Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212329 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2014, 10:09:18 am »

Log in and see four pages of waffle. Cheese, Wolf, Tiruin, Walnuts: could you address some of the other nine players please.

(Proper follow up soon: still on my phone here.)
...Dude, I did. Are you so post-happy that you fail to notice that they're doing their own work which I've no say under? >__>
Guess what-I addressed those speaking to me, and poked at those which found my intrigue!
Surprising, Ms. President.
Very surprising attitude.

TDS No follow up on my queries to you? D:

4mask
Log in and see four pages of waffle. Cheese, Wolf, Tiruin, Walnuts: could you address some of the other nine players please.

NQT: as the only one currently confirmed now meteor summoner, what are your reads on the other active players?
Two queries:
1. 'Currently "confirmed"'? How is she the one who did it?
2. What did you think of and whom, when you typed the whole thing out?

NQT: we have. Or at least, MastahCheese and I have, though I don't have a specific question for you right now?
You don't think i have? Really?
Hmm, dear.

@Hapah: Are you Good?  Don't use lack of time as an excuse, it's a simple question.
Doublemeaning~ xD
Ok, ok, being serious now.
Ehh? Of all the questions I see focusing in all your posts, Leafsnail-any purpose behind that?

I've been paying a fair amount of attention to the game but my holiday's only just started and I haven't had that much time for posting.  I should be able to post lots more soon.
Or is this the cause?

Man am I failing in my brevity-playstyle. :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2014, 10:13:24 am »

Addendum; NQT: In your seemingly infallible Not Evil notion, on that single prod to us four-I believe you wish for us to see something you are, right?
What did you see in the other nine that we fail to address?

For posterity: It is possible to elect corrupt officials! *stares at some presidents and people in governance in own country*
Yeah. >_> Even the people..as a majority--or possibly the election polls...can be rigged. Yes, people can be rigged to vote for certain people on certain incentives. I doubt that'd happened here though; too complex.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2014, 10:45:06 am »

Waaait.

Webadict: Is summoning meteors under dark magic?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:15 am »

I have returned!

...where did these six pages come from, lol. Reading now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

Sorry everyone! My computer decided it was hungry and ate my post because my post just disappeared once I hit the button... Hopefully everything's sorted out now, but the thread seems to have exploded whilst I was gone. I'll answer questions right now and after I'm done assessing the situation, I'll be back with my ideas and such.

Mastahcheese:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Someone who is pretty much generally agreed to be Not Evil is attacking you. You are also Not Evil, but haven't convinced anyone else of this very well. What do you do?
First off, I'd defend myself. I'd try to put their suspicions to rest. Or I would go back and try to find some evidence that my attacker is scum. If neither one of these works and there's no way I'm surviving the night, I'll just put my effort on spelling out my suspicions and theories and hope the remaining Not Evil people can use it to win.

MyOwnWorstEnemy
What are your initial thoughts toward the vote on you?
It's a pressure vote, or so I assume. He even said the only reason he voted me is because he recognized my name. I'm not terribly worried about it, honestly.

Whew... I think that's all. I shall be back later!

Tiruin: Hello!! :)
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Hi! You.
Let me define a scenario: It is Day one and a player has committed quite a lot of mistakes-communication and logical flaws: what will you basically do in regard to that person's action?
Well... I would probably assume it's a newbie mistake, assuming the player's a new player, and just let it slide unless it's really bothersome. If they aren't, I'd think they were scrambling for a lead and go back and look for scum tells to use to build a case against them.

NQT:
MyOwnWorstEnemy
I don't believe we've met. I want a three page essay on mafia theory and the meta-tells of every other player on my desk by the end of the day. Or, alternatively, just tell me a bit about yourself, your experience and your outlook on the game.
*takes out paper and starts scribbling*
I'm not sure what exactly you want to know about me. I only recently came to Bay 12 after a friend of mine kept pushing me to do so. As such, I know only a couple people and only a few people know me. I'm still a bit shy because I'm not sure of all the lingo and I'm not completely sure about the etiquette. My only hands-on experience is with the current BM, although I've had the same friend explaining the basics of mafia to me for a while now. I've also read a few finished games and have glanced around the wiki several times. I'm not sure about my outlook on this game. I'm so confused right now, but I hope to get a grip sometime soon.

RangerCado:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: What is your favorite town, mafia, and third party role? Why? And how do you like to use their abilities if any?
Keep in mind, this is all coming from what I've read about mafia. My favorite town role is probably the doctor because I think they're pretty damn useful, especially if there's a strong (seemingly) town member in need of protecting, which is what I would do. My favorite mafia role would probably be the godfather because you're mafia, but untouchable by cops' investigations so that there would be no definite evidence I was scum unless I'm lynched. I would use this to help draw suspicion away from me because unless I give off scum tells, no one could know I was scum. I think the serial killer would be my favorite, just because it seems like it would be a fun and challenging role to play as. I'm not sure how exactly I'd use a SK's abilities, though.

4maskwolf:
Everyone: What does everyone think of the 72 hour days. Will this make it easier or harder to find scum?
Well all of the days I've seen are 72 hours, so it won't be harder than usual unless we have a puzzle to be solving at the same time.

Whew... glad that's done. Now I'm off to read stuff!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2014, 11:27:22 am »

Webadict: I read the student handbook! What does it say about..'threatening' the teacher? What about 'voting' for them?
It says threatening a teacher is, and I quote, "Really, really stupid." Ah, here it is, under student conduct. "Do not threaten the teachers. It's really, really stupid." Seems like you didn't read the Student Handbook, Tiruin. Don't lie to me next time.

