Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where did the clowns go?  (Read 5319 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Where did the clowns go?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 01:26:51 am »

I actually did something along these lines recently, dug to the circus, opened it up and then abandoned my fortress. When I came around with an adventurer two weeks later, clowns were roaming the countryside around the fort, roaming as far south as the nearby hamlet. Dunno if they killed anyone in the hamlet, but I think I tracked down 10 or so before the other * got out of my sight or in the mountains. I think I got most of them, but we'll see if they show up in Legends at some point. I went back with another group of dwarves and sealed it off, so no more are getting out, but I can confirm that more left the site as I was hunting other ones down south of the fort.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:32:57 am by Glloyd »

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 07:19:39 am »

Originally, I generated that world of mine in version 40.16. But then I continued the game in 40.24 - and that's where I decided to dig too deep.

edit: so you retired the fort while hell minions started to pour out... doesn't that make the site an active place or did the demons murdered all the dwarves and turn it into a ruin before you could unretire the spot?

I sealed off my fortress after I dug to hell. Then I gave demons time to come to the surface. Then I retired the fort.
A goblin invasion also came around sometime before retiring my fort. So those poor bastards couldn't get into my fortress because I've sealed it off. Instead, they were met by a gang of demons. That was a fun sight before retiring the place   8). I wish I could see the look on the goblins' faces. And they thought they were just going to walk in and pillage some dwarves...

But now I've tried this experiment again in version 42.05 and now it's better. So I generated a world in 42.05, embarked in it, dug too deep, let the demons come out and retired the place. This time I didn't seal off the fortress. Then I came back as an adventurer. I've only made a few steps on the edge of the fortress (in fast travel mode) and soon I got ambushed and slain by a demon.

So far so good. Then I checked with Legends Viewer. Funny thing is, it seems there are only few demons left from the huge satanic horde I had in the fort. Maybe it has something to do with "cull unimportant historical figures" enabled, but I don't know.
The ones who actually killed dwarfves in fortress mode had done nothing else afterwards, at least according to Legends. And the one who killed my adventurer had not killed any dwarves in fortress mode. Only my adventuring band.
I wonder if these demons are ever going to massacre anyone if I continue to play in that world. I sure wish those demons would actively participate in the world even after retiring/abandoning the fort.   

aWWww man so we can't turn dwarf fortress into shin megami tensei Roguelike?

I know, right?
Since megabeasts are so hard to come by in adventure mode  :(, I figured I should turn at least part of the world into a "hellscape". I also thought of testing zombies against the demons, but I've heard that now the zombies got nerfed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:25:21 am by n4m3l3ss »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 08:39:08 am »

Any histfig kill makes a unit a histfig, megabeasts are only rare at default settings.
Pages: 1 [2]