Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1193084 times)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 130 Happenings all around.
« Reply #3825 on: November 22, 2015, 01:35:21 pm »

Leave my room and return to the tower via one of the side passages. Search the place for any items the other mages might have left behind, and loot any corpses that I find. Tear off a few rags from the clothing.
PM.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 130 Happenings all around.
« Reply #3826 on: November 22, 2015, 05:55:28 pm »

Turn 131

"Aha! Then- of course! LOOT!"

To summarize what Old King Coal was thinking- if the looting creature looted that stuff, it might be digging to better loot- or it might have a lair or something with even more loot!

Old King Coal sprints down the tunnel, making 3 bone essences as he goes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Old king rushed towards the tunnel with renewed vigor. Even though there was no reason to think that the creature carried anything away from here, even though all signs pointed towards creature simply using the place as a nest, even though values of a wizards and some random mining carnivore were most likely wildly different, and even though it was very dangerous, Old King Coal rushed forth. His claws lit the way, revealing that the tunnel was going up and down as often as it went left and right which was pretty often. The tunnel finally ended as it went into a large open space, and Old king saw few more tunnels going to somewhere further on. The ground within the chamber was absolutely covered with bones, some as small as a matchstick and others larger than Kings arm. Yet despite all of them being picked so clean that the ever present stench of miasma that King had expected was barely noticeable, there was not a movement anywhere.

(Please give a shard each from James to Gambler, Crimson, and Skelliborn. I edited my action to include this but after you had already started writing so my bad.)

"Well that was an eventful first council meeting. I'm going back to my shop, got a something to do before we leave."

Go back to the shop. Greet the tree.
"Hi, how ya doing? You know, after the way that council went I think you're right about mages."
Sit against the tree. Brew 4 essences and try again to armguardify the omnicube. Hopefully my luck bonuses actually happen this time?
"If you want I can change your form back to a natural tree."

James left the council to their own plots, it did not seem that there was much going on anytime soon anyway, and left back to where he once wanted to set up a shop. The tree-house was still where he had left it, but even from far away James saw that there was something wrong. The treehouse looked very much on fire. In panic, James rushed towards the treehouse, but as he got closer his panic began to subside and confusion took its place. The tree was in full bloom and from the center of each flower extended a small flame that did not seem to harm the tree in any way. James touched the tree and greeted it. "Took you a while to notice. And just as I said, I got involved with mages and bam, I'm on fire. Not even usual fire, oh no, it would not be enough for you people. And no, I would not like to become a normal tree. One of you might take offense that there is a tree not on fire anymore and do something worse. Just like you right now, you are leaking magic." Tree-house almost shouted out as James felt essence collapse in his hands. The charm of protection from magic hanging off the treehouse began moving in the wind, even though there were none. Deciding to lay off conventional magic for the moment, James began fiddling with omnicube and he finally managed to bend it into the shape he wanted. Omnicube reshaped itself into an armguard, with several smaller buttons that James had not seen before.

Leave the fortress. Try and go in a direction which will distance me from giant hunks of rock.

Use a research spell on the aforementioned projectiles. (Please PM me the info, as per usual.)

As I walk, set my new battery to draining magic from one of my +1 CMP chaotic essences. Observe the results.

Two knowledge essences, assuming I have time.

Viznor went away from the castle. There was a way away from the meteors, they did not seem to be going anywhere near the forest for some reason. It could be a coincidence, of course, but Viznor felt that even if it was a coincidence he would not lose much by being further away from the impacts. Going into the forest was not the best of ideas, but going around should not be dangerous. As not to waste the time, Viznor sent a bit of his power into his new bone battery. It absorbed it without trouble, and seemingly without a trace.

Walk to the hill bed on the edge of the map that is next to me
Make 3 essences

Shias moved along the edge of the salt field towards the edge of the island. There were meteors incoming and they were falling uncomfortably close to where he was standing before. There was no telling how dangerous the meteors might prove to be, and even if they were nothing too uncommon, they still had a lethal kinetic strike.

i use 4 more essences to remove the absence from glasses that allow me to see ripples/paths of aether and pray again to see if there is anything i can do or to give me a sign i also put on my new cloak
((allowing me to see where its flowing and how much of it is going there....i hope i can do all of this successfully ))

Nihilum pulled away a piece of reality to reveal a pair of glasses that were, in fact, there all along. The glasses were tinted with color of Irrigo, and revealed the flows of aether to those who looked through them. They did not, however, reveal a sign of Isis. The goddess was not feeling the need to provide guidance at the moment.

Cuberac looks around the area, and enters any rooms he finds. He also makes 2 essences.

