Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212353 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2014, 10:42:48 pm »

Darkstar! Answer my flippin' question, dang it!
TheDarkStar
Are you scum again?

Nope, I'm finally not scum. I just haven't been posting much due to a few hours of RL today.

Do note that that's probably not the best way to scumhunt. A scum saying "I'm not scum" just just like a non-scum saying "I'm not scum".
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2014, 10:47:20 pm »

It was a weird mispost, I'm not even sure why I had that thread open.
Your entire idea is based on the premise that the mod would define evil in a different way than we would.  While anything is fair game in a bastard mod game, I find this more far fetched than the other ideas posited.
"Evil" does not imply "mafia".  For example, in Mafia and Masons and Hackers the mafia were a group who was trying to stop a corrupt hacking group from performing selfish acts.  As another, in Witch's Coven 3 the mafia were a group of witches who were trying to prevent the apocalypse, while the town was largely motivated by misplaced paranoia.

I'm saying that 'bastard' is a generalization when talking about the game. You can't immediately and fully deduce the whole thing as-is. Because that's..well, for me, quite a lot to deduce in a short amount of time.

Couple that with how your posts grow in wording and targeting over time--I'm amused as ever!
Yes, I post more if I believe I have cracked a game, and yes, I am capable of solving games.  You remember The Lonely Prince, right?

Yes..he did. However, he can't also just say that Town/Not Mafia/Mafia is the case, because as it seems-we're working along the lines of matching it up.
If town/not mafia/mafia is the case, then why wouldn't he just say so?

Perhaps it means by their abilities (due to context being classroom stuffs--most people onnly truly know each other by how they present..I..ahh...know this by experience. Probably jaded experience but y'know. Get the point). Or how they seem to everyone-given those thoughts.
What do you mean by this?

Meaning: NQT is just a regular p;ayer like anyone else, may have got some specials in her role, and obviously looks good in the public eye. Not casting malice or whatever, just saying my viewpoint (to discard any useless suspicions along that line on me)
NQT isn't a regular player like anyone else, though.  They were explicitly mentioned in the first post of a thread.  That makes them abnormal.  At this point you should be thinking: what is the reason for this abnormality?  Why would webadict put an unusual public role into his game?  Why is he being just vague enough that NQT isn't actually confirmed?

Look at all Web/Nerjin's posts. They're all made, or most are made, from the voice and viewpoint of a teacher..-ish person. While it seems 'neutralmodvoice', it's set in the context of what we're playing.
Hence my question.
Ok, I see what you mean.  I think the fact that they're presenting themselves as characters in the game supports the notion that they could be involved in the meteor summoning.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2014, 10:50:25 pm »

TheDarkStar: What do you make of leafsnail's belief about the mod misleading us with regards to the definition of evil?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2014, 10:52:53 pm »

To be clear: I don't think he's misleading us with regards to the definition of evil.  The evil students (if there even are any) are probably genuinely evil under the standard, accepted definition.  What I think he's misleading us about is the assumed link between evil and the mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2014, 10:54:03 pm »

LeafSnail: he wouldn't outright so so that we wouldn't know what to believe. He likely isn't lung about everything, but he acts like he is so that we don't know what parts to take as absolute truth.

And who said anything about mafia. It is my understanding that the summoning of rocks to destroy the earth is an evil act, no?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »

Everyone: Do you think we should play this...literally? All responses made from Web are...literal. As in-context wise.
Do you think flavor plays a greater role here?

I don't understand what you're playing. Am I supposed to be figurative? Is Dr. Nerjin even keeping the class in check? I will give you detention.

Webadict: Elucidate us. Do history classes deal with the study of the branches of magic? What are the dark magics classified under? Any theme representing them?
Seriously Tiruin? Do you even pay attention in class? What have I been doing all year? Flailing my arms and shouting at you?! Because that's probably what I did! But, sure, let's have a remedial magic lesson, because clearly this is magic class, and I'm a magic teacher. You can blame early demonoid contact with our learning magic. When these early humans made contracts with demons, they were able to channel energy through themselves at the cost of whatever the contract was. Many made bad contracts, and so humans looked for better ways to get magic, and eventually worked out how to channel their innate abilities.

I don't know what you think a branch of magic is, but I already told you, dark magic is a really boring and uncommon magic that allows you to summon or control shadows. Just because you're an exchange student doesn't mean you're allowed to screw around and not listen.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2014, 10:59:48 pm »

Incidentally my mis-post was actually weirdly appropriate to the thread I ended up in, you could kindof imagine that I might get drunk and launch into an unprovoked rant about flavour text in the Archive

webadict: what proportion of people in this world are evil, would you say?

LeafSnail: he wouldn't outright so so that we wouldn't know what to believe. He likely isn't lung about everything, but he acts like he is so that we don't know what parts to take as absolute truth.

And who said anything about mafia. It is my understanding that the summoning of rocks to destroy the earth is an evil act, no?
Depends on the context.  Maybe the world is so cursed by sin and suffering that bringing a meteor down on it is the righteous thing to do.  Or maybe the meteor summoners aren't the people we need to lynch in order to stop the meteor.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2014, 11:01:08 pm »

TheDarkStar: What do you make of leafsnail's belief about the mod misleading us with regards to the definition of evil?

