Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Have heard about this game for eons, decided to give it a go the other day.  (Read 1187 times)

Polemicist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll keep this brief.

Good god.

Toady? Is that your name? You're a fucking genius. Really though. Never stop. \

It's going to be frustrating waiting 20 years for you both to whittle down the road-map. I'll keep checking the site every day for updates probably for the next rest of my life until then. But until then, I'm just happy this game exists.

Upward and onward, boys.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Toady is apparently working on getting out more frequent releases that once every two years, so that's something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordUbik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the development has fast and slow parts... usually you get one mayor release (like the z-addition or the latest activation of the world), followed by a stream of bug-fixing and minor features adding releases. And then the cycle repeats!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the development has fast and slow parts... usually you get one mayor release (like the z-addition or the latest activation of the world), followed by a stream of bug-fixing and minor features adding releases. And then the cycle repeats!
Looking at your join date it looks like you missed out on the drought between DFVD and DF2014. It was at least very close to 2 years.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Threetoe:   Okay, after the first section, which is job priorities, then we move on to do dwarf fortress mode inns and taverns. Because we want to add something fun, so that we aren't just doing another giant release for the sake of everybody's sanity with their interface problems.
Toady:   Yeah, the two-year release was really long, he he. And there was a lot of foundational work that was done. And we're trying to break this next one up. Well we always try, he he, but we're going to succeed this time!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Talked to you a bit in the Adventurer Fort thread, but officially welcome to the madness.  May your Fortresses be always filled with !FUN! and your curiosity never sated, for !SCIENCE!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Talked to you a bit in the Adventurer Fort thread, but officially welcome to the madness.  May your Fortresses be always filled with !FUN! and your curiosity never sated, for !SCIENCE!

You're welcome.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