Cuberac began going through the rubble searching for a way deeper into the castle. Many of the usual paths were blocked by rubble, but there were some ways through the walls now that the original builders most likely did not want to be there. For example, the armory filled with various medieval weapons was probably not supposed to be scattered all over. It did allow Cuberac to help himself to whatever armament he might want after all.
Shias the Druid.
"The Heart of Forests? Never in my life I expected to see it. And I shrudder to think how mages might abuse it if they find it is here..." Now aiming his words to treans surrounding the field. "I certainly don't need to tell you importance of keeping mages away from here. Although I'm ashamed to say I might end up using it myself too to remove fires of industrialization from this plane... *sigh*" He sighs and stands up.

3 essences again.
Go to where the hallucinogenic spores are. I guess the gasmask is useless in my current form, but if it helps to prevent me being affected then wear it.

Shias left the heart of the forest and its silent guardians in peace, seeking out the place where he had found the curious plants before. The growth was still there, just the same as he remembered. There were a few mice expired on the ground. The spores were most likely a predatory mechanism. The flowers did not open up as Shias came near, however. Did they not register him or was there something else?

"Mmmm lets see...."

comand the golem to form up a humaniod shape
Flare once more enforced a command with magic, and golem began to shift. Liquid moved to one side of the core and formed a stickman with core acting as the head. Could golems be lazy? What Flare had read before guaranteed that laziness was not something properly built golems suffered from. Was this mockery then? Then again, this was not exactly "properly built".

Craft three more essences. Have my raptors lead me to where Jiksap is.
{This would move you to the castle, which you had just left. Is that the intended effect?}

The blue meteors out the window spark interest in Jiksap. What might they be made of? Do they contain anything? Could they possibly be useful for machinery? Regardless, he knew they must be dangerous; power seldom comes free. He decides to prepare a little, then investigate the closest one. After it lands, of course. No use getting blown up!
Construct a magitech staff with the effigy as its channeling piece (head). Construct it in a way that I can channel the charges from my backpack into it (construct manually). Then create 3 essences.

After that, head off towards the closest meteor, but only close enough to observe the crash site. If something comes out, I may want some space to run.

Jiksap made good use of the parts he had conjured, constructing a upgrade for his backpack - a staff to channel the charge of the backpack, among other things. Then he got out of the castle as fast as he could, as there was an even he did not want to miss out on. One of the meteors was going to fall into the bloody lake and Jiksap wanted to witness it in case anything interesting happened. Just as Jiksap arrived to the scene, a pale blue something fell into the lake at absurd speed, sending waves large enough to throw the water tens of meters out of the lake. But as water returned to the lake, no matter how intensely Jiksap looked into the water, nothing seemed to be happening.

"Yes, it is time, let it begin."

Summon and control a demon using all my essences then create 2 essences

Blake called one of many names he had bought before coming here, and within the circle created by his magic opened a portal to a place at the edge of reality. From that portal, shadows at the edge of the circle pulled out a figure and unceremoniously dropped it. The portal then closed and shadows disappeared, revealing a thin, red, horned but humanoid figure. It had no tail, marking it as a devil rather than a demon, but it was one of the lesser devils - a Gog. Their talent to throw fireballs was quite useful in battle and they were used as archers by many demonic armies. Their physical capabilities left much to be desired. The demon sneered revealing many fangs in its mouth, and crashed against the edge of circle binding it, but it could not get out. It would now have to listen to orders of Blake or suffer the pain magical shackles would inflict it.

I don't know if they are trying to divide or gather...
Go north(towards the volcano), 4 electric essences.

Dest Eterna gave up on waiting and ventured northwards. There was no need to hurry, nor any reason to move slowly. If people wanted to deal with him, they would find him. It was their own damn fault for ignoring stuff they should be doing.

Create 3 Curse Essences. Walk toward the castle—and inside it, if possible.

Gloomy looked around. There was a very interesting looking tower nearby, it looked like a happening kind of place, and had a fairly decent chance of surviving any unlucky asteroid impact. Considering the apparent benefits, there was no way he could not at least pay a visit. Gloomy got so excited that he did not notice as one of his essences collapsed into a nasty shade of blue. The blue attempted to stick to Gloomy, but stopped for some reason and fell to the ground before disintegrating. But before actually taking the first step towards the Tower Gloomy began to think. That tower seemed perfect, and therefore had to be a trap. Just as quickly, he turned on his heel and ran off towards the only other building in the area.
{Damn are you (un)lucky. First turn after entering all players are protected by the magic that binds the main portal. You almost renewed your old curse there.}

This went... strangely, Kahel admitted. He expected his plan to succeed flawlessly, yet this state promised some unexpected advantages as well. Interesting...

