Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 229721 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2011, 03:32:46 am »

Found the problems when I looked into the Raws.
Spellings and Wrong words...

From the entity_default_di
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRACTICE_DIAGNOSE_PATIENT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRACTICE_DRESS_WOUND]

From the reaction_training_di
[REACTION:PRACTICE_DIAGNOSE_WOUND]
[REACTION:PRACTICE_DRESS_WOUNDS]

Can you spot the difference???

Also to note that the Doctor's Workshop is terribly coloured, its barely visible unless your querying or looking for it...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:39:10 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2011, 03:58:02 am »

dunno bout that, i just know that i usually build my doctors workshop INSIDE a paved building (actually floored, but whatever) so it's visible, but i agree that it should look differently.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2011, 06:38:28 am »

and you forgot to add ] to the weapon size value for pistol.

and why no M4, AK47 and shit for artifacts?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2011, 07:21:59 am »

i doubt M4 would even be made, since the handle requires plastic, and (although it is a formiddable weapon) it jams WAY too much and requires cleaning on the daily bases. but i aproove of the AK-47 to be artefact only. i also would approve M14 (american design, little jamming), IMI galil (Israel design, copy of a copy of AK47), Valmet r.62 (copy of the AK47, galil copied this rifle)
and Zastava arms M70 (again, AK47 with increased accuracy, the rifle of yugoslavia(still used in reserve, and i believe bosnia and albania still use them) incredibly rugged, reliable and accurate up to 300 meters (about 900 feet), the first gun i ever shot on full auto. EPIC RIFLE!)

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2011, 07:57:59 am »

edit.

nvm. I just failed to see the point to argue.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:03:55 am by BoomClap »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 21, 2011, 09:19:37 am »

Fix'd

I am willing to add artifact only weapons to the game. Currently there are already artifact only weapons.  I'll see what I can do for guns. The biggest problem with artifact guns is that without unique bullets, their shots won't be much better then any other rifle.

Found the problems when I looked into the Raws.
Spellings and Wrong words...

From the entity_default_di
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRACTICE_DIAGNOSE_PATIENT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRACTICE_DRESS_WOUND]

From the reaction_training_di
[REACTION:PRACTICE_DIAGNOSE_WOUND]
[REACTION:PRACTICE_DRESS_WOUNDS]

Can you spot the difference???

Also to note that the Doctor's Workshop is terribly coloured, its barely visible unless your querying or looking for it...

Fix'd nice catch there.

I also fixed the doctor's workshop graphic. For some reason I was missing some very important numbers there. Here's the updated raws if it continues to bug you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sooo... the graphics and 1.0.7 (hopefully) come out about friday i guess, right? right?
pweeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

No guarantees. I would like to get it out by then, so that the succession games can start vamping up. It would be great if I could get it out before Neyven starts his. Then he can update too. From the sounds of it the embark area's still up in the air.

One thing that I am personally pleased about is that bamboo no longer has a jarring f graphic anymore. That's always bugged me.

edit.: also enlightened should get rapiers. basically swords wich can just stab, pommel strike and flat side strike.

Good idea, but I'll have to nail down the Enlightened's tech level before I add it or not. They are sort of like passive aggressive monks, and I've never made it clear whether or not they are better then the player.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:22:36 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2011, 09:28:03 am »

edit.: also enlightened should get rapiers. basically swords wich can just stab, pommel strike and flat side strike.
I could help outline these actually, there's
sabre's-which are like rapairs but do have a the blade on the side made for opening arteries and blinding opponents, so replace flat side strike with shallow slashing attack
fencing rapiers:Which are the more common stab/parry type, there is no pommel to strike, and trust me if you slapped with one of these you'd break the blade, so they'd only really have a stabbing attack, that would be deep and quick but with very little entry point.
lastly
dueling Gun-grips:A newer type of rapier, which is a cross of sabres and fencing rapiers, they have a triagonal blade, which has 3 shallow cutting surfaces, a cut that's about half as deep as a fencing rapier but due to the shape of the blade inflicts far more damage, and they have a strong hand guard for really vicious hit's, backhands, and to protect the hand, but since you can't have weapons work as armor too, just give them a good bashing attack about akin to a solid punch.
Nom nom nom

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2011, 09:38:17 am »

edit.

nvm. I just failed to see the point to argue.

what? i did not see your first post. and why argue? i just said the facts and my opinion.

