Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night!  (Read 13854 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bay12 Games Night!
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:38:35 pm »

Hey one and all!

Bay12 has some of the best people to play with, and I have set up a group to organize weekly events to play together.

Here is the Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bay12games

Our current exploits are mostly limited to Terraria, where we have a small but growing home, and some deep shafts set up.

The events currently run every Sunday. This may change as things go along!

Also, there's been a bit of a challenge finding games to play. Feel free to post your suggestions!

Spoiler: Original Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:15:40 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Games Night!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 01:39:10 pm »

Reserved. Just in case.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:02:37 pm »

I would say that tf2 is another game that will be a good team based game.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »

It's free, as well, and players with no items are still useful (in fact, the game is balanced so that the default equipment is best for the 'esscence' of the class. The so-called 'upgrades' generally sacrifice straight-up utility for being more 'interesting' in some way.)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 02:13:17 pm »

I would say that tf2 is another game that will be a good team based game.

That it would! A few games from the top of my head:
- Magicka
- Team Fortress 2 (free)
- Killing Floor / Natural Selection
- Awesomenauts
- Minecraft
- Red Orchestra 2
- Vindictus (Mabinogi Heroes, free)
- Mabinogi
- Castle Crashers
- Borderlands 2

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 02:23:02 pm »

War Thunder too! Also, strategy games! All the things! I'm up for it!

My question is whether this should not be merged into some previously existing group... I know there's a couple of DF groups over on Steam, for instance. Splitting the community into lots of subcommunities seems counter-productive, so perhaps we can all just decide on one thing and use that to schedule the games we want to play?

Most of all, I think it's just important to have a group of people willing to play with other B12ers, whatever time. If there's enough people, we'll reach critical mass and have people willing to play "all the time" :)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 02:33:21 pm »

There a Mabinogi DF group on Steam along with a Planetside 2 and Dota 2 one.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »

I only have the basic game of Borderlands 2, no DLC.

I am not much of a TF2 type of person, so count me out of that.
Not so much with Magicka or Mabinogi either.
Awesomenauts is ok, as long as I don't spend too much time on it (I get bored easily).
I may be able to play Planetside 2, however don't count on it.
I could join some GMod shenanigans, but it starts up kind of slowly for me.

I am however always (depending if life interrupts or not) up for Minecraft, Terraria and Guns Of Icarus Online.
Oh and Starbound as well once it's released (or at least the beta).
(Cube World is pretty nice as well, a pity it's not on Steam.)

Edit: By the way, I am Scandinavian (Europe time zone).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:39:37 pm by Ultimuh »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »

My question is whether this should not be merged into some previously existing group... I know there's a couple of DF groups over on Steam, for instance. Splitting the community into lots of subcommunities seems counter-productive, so perhaps we can all just decide on one thing and use that to schedule the games we want to play?

Most of all, I think it's just important to have a group of people willing to play with other B12ers, whatever time. If there's enough people, we'll reach critical mass and have people willing to play "all the time" :)
There a Mabinogi DF group on Steam along with a Planetside 2 and Dota 2 one.

There ARE separate groups, but they are in fact separated. My thinking is to organize a certain weekly event where people can log on, and find games to play with fellow Bay12'ers.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »

Add Monaco: what's yours is mine to the list! That game has awesome four-player co-op!

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

If anyone plays Quake Live, that's a fun game to play with people you know, as are most of the many open-source arena shooters. 
Wargame ALB is also good to stack on, even more when both sides are doing so.
The Spring RTS engine has a lot of good mods, while not generally extremely coordinated it is still a team RTS.  I think NOTA is the one the most people here are familiar with.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 03:20:08 pm »

I'm European, so... Yeah. Add Garry's Mod to the list too, since at least a few Bay12ers probably have it. TTT, anyone?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »

Here's how I picture this working:

- Set pre-determined event date
- Players submit games they are potentially interested in playing, I list them here
- We organize ourselves through Steam groups, or an IRC chat server, or a voice chat server

You may not find partners for every game, but you will find a game with people.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »

I think the problem is if we're having a "game night" people want games we can play together. 4-player co-op really isn't enough. Guns of Icarus let's us have up to 32 players - other games we come up with should at least be able to handle eight while remaining enjoyable.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

TF2 6v6 matches would be very intresting.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10