Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 13662 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Mulligan Town
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2024, 08:26:21 pm »

She looks at you like you spoke in a foreign language.

"...We run an Inn. All the rooms are filled for free."

She then sighs, grabbing a mug from under the bar.

"Can ye handle dwarf cider? We got spiced cider from up north otherwise. One Gamel a mug for either. Got to make our money back somewheres."

"Right, stupid question to ask."
George takes out a coin from his belt pouch and plops it down  in front of the bartender.
"I'll take a mug of dwarf cider then."

It turned its gaze slowly to the door, its expression still unchanged. It was as if it forgot it could move the muscles of its face.
"Sadly though I think we will be as unlikely to have any new adventurers arrive as we are to meet another Van. I suspect you will be stuck with this old broken Runefolk,"
Right after ordering, George turns back to Van. Maybe a bit perturbed by its blank face, but he continues anyway.
"I suppose that would mean more glory and fame for each of us..."
Taking a second to glance around the hall, the fellow adventurers, and the empty chairs and tables.
"At least it looks like something from an adventure story. Bunch of adventurers who got together to save the innocents for fame, Gamels, or challenge, in a busy tavern full of patrons. Well, currently without the busy tavern part evidently."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 08:54:01 pm »

Khyros discreetly (for a nightmare, anyway) orders a drink from the bar.  The weakest mead they have, preferably.

You ignore the animal person trying to talk to you about sports and order some mead. The bar lady pours a drink from a keg behind her and slides it to you. Its a golden colored liquid, smelling more strongly of honey than alcohol.

"Meads from a Leprechaun colony not too far from here. Lightweights don't put much alcohol in it. One coin sir."

"I'm glad that there is no fee for sleeping in one of those rooms. I'm a little tight on money as of late," Lanith said. She lied about the last part, "as of late", but it was way simpler than saying "me and my family were always tight on money" and then having to explain where she got her equipment, the old aramid coat, the katzbalger, and the buckler from. All these things were gifts from a family friend who turned out to have stole them. "Anyways, any jobs for us adventurers to do?"

"Ain't you supposed to be investigating the Etherwind? Most adventurers make their coin going into the old ruins. Junk from the Precursors all sells well. Guess there is bounties over at the old guild hall too, but aside from the sky trying to kill everyone its mostly quiet on that front."

George takes out a coin from his belt pouch and plops it down  in front of the bartender.
"I'll take a mug of dwarf cider then."

"Thank ya."

She takes the coin, grabs a ladle, and fills you drink from a stone container near the floor. It is a steaming dark liquid that is hot to the touch.

"Dwarf cider warms ya up in more ways than one. Popular with those who just got back from the cold south. Careful ya don't burn your tongue."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2024, 09:45:46 pm »

He drops a coin on the counter.  Suddenly realizing said animal person was speaking to him, he replies:

"Depends on the day, hour, and level of violence.  What about you?"
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2024, 11:29:43 pm »

"Ain't you supposed to be investigating the Etherwind? Most adventurers make their coin going into the old ruins. Junk from the Precursors all sells well. Guess there is bounties over at the old guild hall too, but aside from the sky trying to kill everyone its mostly quiet on that front."
Lysia speaks up in response to the barkeep. "Where is the old guild hall? Is there anyone that's already looked into the Etherwind? Anyone know when and where it started?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2024, 11:31:53 pm »

"I generally like a good game, especially one with riding. What level of violence do you prefer?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2024, 12:06:35 am »

Lysia speaks up in response to the barkeep. "Where is the old guild hall? Is there anyone that's already looked into the Etherwind? Anyone know when and where it started?"

"Guild hall - that is to say the Adventurer's guild - is in the center of town by the church. Its the one with the heroic looking statues all about the place, can't miss it. I'd say there is a good many looking into the Etherwind. The three day limit is to make room for new adventurers - we've been full up since the offer started. Other inns have been seeing plenty of traffic too, and they're all making a profit from it I wager. Plus all the government types and scholars who wouldn't dream of leaving their halls to come down here themselves. Come to think of it just about everyone wants the wind gone, you've got your share of competition."

She taps her head as if thinking.

"Can't say I heard of it until the corrupted villagers started pouring into town. If someone knows its origin it sure ain't me."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2024, 12:19:09 am »

"Ma'am, we're the protagonists, we don't have competition."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2024, 12:45:00 am »

Lysia turned back to Lanith, using Lykanth to ask for her thoughts and plans
~Wana head to the old guild hall? See if they'll pay us to scout an area for them?~
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2024, 03:28:47 am »

George takes a sip only to immediately burn his tongue. Taking a small break from drinking the dwarven cider he asks.
"Say, Missus. Know anything of interest that the refugees said? Villages? Sightings? Anything of note?"
After asking this, he starts nursing his drink after giving time for it to cool down.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2024, 07:17:38 am »

"Can't say I heard of it until the corrupted villagers started pouring into town. If someone knows its origin it sure ain't me."
"Do you know of any of those villagers who would be willing to share their stories? We are working with very little information at the moment,"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2024, 11:34:48 am »

"I generally like a good game, especially one with riding. What level of violence do you prefer?"
”Something just short of bleeding, you might say, but I must confess, I don’t know how to quantify violence, trying to measure it just never seems to come up that often”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2024, 03:13:15 pm »

"Well, you brought up the idea of levels of violence, so I figured you'd have an idea. Doesn't bother me if you don't, I can be flexible about violence. With that in mind, would you care to head out and look for something suitably monstrous to make bleed? When you're done with your drink, I mean."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2024, 03:44:50 pm »

He downs the rest in one gulp.

”Already done, and I don’t see why not.  You have somewhere in mind or…”[/glow

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2024, 03:58:34 pm »

Lysia turned back to Lanith, using Lykanth to ask for her thoughts and plans
~Wana head to the old guild hall? See if they'll pay us to scout an area for them?~
In Lykanth, Lanith replied:
~Sounds like a good idea.~
She walked towards the door but before she could open it, she asked:
"Does anybody else want to see the Adventurer's Guild?"
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2024, 04:05:13 pm »

He downs the rest in one gulp.

”Already done, and I don’t see why not.  You have somewhere in mind or…”
"I overheard something about some old ruins just now. Sounds like as good a place as any to start."

Ethan contemplates how to tap the bunny on the shoulder without knocking him over completely, then settles for drumming his fingers on the bar in a way that's kind of rude, but hopefully less rude than grievous bodily harm. "Hey there, would you be interested in joining us for a ruin dive? Your friend is invited too, if he's done chatting with the staff."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15