Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60

Author Topic: Bay 12 Mafia - Game Over - The Computer's Revenge  (Read 66950 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Mafia - Day 1 - The Game Begins
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2009, 11:11:57 am »

Also, those who want me to kill Mr.Person... If I do... who do we lynch, then?  Because we are not gonna have much time left to decide.  Will Mr.Person's flip greatly affect your suspicions?

See ya.

Yes, Mr.Person's flip WILL greatly effect my suspicions. You see Alex, there's a viewpoint I don't think you've addressed properly: the possibility that YOU'RE scum.

Exactly what i said to everyone when i was accused of attempting to derail. We should not get so involved with Mr. P as to forget that alexhans just hammered a townie on day one. WITHOUT giving him a chance to defend himself. I thought that as a townie you wanted to be sure not to kill a fellow townie but scum knows the other scum, so they can kill whoever they want with impunity.

err if thats not clear just let me know
Back to Mafia with me!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:06 pm »

Also, those who want me to kill Mr.Person... If I do... who do we lynch, then?  Because we are not gonna have much time left to decide.  Will Mr.Person's flip greatly affect your suspicions?

See ya.

Yes, Mr.Person's flip WILL greatly effect my suspicions. You see Alex, there's a viewpoint I don't think you've addressed properly: the possibility that YOU'RE scum.

Exactly what i said to everyone when i was accused of attempting to derail. We should not get so involved with Mr. P as to forget that alexhans just hammered a townie on day one. WITHOUT giving him a chance to defend himself. I thought that as a townie you wanted to be sure not to kill a fellow townie but scum knows the other scum, so they can kill whoever they want with impunity.

err if thats not clear just let me know

That's a bit of a oversimplified view of this, to be honest.

Pandarsenic, please note that I'm not actually voting for you. I was voting for you, earlier, but then I noticed that you weren't lurking and other people didn't seem to believe all caps and lots of exclamation marks was in any way suspicious.

I was confused as to why you worded it that way. It seemed a conscious choice to word it that way, so I wondered if you had a motive for wording it that way.

Screw the other people, if you think he's scum, you should be voting for him and putting pressure on him. FoS on Cheeetar because only scum would back away from people quickly because they can't get an easy lynch. Which brings me to...

Scum know their team mates. I reason that they want to keep their team mates, and would not like them lynched. Thus, I find it strange that nobody was defending Mr. Person, as if he was scum some people would be trying to. However: it could be a bus in that scum want to get seen as town by voting off a scum person. Also, now that some people have removed their votes from Mr. Person (I think?) it could have just been a plan to vote for him and then unvote before the day ended, to deflect suspicion from themselves.

You're looking at this all wrong. Imagine I'm scum. the situation would pretty much be a party gone all wrong with the rest of the team trying to bus me (Which I would go along with, btw, and probably buddy up with a townie :D Happy WIFOM with that). All the scum trying to bus me would be on the list late.

Or, I'm town. This would also be a party gone wrong, but it would also involve at least one, probably more scums bandwagoning (or looking like legitimate votes, I dunno). Again, all the scum on my vote would be on the list late.

Do you see it now? I'm going after the people late on my lynch train, specifically ToonyMan and Archangel. However, after some reconsideration, I'm reconsidering if ToonyMan is scum. I'm still leaning scum, but no longer do I think he's guaranteed scum. He's still acting supersuspicious and anti-town, even for him, but I've got other, more suspicious people to go after. Like Cheeetar. First off, I don't think anybody's actually removed their votes from me, but I might be wrong. More importantly, your "deflect suspicion from themselves" thing makes no sense. The scum doesn't care about suspicion, they just want to get a townie lynched. What better way to lynch a townie than to get a GIANT bandwagon on one? Assuming Alexhans is town, they'd also LOVE IT if Alexhans shot a townies, too. Then, they might be able to push a lynch on him. Even if he shoots scum, they still might be able to push a lynch on him. If he doesn't shoot tonight, I bet the scum kills him tonight, they just don't want a daykilling townie running around, no matter how suspicious he is.

Blarg, that rambled. Lemme try again. Why do you think the scum want to deflect attention away from themselves when they could of easily gone for a lynch on me?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:39 pm »

The computer seems annoyed at having been upstaged by the bickering!  The lights dramatically go out, and when they turn back on again the vote count is suddenly scrawled on the wall.  For some reason you are neither surprised nor worried about whether the pen will ever wash off.

Mr.Person: chaoticjosh, ToonyMan, Diakron, Archangel, Boksi, Pandarsenic
Boksi: Zaithemaster, Mephansteras
Pandarsenic: Dakarian
Archangel: Mr.Person
Mephansteras: webadict
ToonyMan: Alexhans
Redwarrior0: chaoticjosh

Note: you may appear in this thingy twice blah blah blah.  And yes, if you check back through the thread, the flavour text is rather similar to that strange alternative version of the first day that happened a while ago.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:59:14 pm by Leafsnail »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2009, 12:57:50 pm »

@ Person: "The scum doesn't care about suspicion, they just want to get a townie lynched. "

I disagree.  I believe the scum care specifically about suspicion.  Remember they have the all-mighty NK to eliminate townies.  As such, their main care in the day is to avoid dying.  Getting a townie killed is more "better him than me" than actually trying to murder someone.  That's why mafia tends to be protective and passive while townies tend to act like junkyard dogs fighting over a t-bone steak.  Note that this is just theorycraft arguing.

As for Alexhan, I can sum it up one of my thoughts about him: He NEEDS to go ahead and use that daykill, now that he's out.  That's one of a few reasons why his early shooting was poor: the mafia now know him.  If he's town and doesn't use his daykill, the mafia have an insane advantage: they could kill him and remove the town kill or keep him alive and present one of the worst WIFOMs we would ever face. 

