Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Artistry Guild  (Read 2148 times)

Porcelain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Artistry Guild
« on: November 10, 2012, 05:21:13 am »

A topic for Artwork related to or inspired by Dwarf Fortress.

A Cave Dragon's skin has become spread so thin, and has seen so little sunlight in it's millennia-long lifetime that it has become clear, it's vestigial wings have become even more limp and useless than those of the other Dragons that they now drag across the ground as it moves, in a serpentine fashion through the tube-like tunnels that permeate the eternal night world below the lowest mines of man or dwarf. They are not defenceless however, as their teeth have grown longer, like hooks to grip on the slimy, nameless things that share their deep home and become their prey.

A fortress deep within the reaches of the capital of the realm of The Mystical Door, Kanzon, built in the deep natural caverns beneath the city, which holds captive the steam-beast Avi Aniiquila, shackled by rock and darkness in the deepest fathoms of the fortress-city.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Artistry Guild
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 06:13:58 pm »

One, I love your drawings, the style is very cool.

Two, unless you intend this to just be a showcase thread (which is could easily be) you COULD post in Engraver's Guild. Of course no pressure, you're free to do/create whatever.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:15:59 pm »

Nice work, it's always good to see folks that know their way with a pencil without overdoing it with shading and stuff (something I'm woefully guilty of, NEVER ENOUGH SHADING!!!!).

But sadly there's already a thread for DF fanart, and I think they'd love to see this stuff there :)

Aaaand looking for it I found that someone linked you the thread in your other thread X)

Aaaaand ninjas strike once again XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Porcelain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:50:56 am »

forums will be the death of me

Porcelain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:56:58 am »

sooo, where should this be? if i am sent somewhere else again i will die, just die, on the inside, and the outside too. also in the hair, there will be hair-death.

Porcelain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:01:53 am »

oh wait no, hair-death avoided i just saw the post in the other topic i created.