Walk away from the castle and to the volcano. I remember having an unfinished business there... And 4 temperature essences, please.

Kahel left the castle and moved off towards the volcano. There was still a thing or two to do there. On the way there, however, Kahel made a stop as he met Xazoliomuhr. Its usual toothy smile was gone, replaced by an angry frown. It was quite an achievement, considering that its teeth had grown in a way that made frowning all but impossible. Before Kahel could ask how was the dwarf, Xazoliomuhr began shouting. "To the nether with dwarves, and their L-damned stone bullshit. If I do not have to deal with another bearded liver again in this lifetime it will be too soon." As Kahel opened his mouth again, a question forming in his mind, Xazoliomuhr spoke again. "It is dead. Very much so. If it was a dwarf and not some absurdly complex golem built by an absurdly insane wizard."

Leave my room and return to the tower via one of the side passages. Search the place for any items the other mages might have left behind, and loot any corpses that I find. Tear off a few rags from the clothing.
PM.

Ilium left the room he was in and returned to the council chambers through one of the many side passages. There were a pair of fresh corpses that someone would need to move sometime, and Ilium decided to help out a bit by making the corpses a bit lighter. That the mass he'd take would be entirely equal to the mass of valuables the two corpses had was entirely coincidental. Marcus had entirely nothing on him, but a bit of cloth could prove useful. Dwen however, carried a good quality sword, something that would have a very good chance of coming in useful later on. Ilium also took his lighter, as there was little point in leaving it there.

A few minutes later, Ilium walked out of the Tower into the courtyard and began chanting. A circle of black light apeared in front of him and from the circle crawled out something unnatural. It was so dark that it was hard to discern it's edges, only marks of a face being three blue lights seen from a shadow.

Yelping in surprise, the Gambler leaps backwards. He grabs the items the chair dispensed and marks the back of the chair with the symbol of luck. He didn't place any magical power into the rune, but it should serve as a warning to anybody thinking of sitting on it.
He proceeds to summon an opaque glass box with a lid and makes a pair of luck essences.

"'E should set out soon."
If James and/or Skelliborn leave, follow.

Gambler marked his chair in case as a warning for anyone else. It would not do if anyone accidentally dispensed themselves a saw trap and covered the whole thing in blood. Not having much else to do, he went off to see if his teammates-to-be were finishing their own preparations. On the way, he attempted to forge a glass box but all that appeared was a pile of glass shards. Skeliborn had already finished up and was going out, so at least the inaction would be over.

Well now seems as good a time as ever to start, (especially since the auras seem to be down at the moment) Also, I'd like to try a few small magic experiments on the road involving a system I'd like to create which I call S.A.F.E. The idea is to create magical objects with a standardized magic plug in which standardized magic items can be inserted to give the main system additional abilities and change its properties. For example if I were to have a sword with one of these magic plugs, I could insert a magic item of protection to cause a shield of protection to form around me, most likely made out of energy. The idea of the SAFE system is for a standardized way for mages to temporarily add abilities onto their magical items without risk of permanently altering their item in an unwanted way, something which would work without fail as all magic items that would be inserted into the magic plug would need to be premade. The one exception would be if you inserted a soul shard, as those work in mysterious and uncomprehendable ways.
Skelliborn
Action:
Create a SAFE system magic plug on the pommel of Vortex Bane ((I'm merely manipulating my blades properties here so I should be able to do this))
Mod -1 specific
Using:
1 Blade essences +1CMP

Create a swiss army knife with an enchant with a protection enchant and insert into the Magic plug if that succeeded.
Mod -1 Solid
Mod -1 Specific
Using:
Blade essence +1/+1
1 Blade essences +1CMP
Blade essence +1POT

Once all of this is done/has failed, assuming that no one has sustained any major injuries from my actions start head outside of the castle towards the southwest direction (basically the same way as the portal)

Skeliborn explained his new ide to his new teammates. There were a bit of interest, as it would allow one to create enchantments separately from items and then add them, thus avoiding the possibility of the magic failing and damaging the item. The demonstration, however, fell short because of the whole thing which sparked the idea in the first place. Instead of creating a neat plug for future enchantments, the magic morphed the pommel of the sword into a huge ring. It was not a configuration entirely unfamiliar to Skeliborn, there were certain tribes that intentionally forged their swords like this, due to the extra wide swing this allowed, but Skeliborn himself was unfamiliar with this. It required quite a bit of finesse to use this. Deciding that not all was lost, Skeliborn crafted a swiss army knife with enchantment of protection. Even without an amplifier it could be useful. And it was about time they got going.