To put it short: Alex doesn't have to kill you, but he needs to use that daykill.  With it, we get a quasi extra day without the night. 

About Suspicions:  How do you feel about Archangel?  Mind doing a scan on him and seeing how he looks to you?  I'm really not liking him at the moment. 

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2009, 01:00:34 pm »

Remember that Alexhans had no problem day-killing Webadict.  Who was TOWN.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2009, 01:13:11 pm »

VERY VERY slight scumtell, lean on null tell.  I nearly got the doc lynched in Beginner 1 with sheer determination.

His hesitency for making a kill now, though.. that looks a little worse.  Hyper aggressive into hyper defensive isn't a nice combo to see. 

One nice thing to remember: this is Day 1.  Still day 1.  We can take a little time to gather information.  Besides, I've learned that a Wide Scan can be pretty useful so long as it doesn't make you wishy washy.

Thus, why I wait for Person to talk about Archangel, I'll take a listen to webadict.  he's right: he's a confirmed townie and we havn't really been listening to him.

Btw, @Webadict: Who hasn't sent you their PM text yet?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2009, 01:29:43 pm »

Archangel's been lurking, he was late on my bandwagon, and his list of suspicion had no suspicion. Most people were "No comment" which is pretty bad. Even "probable scum" would of been better. Nope, Archangel wants to look uninvolved with
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2009, 01:30:21 pm »

everybody else. Oops.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »

And what about Pandasenic? 

I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2009, 02:03:42 pm »

Possible, since, even though Cheeetar is fundamentally wrong, Pandarsenic could of worded the Archcherub role better. However, his demeanor has been pretty good, so I'm leaning town. On the other hand, I'm doubting if both Cheeetar and Pandarsenic could be scum, although that could just be WIFOM or some bullshit, so I'm not touching that shit.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2009, 02:30:49 pm »

At least you aren't my copycat.  I DON'T like Panda's demeanor but I felt his role wording was fine. 

Meanwhile, I did a look through Meth on Webadict's request (apologies for not noticing you).  I believe we need to put more pressure on him before we finalize him.  It's a reason why I like the way this day is going: it feels like we can focus on more than one since we get to daykill one and lynch another.

Mr.Person, I'm putting to neutral.  If what I see now was what I saw at the start of Day 1, I wouldn't have bothered with more than pressure from him in the first place.  I think I'll need Day 2 to look at him more. 

Archangel.. I don't like him.  He's not true lurking, but he does a good bit of active lurking.  He 'passive suspects' without any real pressure, and uses 'don't want to analyze, just using gut feelings to choose.  That the suspects are the 'easy lynches'  just makes it ugly.  I don't believe in killin 'unhelpful townies', but there's styles of unhelpfullnes that seek to "survive by looking like a sheep" which suggests it's more than just a useless townie, but a passive scum. I think I know who to focus on now.

Proposal: Daykill ARchangel, then pressure up Panda and Meth.

@Everyone

I asked this of Person before.  I ask this of Archangel now.  Read the debates I have with Archangel along with his posts up to this point.  From there, I ask you to make this choice.

1. If you believe my argument is flawed then post points where what I said was off.  I will listen to them.

2. If you believe Archangel is suspect but not firmly scum, state the parts that make you suspect to Archangel so he can speak about them.  Question and argue with him until you are sure one way or another.

3. If you believe Archangel is scum fully, then highly consider putting him as the choice for Daykill by voting for him. 

I know the town is focused on Person right now.  If those voting for him believe he should go before ARchangel, then present your reasons for Person to be killed.  If you have some doubt now, then please look at my proposal for now.  We still have the day 1 lynch to consider as well so we can still pressure others for info, but for now, I think we at least have one for the Daykill.

Unvote,  Vote Archangel
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 26, 2009, 02:59:23 pm »

Archangel - Usual Archangel is usual, but this time with longer posts!

I don't suspect Archangel as much as Mr.Person, however, there is a REASON Alexhans isn't killing Mr.Person, you know WHY?  SCUM SCUM SCUM.
My vote stays on Mr.Person.  We can deal with Alexhans tommorow.
One thing though...

What do you have to say about me thinking Mr.Person and Alexhans are scum Archangel?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2009, 03:45:58 pm »

I'm inclined to agree with Toony here (oh, the shock). I strongly suspect an Alexhans/Mr.P scumteam, particularly on account of Alexhan's WIFOM generation (I WOULDN'T DEFEND HIM IF WE WERE BOTH SCUM).

My vote stands until Alexhans hammers.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2009, 03:56:50 pm »

Im back.  Just skimmed this a bit and found one stupid comment after the other... all coming from Toonyman... Our "mafia expert"...  ::) 

Toony... If I was scum with Mr.Person I would've hammered him by now.  That would've "cleared" me but you keep thinking in your own simplistic terms.  Try to get this... I'm not as blunt and straighforward as you.  I can actually analyze people from their point of view.

You probably get all surprised whenever you watch a detective movie... each twist probably shocks you.  OH my gozzz... It was the janitor!!! woah!!

I'll propose you this, though.  If Mr.Person doesn't flip scum we lynch you... how about that?  Im not actually sure if youre scum (because you always act anti-town to the max and have no frigging right to point one mistake i make) but removing you out of the game would cause me inmense pleasure.

PS:  Codecamp was great.  I mean, AMAZING. 

and whoever suggested that I should kill someone other than Mr.P... Mr.P is my only choice... So I don't really have an option but to kill or not kill...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2009, 03:58:07 pm »

WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 60