Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Secret Santa Mafia: Sign up + 1st day  (Read 4325 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Sign up + 1st day
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 12:34:48 am »

@Person

It's to provide some attempt at power control.  I have a fear that purely custom roles will result in each person bringing more and more power into the table, until we have a "Night immune, unlynchable godfather with 5 nightkills".  Besides, the idea of different roles from the various mafias we and others have played all coming here seemed too neat to pass over.

@free Beer and webadict

I was trying to figure out a way for the mafia to obtain scum chat.  Perhaps I'll change it to this: You may guess just your role OR you role AND alignment. If you guess both, then BOTH must be correct to receive a positive answer.  If you determine your role AND that you are mafia, then you will obtain Mafia chat.

So to answer Free Beer.. if you Guess "Mafia Hammerer" when you are, in fact, a "Mafia Nexus" then I will just say "Wrong".  Same if you say "Mafia Hammerer" when you are a "Town Hammerer".  You CAN just guess your role, however (but not JUST your alignment)

Meanwhile.. So Hammerer kills anyone that targets them.. and if no one does, they do a night kill instead.  Evil.  It's in :D

@Major Sephiroth

Judas AND Saulus are in, depending on which side gets the role.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 01:32:43 am »

Unvote due to lack of guns to point at people.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 03:22:48 am »

Hehehehehehehehe Green. No Lynch!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:00 am »

With three killing roles, one mafia, and five people, this is going to be a really short game.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 08:27:35 am »

1. The game MUST have 8 people to begin, so there's that at least. 

2. There may be a chance that some vanilla townies will pop instead.  I got the randomizer to give a chance for up to 2 townies and 1 mafia in this example:

CPR Doctor:Pandasenic (mafia)
Hammerer:   Mr Person
Nexus:   Free Beer
Townie:   ExKirby
Townie:   Major_Sephiroth

Personally, I'd be mostly worried about what the mafia would get.  Also note that your night choice can be "no one". 

3. Even after 8 people show up, you would need 4 no lynches to stop the day and signups.  There's only 2 now.
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 11:25:02 am »

I think you should change the "guess once per game" to "guess once per day, starting day 2". Considering all the killing roles, it might be a little hard, especially if it turns out somebody else killed your target. Also, I cannot believe ToonyMan hasn't joined with a Jester or something equally annoying yet.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 11:39:08 am »

Each of the killing roles have a different 'flavor' though.  The flavor text is meant to be the #1 way to figure out your role along with plain old guess and test.  The Guess is mostly there to give the Mafia a way to gain access to Mafia Chat. 

Sidenote: No role can auto end game here.  If there's a Jester, their win condition won't get in the way of others.  There's a few roles I know of that would make some INTERESTING results though. 
I KNEW IT!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 09:41:16 pm »

Rules Clarification Question: Does the Faultmage's power work like a paranormal mafia plasma bomb? i.e. kill their target, anyone who targetted them, and anyone who targetted them, etc? What if the Faultmage targets someone who isn't home, but someone else also targets the same person? Does the targeter die anyway?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:18 pm »

I don't know about how it meshes with the different flavors in this, but the basic idea is the Faultmage is targeting their home, so....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 12:28:00 am »

How I interpret it:

1. A person is at home when they perform no power (i.e. vanillas) or if the role specifies that they stay home (the Paranormal mental powers).

2. When a physical action is used, the person walks TO the other player location.

Thus, two scenerios: 

A: Dakarian targets Litia.  Litia targets Pandasenic.  Pandasenic stays at home.

Litia went to Panasenic's place.  Dakarian following Litia, also goes to Pandasenic.  If Faultmage targets Dakarian or litia, no one dies.  If Faultmage targets Panda, then all three die.

B: Dakarian targets Litia.  Litia targets Dakarian.

Both leave their home and end up meeting somewhere..say, in the street.  they won't die from a Faultmage attack no matter what.

Players that are roleblocked are considered 'at home'. 

Protection roles save the target, but die themselves.

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 [2]