Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Warring States 5: The Generals! Kingdom of Qi wins!  (Read 2331 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Warring States 5: The Generals!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2022, 07:15:21 pm »

//King proposes, Heaven disposes.

Taoist Kingdom of Chu
Soldiers of Chu attack Qiang, and are met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Qiang! Qiang pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Chu attack Xun, and are met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Xun! Xun pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Chu attack Yun and are met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Yun! Yun pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Chu attack Deng, and are met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Deng! Deng pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Chu attack Bai Pu, and are met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Bai Pu! Bai Pu pillaged for 1.

Mohist Kingdom of Southern Song
Soldiers of Southern Song defend Zhong Li, but no enemy comes.
Soldiers of Southern Song led by Rui Ping attack Han, and are met with no resistance!
Southern Song conquers Han! Han pillaged for 1.

Legalist Kingdom of Qi
Soldiers of Qi defend Quwo, Zheng, Song and Teng, but no enemy comes.
Soldiers of Qi led by Jia Hui and Zheng Shun swarm over defenses of Xue Province (13+2+2 vs 1+2 Rice)!
Qi conquers Xue! Xue pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Qi led by Feng Zhi and Cui Yang swarm over defenses of Chao Province (13+3+1 vs 5+2 Rice)!
Qi conquers Chao! Chao pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Qi led by Yuan Qiang and Feng Chao attack Chen, and are met with no resistance!
Qi conquers Chen! Chen pillaged for 3.
Soldiers of Qi led by Hou Ning and Cui Jin attack Dun, and are met with no resistance!
Qi conquers Dun! Dun pillaged for 3.
Soldiers of Qi attack Liang, and are met with no resistance!
Qi conquers Liang! Liang pillaged for 2.

Confucian Kingdom of Shu
Soldiers of Shu defend Shu, but no enemy comes.
Soldiers of Shu led by Zhong Lu, Zhong Tao, Zhang Fu and Xun Yun are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Shen Province! (11+2+1+1+2 vs 28 Rice), Heads, Tails, Tails, Tails
Shu fails to conquer Shen, and Generals Zhong Tao, Zhang Fu and Xun Yun are killed by enemy soldiers, with only Zhong Lu retreating to safety!
Soldiers of Shu led by Cao Li and Chu Jun are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Luo Province! (11+3+3 vs 28 Rice), Tails, Heads
Shu fails to conquer Luo, and General Cao Li has his head crushed by a rock thrown by a Chu soldier, while Chu Jun manages to escape!
Soldiers of Shu attack Yong, and soldiers of Chu attempt to stop them! 4+8 vs 6+7 = 12 < 13
Shu fails to conquer Yong!
Soldiers of Shu attack Kui, and soldiers of Chu attempt to stop them! 4+1 vs 6+6 = 5 < 12
Shu fails to conquer Kui!
Soldiers of Shu attack Ba, and soldiers of Chu attempt to stop them! 4+4 vs 6+9 = 8 < 15
Shu fails to conquer Ba!
Soldiers of Shu attack Yelang, and soldiers of Chu attempt to stop them! 4+4 vs 6+5 = 8 < 11
Shu fails to conquer Yelang!

Mohist State of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Bing Jian attack Wu, and soldiers of Southern Song attempt to stop them! 2+1+(3) vs 8+2+2 = 6 < 10, Heads
Wu fails to conquer Wu, but General Bing Jian manages to escape encirclement!

TURN 10

Quote from: Fall of Wu
3, 1, 1

State of Wu is conquered by Kingdom of Southern Song!
General Yuan Hui escapes on a boat to the Kingdom of Qi, while Zhu Rong and Bing Jian traverse a hidden road to the Kingdom of Chu!

Quote from: RNGeneral
2, Heads and Tails
Xu Da joins Kingdom of Southern Song

Once upon a time...
"The last of the Wu have been defeated!" Shouted King of Southern Song. "Who was the man who led the attack on the Han city?" And so Rui Ping inquired and found that the officer who led the attack was indisposed at the day of attack, and his men were led by his subordinate. That subordinate's name was Xu Da, often sidelined by his superior, until this fateful attack. When King of Southern Song learned that such an unassuming subordinate managed to score such a gallant victory, he summoned Xu Da to the capital and bestowed upon him the rank of General.