I could help outline these actually, there's
sabre's-which are like rapairs but do have a the blade on the side made for opening arteries and blinding opponents, so replace flat side strike with shallow slashing attack
fencing rapiers:Which are the more common stab/parry type, there is no pommel to strike, and trust me if you slapped with one of these you'd break the blade, so they'd only really have a stabbing attack, that would be deep and quick but with very little entry point.
lastly
dueling Gun-grips:A newer type of rapier, which is a cross of sabres and fencing rapiers, they have a triagonal blade, which has 3 shallow cutting surfaces, a cut that's about half as deep as a fencing rapier but due to the shape of the blade inflicts far more damage, and they have a strong hand guard for really vicious hit's, backhands, and to protect the hand, but since you can't have weapons work as armor too, just give them a good bashing attack about akin to a solid punch.

actually sabres are NOT a type of rapier (or is it similar to it.), although the famous pirate cutlass is a sabre. hey! make a cutlass! it's basically a weaker machete with the option to stab!
and i was not talking about the fencing one, i talked about the so called "gentleman's sword" basically a harder rapier that was in use *trying to remember* i think through the renessaince era, when shakespeare was still alive. it is a REAL rapier, not the shit that now passes around as "fencing foil" it was hard, tough, and you could pommel slap someone, or at least HILT HIT them. and they actually could flat slap people. it was not guaranteed to work, but most often it felt like a whip... a very HEAVY WHIP. made from STEEL or SLADE. D for Dorf!

edit: some RPing from my fortress.

Kel athelkist was bored. it was his turn for guard duty. he just got his hands on this great new military rifle. it was an FN FAL with a scope he got himself from a binocular. he also noticed that it was well-crafted, and that the wood handle was engraved, surely Elana's handyjob. he'll have to thank her someday, maybe give her a gift. Agish has certainly made some fine goblets, bracelets and rings. yes. perhaps an engagement ring was to be the next gift he will give to his lover. he heard  the sound of boots on the clay of the catwalk. he turned. it was Yuri. he had in his hands a superiorly crafted mosin-nangant with a sniper scope. the wooden furniture was engraved. there was a name engraved in the furniture. it read "Mary". Yuri was VERY attached to his gun.
"some cold night,eh?" said Yuri
"dunno, since i got this robe, it did not matter if the night was cold or hot, i always felt pleasant." replied Kel
"lucky bastard. i still have this dog leather armor. trade?" proposed Yuri.
Kel laughed.
"you just laugh, bastard. hey, guess what i've got!"
Kel stopped laughing, the smile still on his face "what, you vodka-drinking son of a bitch?"
Yuri grinned. "some cigars, the best vintage."
"gimme!" said Kel out loud and grabbed a cigar.
Yuri smiled. "need a light?" and pulled his lighter from his pocket.
Kel took the lighter, laughed a bit and lit the cigar. "ooooohhh, yeah, that's the stuff."
"yup, we sure make some fine...." the rest of the sentence was silenced by the loud BANG of a firearm, and Yuri's head was no more.
Kel stood there for a second, shocked. then he dived to the ground. he then crawled into the fort, sounding the alarm.
Then all the hell broke loose. there was a loud crack of gunfire, as if someone fired an AK in full-auto. Kel put the bayonet on the barrel of his rifle, expecting it to be needed. then he realized something. the screaming came from inside the fortress aswell. they couldn't. they could not breach the first line of defense without some heavy ordnance. Kel ignored his squadleader's order and ran for the command centre. and there he saw Bjorn. the bastard has pulled the levers and destroyed them. Bjorn suddenly became aware of his presence and has pulled out a weird looking pistol. he yelled "FOR REINHEI-" but was silenced by the bang of Kel's FAL. then kel ran to the second gate. although it was open it was better fortified, with a catwalk above from wich the soldiers could shoot. the path was littered with corpses, both those of civilians and those of the minutemen. Kel dived for cover behind a wall. and then he saw. in the lake of blood next to him lay Elana. he stared into her face. so beutiful, so gentle. and now it was pale, her bright eyes open and staring blankly at him. Kel bursted into tears. he cried for couple of seconds. then he straightened his face. and his feelings changed from misery to anger. he closed Elana's eyes, and kissed her hands for the last time. he pšeeked around the corner and saw some of the invaders cautiosly approach his position. they wore gasmasks, trench coats, helmets and heavy iron-clad boots. Kel closed his eyes. then he opened them and charged into the enemy. in a sort of trance he dealed headshot after headshot, killing his foes. he had recieved some very serious wounds, but he did not care. he than saw an invader, clearly the leader equipped with a bracer and a trench mace. Kel shot blindly towards him, but was out of ammo. the enemy saw that, and took his opprotunity to charge. Kel raised his weapon, bayonet ready in defyiance and charged towards his enemy. he missed. he only ripped the fabric of the asailant's trench coat. his enemy roared "REINHEIT OVER ALL!!!" and struck Kel over his head. Kel fell to the floor, the cold of the clay brick on his cheeks. He made one last defyiant act and stabbed the Reinheit captain with his bayonet. directly in his groin. the attack has opened an artery. Kel closed his weary eyes, eager to join Elana in the afterlife.

