Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Lethal Roll - Part 2  (Read 6454 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Lethal Roll - Part 2
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2024, 06:18:01 am »

GAIA TEAM - Turn 5 of 11

Crystalizedmire and Imp are deep underwater in cobalt colored scuba gear, their oxygen tank, air mask, and flippers are green. Their headlights illuminate a spooked school of fish. An aurora of white light ahead forms a glowing square. The divers swim up and enter into a cavity of breathable air in some kind of temple. After taking off their masks they find the source of the soft white light, one large gem. As they approach it turns green, and their wrist pads beep and show a green shield symbol marking the jewel, a counter begins to tick down and... red dots begin closing in from all sides...

From the surrounding darkness, 4 ninjas leap from columns until 1 front flips into the light. Their acrobatic metal body has a designation, Shinobi3. The ninja robot smiles with a forked tongue. She speaks, the voice is scratchy and digital. "Such nice bodies you have, it would be a waste to destroy them. ...I wonder if you can move them? How about a dance off, 2 against 2? If you lose, you wont be killed but cannot upgrade your weapons. If you win, then us and the other ninjas in waiting will survive to the next round, but will leave for now. Refuse, and we ALL rush you now!"

A second ninja flips by their side, bearing the designation 'Shinobi4'. She starts dancing...menacingly. Surprise Attack by Yasuharu Takanashi starts playing.

Accept dance off challenge? (3 turns)

Upgrades revealed after deciding. Offer refused if either partner declares an attack.
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2024, 10:14:13 am »

I bow, smiling, completely calm and confident.

"Thank you for recognizing us as mally and bringing us into the fold.  We are indeed your kith and kin, and I fondly remember our shared school, even though we were not in the same year."

"Absolutely I will confirm this, the traditional secret dances, I know the moves and will perform as expected.

At worst, CM's pocketed, and worth keeping around, but I am indeed one of you even if she is not, and I vouch for her - she is worthy and will prove it in her own way.  Let's finish confirming this - then let's indeed all advance to the next round, and fight together there against our shared enemy.  Ninjas vs the pirates ahead, or whatever else to come.  I am grateful to accept your participation, and for us to help you as well as part of our mutual 'weapons upgrade' for the next round."

Still smiling, I bow again then turn to CrystalizedMire, nodding with fond affection.

"Partner, do you agree?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2024, 09:29:14 am »

"Yep, just one question: how long does not upgrading weapons last?"
she/her

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2024, 11:21:35 pm »

I finally finished setting up Hero Saga, although it doesn't feel quite right to start this up again with Str1f3 banned earlier this week.

I'm going to see how demanding upkeep of Hero Saga turns out to be, and perhaps revisit/resume this later.
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]