Moves Needed: Maximum Spin, Kashyyk, notquitethere, Unraveler

Spoiler: Rice Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Generals' Scroll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 07:24:22 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2022, 07:52:14 pm »

Attn Shu
If we do not hang together, we shall all hang separately. Therefore, I propose we end our conflict to focus on containing Qi.
I offer to trade you the states of Xun and Yun in exchange for the state of Shu, so that you may reconstitute yourself in a more northerly position.
Ceasefire is not conditional on accepting this offer. However, if you reject the ceasefire as well, I will have to destroy you, and then Qi will certainly win.
Regards, Chu.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2022, 04:51:37 pm »

Shu has become irrelevant at this point, we accept death, should it please you. We do not see what you gain from averting our destruction, as we have nothing to offer a counter-offensive against another enemy.

Invest 44 Rice in Shu
I've lost control of my life.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2022, 08:14:24 am »

Taoist Kingdom of Chu
Soldiers of Chu attempt to conquer Dun, and forces of Qi attempt to stop them! 21+8 vs 15+6 = 29 > 21
Chu conquers Dun! Dun pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Chu are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Chen province! (21 vs 30 Rice)
Chu fails to conquer Chen!
Soldiers of Chu attempt to conquer Shu, and they're met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Shu! Shu pillaged for 16.

Soldiers of Southern Song led by Rui Ping and Xu Da attempt to conquer Guiji! 10+1+(3+2) vs 10+8 = 16 < 18, Heads, Tails
Southern Song fails to conquer Guiji, and while Rui Ping manages to escape, Xu Da is crushed by a Guiji chariot!
Soldiers of Southern Song are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Chao province! (1 vs 20 Rice)
Southern Song fails to conquer Chao!
Soldiers of Southern Song attack Xue, and forces of Qi attempt to stop them! 1+9 vs 5+4 = 10 > 9
Southern Song conquers Xue! Xue pillaged for 1.

Legalist Kingdom of Qi
Soldiers of Qi led by Feng Zhi and Zheng Shun are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Tang province! (8+3+2 vs 22 Rice), Heads, Tails
Qi fails to conquer Tang, and General Zheng Shun is shot and killed by Chu archers while Feng Zhi escapes!
Soldiers of Qi led by Yuan Hui are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Sui province! (7+1 vs 22 Rice), Tails
Qi fails to conquer Sui, and general Yuan Hui is killed by a group of Chu spearmen!
Soldiers of Qi led by Feng Chao, Jia Hui, Cui Jin and Cui Yang swarm over defenses of Han province! (12+1+2+1+1 vs 5+2 Rice)
Qi conquers Han! Han pillaged for 1, and the province becomes akin to a wasteland!
Soldiers of Qi led by Yuan Qiang and Hou Ning swarm over defenses of Zhong Li province! (12+2+3 vs 5+2 Rice)
Qi conquers Zhong Li! Zhong Li pillaged for 1, and the province becomes akin to a wasteland!

Confucian Kingdom of Shu
Shu invests 44 Rice in Shu.

TURN 11

2, Heads and Tails
Xu Chen (SL+2) joins Kingdom of Southern Song!

Once upon a time...
A young warrior arrived at the palace of the King of Southern Song. "My liege! I have received news that my elder brother Xu Da was killed by the people of Guiji while leading a honorable conquest of their petty state!" Bemoaned the young warrior, and his name was Xu Chen. "Let me serve you, and I shall avenge him by conquering Guiji in your glorious name, or else die trying, I swear this upon the Heavens above!" So inspired was King of Southern Song by Xu Chen's zeal and emotion, that he made him a General.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 12:21:15 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2022, 04:03:00 am »

Still needs Unraveller.
SigFlags!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2022, 11:44:33 am »

20 rice invested into Yiqu
I've lost control of my life.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2022, 01:03:14 pm »

Taoist Kingdom of Chu
Soldiers of Chu are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Zheng provinced led by Cui Yang, Yuan Qiang and Hou Ning! (29 vs 37+1+2+3 Rice)
Chu fails to conquer
Soldiers of Chu are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Chen province led by Feng Chao, Jia Hui, Cui Jin and Feng Zhi! (25 vs 37+1+2+1+3 Rice)
Chu fails to conquer Chen!

Soldiers of Southern Song attack Han, and are met with no resistance
Southern Song conquers Han! But there's no Rice to pillage left...
Soldiers of Southern Song attack Zhong Li, and soldiers of Qi attempt to stop them! 5+6 vs 10+5 = 11 < 15
Southern Song fails to conquer Zhong Li!
Soldiers of Southern Song led by Rui Ping and Xu Chen attack Guiji! 9+4+(3+2) vs 10+1 = 18 > 11
Southern Song conquers Guiji! Guiji pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Southern Song are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Chao Province! (1 vs 10 Rice)
Southern Song fails to conquer Chao!
Soldiers of Southern Song are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Teng Province! (1 vs 10 Rice)
Southern Song fails to conquer Teng!

