor.  It would seem that the computer intends for you to use the pentagram as your de facto lynching spot.  Remembering something Methilestesas told you yesterday, you realise it's a Circle of Dramaticism - all events going on in it are 10x more dramatic.

Chaoticjosh willingly steps into the pentagram.  "I'm here" he says, "Shoot me.  Shoot me now!"
All of you look to each other uneasily.  Is it really a good idea?  Could he be lying about his secret abilities?  Well, there's only one way to find out.  Pandarsenic takes up the revolver from Shot in the Dark mafia and steps into the pentagram with chaoticjosh.  The lights around the room fall, apart from a single spotlight on the pentagram.

Pandarsenic levels the revolver at chaoticjosh's head.  "Goodbye" he says "And I guess if you're lying scum, you'll soon be dead lying scum."
"Nothing to worry about then" says chaoticjosh, grinning, "Shoot."

The room falls silent as Pandarsenic moves his finger to the trigger, and in an agonisingly slow motion...

He fires.  You see the path of the bullet, which moves straight through chaoticjosh's skull.  Chaoticjosh looks shocked as he falls backwards in what appears to be slow motion, seeing a trail of his blood arch through the air above him.  He hits the ground, and has time for one word before he passes on to the next world.

"Ouch."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - It begins
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2009, 02:47:55 pm »

You wake up, but it would seem that everyone is now wearing a disguise!  You cannot tell who each person is, and what powers they have.  Luckily, during the course of the trip, you've each gotten to know one other person, and thus you know what their power does.  For some reason you think you already know this, but you aren't sure why.

You will need to find the escaped Cyberscum before they kill you all!  The Hotel must vanquish the scumteam before they are beaten!

A storm is brewing outside, and it is clear that escape is impossible.  Methilestesas explained this to you yesterday - the computer has control over the area.  If someone tries to leave, they'll trip over.  Or their car will break down.  Or they will suddenly feel guilt and be forced to run back to the hotel.  Anything is possible when a Skynet-like-being is on the rampage.

As you hear a terrible howl outside, you realise that the computer has full control over the Hotel.

You see webadict, who for some reason looks at alexhans before cowering and whimpering slightly.  That's odd - why would he be scared of someone so small and adorable?  Oh well, never mind.

Player list:
ToonyMan
chaoticjosh
Pandarsenic
Zaithemaster
Mephansteras
Archangel
Diakron
Mr.Person
Cheeetar
dakarian
webadict
RedWarrior0
brothernature
Boksi
Alexhans

The day will end in roughly 120 hours.  Most day phases in this game will last approximately 3 week days.  Good luck, everyone.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:32:04 pm by Leafsnail »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2009, 02:52:13 pm »

Hehe. Nice writing, Leafsnail!

Everyone should now PM their role to Webadict. Then we can see what he figures out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2009, 02:57:18 pm »

That is amazing, Leafsnail.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2009, 03:04:34 pm »

Oh, and I've realised I'm working on a policy of three weekdays per dayphase, so I guess that means Day 1 will end in 5 days from now.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »

Oh, and I've realised I'm working on a policy of three weekdays per dayphase, so I guess that means Day 1 will end in 5 days from now.

We wanted a mulligan on that day, so we got one!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »

Ah, then I guess I'll be the first to vote Mr.Person.

Argumentativeness is one thing, but you've been feverishly defending youself, disproportionate to the actual suspicion on you at the time, and you've yet to convince me otherwise of your actual towniness.

Pandar, weren't you one of the daykill rousers? Are you waiting for something?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2009, 04:31:43 pm »

I was the one to hold caution to the plan.  I said I wanted to find the person that knew Cobrar's role to speak up and confirm before we push ahead with the plan so that we don't end up with something like a scum Beloved Princess.

It was a small quick step to settle a lot of issues.  I found it VERY odd that Person would attack me for it.  It didn't even take long for that person to eventually step up and do the confirm I asked for.

Actually, that was a null fear. There shouldn't be any roles that are specific to one side, as all roles can be either scum or town. Unless they get an equivalent but different power as townie or scum, that's not anything to worry about.

I don't like this Dakarian/M.P fight. I just have a bad feeling about it, similar to the Alexhans/webadict fight. But out of the 2, M.P is being more unreasonable (and I've already FoS'd him 2 (? goin' on memory here) times, and haven't been too suspicious of dakarian up 'til now).

For now, I keep my vote on Boksi. Popping in with nothing to add and bandwagoning ("Besides, it's getting a clear majority already." Your vote for that wasn't necessary, then, so why even bother making it?) isn't gonna do it for me. Please clarify why you brought up lynching Alex yet mentioning that you were most suspicious of M.P.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:39 pm »

Actually Zai, everyone's vote is reset. Nobody besides me has a vote on anyone right now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2009, 04:38:49 pm »

All right, since we have 5 days for the redo on day 1, I'm going to sit and watch for a bit before I bother voting. I have to do some more prep work for Paranormal, anyway.

Right now, though, I want to hear from Boksi and brothernature the most. Who do you think are scum? Who do you think is town at this point? What is your opinion of everything that happened the first time around for day 1?

You're both lurking a bit and it's liable to get you both killed. It's fine if you can't get online to post too often, but please try to make the posts that you do make informative and helpful.

Same goes for you Archangel. I don't need you to post a whole lot each day phase, but make your posts count. Just popping in to say 'sorry, I can't post much' isn't helpful. (Your last post, btw, was just fine. It had actual content and suspicions, although some more explanation would have been nice.)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2009, 04:42:11 pm »

Meant to post this as well, but forgot to copy it from one tab to the main one.

Wow and i thought i use to do stupid shi-... Mr. P all i said is that we where past the RVS (we where discussing the possibilities of alexhan being scum so lets not forget that topic) when RedWarrior tried to derail the discussion by going back to RVS, which i did not like, so i tried to remind him that we where busy, and to save it for tomorrow...

err guess i'm trying to say: i'm going to vote you to be lynched next day...

And why would that be? No, you are not allowed to bandwagon like that. Everybody must state a reason for non-random votes. This isn't a rule or anything, but I know for a fact if you don't Alexhans will just ask you for a reason anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

and another attempt to derail with an implied threat...

...Except that that "derailment" was a legitimate question. I know you are Diakron after all, but still. FoS Diakron.

[Pre-Post Edit:] Oh. Right, Josh. I vote Boksi.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »

So I get left out entirely? And do we claim to webadict?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2009, 04:44:44 pm »

Actually Zai, everyone's vote is reset. Nobody besides me has a vote on anyone right now.

Do your thing Alexhans.

Vote Mr.Person.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60