SPD [(3&4)/2+1=2.5] {Adjusting to slowest}

Gambler and Skeliborn left the Tower and moved out towards the eldritch portal. As the two stopped to make certain they were not anywhere where the meteors were due to fall, one crashed into the ground just ahead of them. It was on the way, but they had a quest already decided and it could delay them. There was a decision to be made, to explore or to leave well enough alone.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Global event(s)

The asteroids have crashed into the ground (and water). Trap or treasure? You get to find out.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:14:07 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 131 Anticlimatic impacts
« Reply #3827 on: November 22, 2015, 06:05:12 pm »

Create 3 more essences. Actually, nah.

((I'm confused—I intended to go toward the eastern castle, but, since it was several tiles away, I thought I'd have to roll speed. Is there another castle I'm not aware of?))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:19:15 pm by Elephant Parade »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: November 22, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »

Create 3 more essences.

((I'm confused—I intended to go toward the eastern castle, but, since it was several tiles away, I thought I'd have to roll speed. Is there another castle I'm not aware of?))
((I spent last several turns specificly refering to the Purple magical Building as the Tower to seperate it from the castle so that there would be no mistake when people write where they want to go and in the end mess up myself first. Excuse me while I edit in shame.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: November 22, 2015, 06:12:35 pm »

"You, Gog, will obey my commands for as long as I desire, your first job will be to fireball an unwilling Mage so I can grab his shards, do we have an understanding?"

Attack the oncoming Mage (Gloomy) the Gog will fireball him and I will blast him with demon fire, then loot his shards.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:24:54 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: November 22, 2015, 06:15:02 pm »

((The bone battery and earth tome seem to be missing from my inventory.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: November 22, 2015, 06:31:35 pm »

((The bone battery and earth tome seem to be missing from my inventory.))
((Fixed))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:46 pm »

Go to the southern shore of shipwreck lake, and look for loot (namely, the trident spear and any adamantine bits which look useful).

Then go north. Three knowledge essences whenever I can get around to them.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: November 22, 2015, 07:21:19 pm »

Cuberac attempts to summon a large cluster of mobile sharp cubes, using all essences.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: November 22, 2015, 07:29:06 pm »

"This can't be right- oh. This is going to be a pain."

Old King Coal takes a fighting stance with his shovel and claws, standing against the wall as so not to be attacked from behind, and prepares to fight an invisible enemy. If no attack comes, he makes 3 bone essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: November 22, 2015, 08:17:04 pm »

Skelliborn
Action: Enchant Vortex Bane so that it instantly gives the user the experience, speed, and reflexes of someone who has had 10,000 years of experience fighting with Vortex Bane.
Mod -1 specific
((Its like the Avatar for blades))
Well, this looks interesting.
Head for the nearest meteor. If it contains treasure: loot it.
If it contains Sun-Goku, pray to him.
If it contains creatures that are trying to kill you, kill em.
If it contains superman, help him out.
If it contains another Marcus, kill him.
If it contains npcs or gods, talk to them.
If its a trap, curse Admiral Ackbar silently and kill the trap.
I think that covers everything.

((Also, currently in thr char sheet my blade needs to be updated, my swiss-army knife needs to be added, and I have a few extra essences))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:20:35 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: November 23, 2015, 02:06:07 am »

Walk cautiously towards the impact zone in the salt field,my velociraptors walking ahead of me
Make 3 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: November 23, 2015, 03:50:57 am »

PM.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: November 23, 2015, 04:41:48 am »

((My own name for this turn - Grand Exodus. Seems appropriate - mages, driven by earthly desires and opposite opinions, leave the Tower to gather strength and resources for inevitable battle between themselves.))

Kahel smiled to Xazoliomuhr:
"Well, while here it might be a second one, I'm sure you disposed of him perfectly. So, nothing to worry about."

And then turned to Dest Eterna, who walked beside him:
"Good to see another mage tired from too many wizards per square meter. I assume you're here for meteor, just as myself? If so - I'm perfectly fine to share our discovery - or fight against it back to back. Metaphorically speaking. But please, do ignore corpses laying beside it. I still have to collect my reward from one of them..."

Take shards from Jonas before exploring meteor crash. 3 temperature essences if possible.

((DG, please, delete my liquid essences (spent on ethereality) and replace them with temperature ones from the previous turn. Which must get +1 POT from my obsidian orb, by the way. You may also want to add dwarf to corpse pile and end Beirus transformation.))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 05:06:44 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: November 23, 2015, 06:28:27 am »

After I put on the glasses I go and catch up with skelliborn and the gambler and on the way try to pull something nice out of my hat for them
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 506