I think that being "Evil" is completely independent from summoning the meteor. Just because you're evil probably does not mean that you want the world to end. There are probably evil people and then other people who summoned the meteor who hate the world. While it might be true that some people are evil and some are not, I'm not sure that it actually matters that much.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2014, 11:02:18 pm »

Actually that would be a good thing to know.

webadict: How would one go about stopping a meteor, once it has been summoned?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2014, 11:04:05 pm »

Leafsnail: so if your assumptions were to be valid, where does that leave us? What do you think that it would mean for the game progressing from here?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2014, 11:05:38 pm »

Meaning: NQT is just a regular p;ayer like anyone else, may have got some specials in her role, and obviously looks good in the public eye. Not casting malice or whatever, just saying my viewpoint (to discard any useless suspicions along that line on me)
NQT isn't a regular player like anyone else, though.  They were explicitly mentioned in the first post of a thread.  That makes them abnormal.  At this point you should be thinking: what is the reason for this abnormality?  Why would webadict put an unusual public role into his game?  Why is he being just vague enough that NQT isn't actually confirmed?

Maybe I'm not reading enough into it, but I somewhat assumed that meant NQT is an Innocent Child.

Of course, I'm apparently the only one who's noticed that NQT is both "totally Good" and "Confirmed Not Evil", and not drawing the conclusion that there are three alignments, but only two.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2014, 11:07:51 pm »

Makeinu: alignments or factions. Because there could well be many factions. The only alignments that I know of are evil and not evil.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »

Or maybe the meteor summoners aren't the people we need to lynch in order to stop the meteor.

Related to this: How do we stop the meteor? I assume that it is necessary for the "Not Evil" people (and possibly those people too) to stop the meteor to win. Is there an item or something (maybe something we have to give to someone like NQT or anyone else with the right role)? Are there people who have to stay alive for long enough? Are there certain things that have to be said or certain actions done?

Also, why can't the teachers move the meteor? Obviously, it is much harder to alter the path of a meteor to hit a planet than to alter it to miss. Could killing all of the summoners stop the meteor?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:37 pm »

Leafsnail: so if your assumptions were to be valid, where does that leave us? What do you think that it would mean for the game progressing from here?
It leaves us with the identity of a mafia member and a good insight into at least one element of this game's puzzle.  The game should progress with us lynching said mafia member.

Maybe I'm not reading enough into it, but I somewhat assumed that meant NQT is an Innocent Child.
This is a Bastard Game.  The entire point of a Bastard Game is to prey on your assumptions.  Yes, webadict was clearly trying to imply that NQT is an innocent child, but he never came out and said it directly.  Why?  Again, if NQT is a genuine Innocent Child, why wouldn't webadict say?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2014, 11:10:34 pm »

PFP wont' post until far later
Leafsnail

Yes, I post more if I believe I have cracked a game, and yes, I am capable of solving games.  You remember The Lonely Prince, right?
Err, I never said that you aren't. Did you get that I said you weren't? I mean, the way you were posting always amuses me, like any good player does-they amuse me.
And yep, I did a nice reread and it was awesome. Also, the flavor was awesome. T'was wonderful reading it again and putting myself in any area near Denmark.

If town/not mafia/mafia is the case, then why wouldn't he just say so?
...For the..fun, I believe? Bastard game, methinks the terms are just as they are-terms; it is doomed to failure to speculate so early on without prior evidence--like roleflips/how lynches go or how hammers-if possible-are connected to the bastard-ization-part of the game.

And I really think its terminologies given how Webbyweb states those Not Evil-evil-good stuff in the OP (ie If you haven't received...then you are Not Evil). Checking it with my role-Not Evil is a..nice subset of being not totally evil. Meaning: Presumed town.

What do you mean by this?
Other than what I meant by the Good =town//Evil =mafia; I mean by how good/bad our abilities are. Take the situation on classroom and school in general--we have but one goal: To learn. We have others alongside us. Me guessing how the moral terms apply is by how its analogous to RL.
People discern others by how they act and how they show themselves. NQT, as an example, is a class president (assumed way of being president is democratic class voting...) and the context shows that we are to infer her as Not Evil. Is there any cause behind such? No, not yet-if any, but she was outed for one reason--to serve a role purpose. Now I don't know why there should be a confirmed Not Evil (replacement for "Town" in this game?), but it adds to the mystique. Thus leading to my conclusion above.

Which is..a branch of how to discern 'Good/Evil' terms.

Yep!
..Abnormal? O_o
Funny words.

However I think we're thinking on the same thought line here, just with different perspectives.

Ok, I see what you mean.  I think the fact that they're presenting themselves as characters in the game supports the notion that they could be involved in the meteor summoning.
Yesss someone gets me. I'm not a total failure in English woo~!!

Incidentally my mis-post was actually weirdly appropriate to the thread I ended up in, you could kindof imagine that I might get drunk and launch into an unprovoked rant about flavour text in the Archive
It should be in Mafia Theory, it actually belongs there, too! :P

Everyone: Do you think we should play this...literally? All responses made from Web are...literal. As in-context wise.
Do you think flavor plays a greater role here?

I don't understand what you're playing. Am I supposed to be figurative? Is Dr. Nerjin even keeping the class in check? I will give you detention.
...I..I'm somewhat tempted to even push this to find out of 'too many questions =...modkill(?!) or silence for a..day or so?' but it doesn't seem like it'll lead somewhere.
IC?
"Yes intangible voice of Mr. Badict sir. Sorry."

Seriously Tiruin? Do you even pay attention in class?
Meteors aren't shadows, are they? O_o (this is a hypothetical addressed to everyone BUT WEBADICT OR NERJIN...it's nice to see that they're..also under the address of everyone. My neurons are confused. Blargh)

I'd speculate at geology but...
Yeah, too many speculations.
But it wasn't also said on whether this meteor causes the disruption of classes.
Though in foresight, how does Teacher Badict play a role here?!
Yeeeaaah.
Too many speculations. Too early.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 112