==================================================0-o-0=====================================================================

this is how i imagine a reinheit assault!
BOO YEAH!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:32:08 am by kerlc »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2011, 10:00:45 am »

Ok just a quick note of reference.
The Rapier was the Sword used in the Renaissance.
The Epee is the sword used in the fencing arena of moden day.

The difference between two swords is that the Epee is designed to bend when pressed against something solid, granted that putting a point on it will allow it to piece flesh and being thin enough could strike through and past someones bones and into their organs (fatal blow), the epee needs to be weilded by someone of great skill to even do so, striking with a poor form will not give the blade enough 'thrust' to piece through far.

To be more set in stone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89p%C3%A9e
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dueling_sword
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallsword
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabre_%28fencing%29
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:02:39 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2011, 10:33:15 am »

thanks for clearing things up.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2011, 10:44:58 am »

thank's neyvn I forgot about the epee, and and thanks for proving my point about the fencing sabre.  *glares at kerlc*
Nom nom nom

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2011, 11:45:27 am »

well, my point was about the rapier, so no hard feelings, right? right? *tries to come out as a winner, but fails*

ok, you've prooven your point. has anyone noticed my story yet?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2011, 12:05:36 pm »

How could a Nazi Reinheit guy get into the fortress unnoticed? But that does sound like a Nazi Reinheit-ish tactic to use. Great story, I especially liked the dialogue between the two guys at the beginning.
On a side note, heheh. Proven his POINT. Heheh.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2011, 12:31:18 pm »

How could a Nazi Reinheit guy get into the fortress unnoticed? But that does sound like a Nazi Reinheit-ish tactic to use. Great story, I especially liked the dialogue between the two guys at the beginning.
On a side note, heheh. Proven his POINT. Heheh.

well this has been inspired by the fall of my fortress, in wich i got bored, and wanted to liven up the action a bit. lowered the bridge, destroyed the lever, killed the dwarves who did it (JUSTICE!) and then stopped the invading infected. with about 30 out of 45 casualities.

FUN!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2011, 08:20:30 pm »

Great news everybody! The Rapture has not delayed the development of this mod!

Great story kerlc.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 111