I guess you could vote me for greatest teacher, if you like.

Also, I query if it is possible to influence flavor!
Query pending. I'll talk with Mr. Nerjin over student eligibility. He's more in charge of the administrative announcements.

> Are there roleflips in the game?
> Would it benefit the masses if we nitpicked these kinds of mechanics?
Roleflips? Are you threatening students as well? How deliciously Evil. And what mechanics? Is Hermione doing something she's not supposed to?!

I'll give the first finger to Webadict.
Giving people the finger is awfully rude.

Waaait.

Well, typically dark magic is used for lazy people that don't have a Clapper. I suppose you could summon a shadow meteor, but who would do that? Oh right, anyone that wanted to because we're witches and wizards.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2014, 11:42:45 am »

Tiruin: yeah I think being concise is a good thing to do, it makes the game much easier to read.

This is particularly true because I have a specific suspicion that I am trying to verify.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:52 am »

Don't lie to me next time.
It was..curiosity! Handbooks are like the law: always what is stated and..wordy and.
Yeah you're right. Just making sure on all accounts.
I'll give the first finger to Webadict.
Giving people the finger is awfully rude.
xD
Sorry. Just couldn't resist.

Waaait.

Well, typically dark magic is used for lazy people that don't have a Clapper. I suppose you could summon a shadow meteor, but who would do that? Oh right, anyone that wanted to because we're witches and wizards.
Hm. I do note that-though I've also first mistook-that the # of scum were defined by the 3 mentioned.

Which is, still the same guess. :v
Though, part of me wonders if this detail on meteors pertain to something..deeper. Or, if Webadict..like, has some telepathic bond to the chalk that he can 'call' and detail what's holding him up.

Or how one can word the flavor to be blatant like this. :I

Must be just me overthinking. >_> However I can't see any sign of puzzle as of late, though.

Webadict: Is darkness directly associated with Evil?

Mr. Wub Badict: What's holding you up, sir?

Leafysnail
Tiruin: yeah I think being concise is a good thing to do, it makes the game much easier to read.

This is particularly true because I have a specific suspicion that I am trying to verify.
O-o
You're cryptic as always. :I
And always interesting. Blargh.

May I take note that your posting is not directly related to activity?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09:00 pm »

Webadict: Is darkness directly associated with Evil?

Mr. Wub Badict: What's holding you up, sir?

Why would darkness be associated with Evil? I already told you the lame things dark magic can do. Doesn't sound all that Evil to me.

I'm... uh... going to teach from a saf... remote location for the meantime. I wouldn't worry about it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2014, 12:12:36 pm »

... >_>

Everyone: Probability/speculation on a rocks fall, everyone [dies] scenario?
Too many hints for it to be serious, though, but..those hints.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2014, 12:32:41 pm »

My guess is about 6000%. But, I'm a history teacher, so I can really only speculate well on the past.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2014, 12:33:40 pm »

Quote from: makeinu
And as for the seemingling baseless questioning towards your vote, how do we know you don't have some ability that affects people you merely vote for? That could be a powerful ability if it exists.
You don’t. But A, when have I ever not done exactly this? Seriously, every game i’ve played on the board i’ve opened with a random vote to my knowledge, no matter mine alignment. B, you don’t, but why use it so early if I did have one?

RangerCado: thank you for the explanation, though I had already concluded that that was what you were doing. A question: since items are in the game, do you think that there are roles capable of interacting with items?
Probably. My thinking is that at most probably half of us have items and atleast 1 role probably roleblocks them specifically... or i'm over thinking this. To put it simply, yes, there probably is. (Possibly a hoarder third party who gets to keep items and wins if he/she has a certain percentage?)

Wuba: Is it possible to have more than 1 item?

Hapah and leafsnail seem to not to be doing much.
Well, Hapah posted he was gone for the day, and theres also the fact of it now the weekend where no one is under any obligation to post.

Tiruin: Are you talking about my experience? I know how most roles work, I've seen a couple games too get the gist, this is my first game because its the first one available.
Generally not the best idea. I learned that the hard way with Magic Mafia and made a load of mistakes, but i'm over most of them. Best idea is to wait for a BM to open up next time, but i'm sure you'll be fine.

... >_>

Too many hints for it to be serious, though, but..those hints.
The way for Town to win is probably linked to the items in some way, and if we don't figure it out we all die. Scum may win if they manage to kill us all before X amount of days. All theory but... it may hold some truth.

Question time!

H. Walnuts: Although I can understand not understanding at first whats going on, you really aren’t making much of an effort to actually hunt at all, only inquiring people who were currently on instead of floundering about a bit it seems. If you think your in over your head, I would ask that you request replacement, but I really want you to get started on this okay?

MOWE: Hm… I was hoping for something more creative in the answer department, but okay. Whats your take on the situation with the items in this game?

Tiruin: What kinds of clues are you looking for from Wuba? Have you considered also trying Nerjin?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2014, 12:37:55 pm »

Tiruin: What kinds of clues are you looking for from Wuba? Have you considered also trying Nerjin?
...Anything, actually. Specifying it? I'm thinking along anything, literally. Stuff are mostly in-flavor, but there are parts which are still left to be uncovered-though I feel now that it is more role/alignment related than anything else now, given the responses (and the humor, which added a nice spice to it)
Nerjin is busy but..good idea.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »

The clues I'm looking at are the pieces of information that webadict has carefully avoided telling us.  I encourage everyone else to do the same.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2014, 12:55:10 pm »

Wuba: Is it possible to have more than 1 item?
I don't know how. Maybe if they were talented enough. Or had more arms.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 112