Legalist Kingdom of Qi
Soldiers of Qi attack Yiqu, and are met with no resistance!
Qi conquers Yiqu! Yiqu pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Qi attack Cheng, and are met with no resistance!
Qi conquers Cheng! Cheng pillaged for 2.
Soldiers of Qi attack Xue, and are met with no resistance!
Qi conquers Xue! Xue pillaged for 1.
Soldiers of Qi are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Sui province! (1 vs 29 Rice)
Qi fails to conquer Sui!
Soldiers of Qi are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Dun province! (1 vs 25 Rice)
Qi fails to conquer Dun!
Qi invests 5 in Zhong Li.

Confucian Kingdom of Shu
Shu invests 20 in Yiqu.

TURN 12

3, Tails
Qi Fang (SL+1) joins Kingdom of Qi!

Once upon a time...
There was a prince within the royal family of Qi, who, whilst a scholar and a poet, secretly studied the ways of warfare and generalship. His name was Qi Fang. And so one day his secret studies were discovered by Cui Jin and Cui Yang, who spotted him training with a sword in the forest. And the two Cui's brought this issue before the King of Qi, the prince's uncle. "He studies the ways of warfare and generalship. But he does so in secret, as if it was gross impropriety for a learned man like him to do so." Said Cui Jin. "If he studies theory, he ought to put it to practice. Let us have Qi Fang as a general, and we will see if his training brought fruit or not." Said Cui Yang. And so King of Qi was convinced by Cui Jin's and Cui Yang's words, that he summoned Qi Fang to the palace, and made him a General.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 01:37:37 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2022, 01:38:36 pm »

Unraveler gotta do his thing.

I mean I can asssume what his thing will be, but formalities gotta be done :P
SigFlags!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2022, 01:43:25 pm »

As I have exactly 108 rice, it is clear that Buddhism has come early to China and the Warring States period is at its natural end.
Seized by a spirit of 非心, the King of Chu respectfully concedes and retires to a monastery.
All glory to the Qi Empire!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2022, 02:04:06 pm »

Qin begins coronation proceedings...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Warring States 5: The Generals! Kingdom of Qi wins!
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2022, 02:31:19 pm »

To avoid needlessly prolonging the game, I have assumed Unraveller would invest in Bao.

Let's go, the final turn update!

Taoist Kingdom of Chu
Soldiers of Chu defend Yun, Dun and Sui, but no enemy comes.
Soldiers of Chu swarm over defenses of Qin Province! (20 vs 10 Rice)
Chu conquers Qin! Qin pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Chu led by Xu Chu, Lu Chen, Bing Jian and Zhu Rong attack Zheng, and are met with no resistance!
Chu conquers Zheng! Zheng pillaged for 1.

Taoist Kingdom of Chu&Legalist Kingdom of Qi
Soldiers of Chu and soldiers of Qi both swarm over defenses of Zhou Province in the same time! (30 vs 10 Rice, 56 vs 10 Rice)
Chu and Qi both defeat Zhou defenders, and then soldiers of Qi push forces of Chu out of the Zhou province! Zhou pillaged for 10.

Soldiers of Southern Song led by Rui Ping and Xu Chen are ambushed and mercilessly slaughtered by defenders of Zhong Li Province led by Feng Chao, Jia Hui, Cui Jin, Cui Yang and Yuan Qiang! (1+3+2 vs 26+1+2+1+1+2 Rice), Heads, Heads
Southern Song fails to conquer Zhong Li, and both Rui Ping and Xu Chen manage to avoid capture!

Legalist Kingdom of Qi
Soldiers of Qi swarm over the defenses of Wu Province! (41 vs 24+2 Rice)
Qi conquers Wu! Wu pillaged for 4.

Confucian Kingdom of Shu
Shu invests 8 in Bao.

TURN 13

Kingdom of Qi rules over fiefs of Qi, Jin, Song and Wu, from their palace at Zhou! King of Qi proudly declares himself Emperor, the true and only ruler of all the land and people under Heaven!

Long live the Qi Dynasty!

But with several kingdoms still remaining in the south*, the Empire remained fragmented and thus the efforts of the Emperor were concentrated on the inside and not the outside. And so, after 40 years of warfare that was broken with intermittent peace treaties, the weakened lands of Han were attacked by the armies of a western polity; the palaces of Zhou burned one more time as the invaders took over the Empire and established a new dynasty...

Spoiler: Endgame Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Final Rice Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Final Generals' Scroll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 03:05:05 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warring States 5: The Generals! Kingdom of Qi wins!
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2022, 02:50:59 pm »

I am very pleased. I put my good fortune down to recognising men of quality and promoting them accordingly and treating them well.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]