Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jade Court 2 - Return Of The Onyx Cabal! - Aborted Due To Insufficient Interest  (Read 2434 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

The morning was a morning much like any other, aside from the noteworthy detail that the Jade Palace was on fire. Despite the efforts of the palace guard, pumping water from the royal aqueduct, the unholy, purple flames consumed the Council Chamber.

The guard scraped away ash and broke apart charred furniture, and discovered what they all feared to find - the Jade Council had been incinerated, only fragments of bone remaining.

One of the guards, an astute captain, noticed something unusual underneath the Chamber's central table. After removing scorched wood, he retrieved a small pouch, and sneered in disgust.

It seemed this was no ordinary fire, but the creation of some rogue alchemist. Or rather... the creation of the Onyx Cabal, for only they knew the secret of all-consuming purple fire.

You were a new generation of Court electors, ready to play your part to elect a new Emperor, and it is almost certain that the Onyx Cabal are once more among you.

Or were you, perhaps, one of them? A member of the Cabal, eagerly waiting to turn your silvered tongue to the Court and split it in two?

Welcome to Jade Court 2! I don't think the previous game really got its chance to shine, so here we are.

Jade Court is an election mafia. The goal of this game isn't to execute the traitors among you, or murder the innocent, but rather to make sure that the position of Emperor goes to a member of your alignment. After all, the Emperor rules the palace, court, and kingdom. Normally I prefer games where every player has some sort of role ability, but Jade Court is an exception. The emphasis here is on your vote, and who you choose to support, or garner support from.

There will be some role abilities, however - do not disregard them.

Core Rules:

- The game shall possess at least ten players. In the case of a ten-player game, seven of those ten players will possess the Jade Court alignment, and the remaining three will possess the Onyx Cabal alignment. In the event that there are more than ten players, the number of players of each alignment will increase according to my best judgement.

- Each player role will have one or more Factions attached. Factions are not alignments, and are only relevant for Sects and potentially some abilities. The potential Factions are: Agriculturist, Militarist, Merchant, Enlightened, Artisan, and Noble.

- Onyx Cabal players share a private chat together which may be used at any time. Since Quicktopic is dead, we'll use Discord for this. They may submit actions via this private chat, as well.

- If all three Nominated players are of the Jade Court alignment, they will form a Jade Council and the Jade Court-aligned players will win. If all three Nominated players are of the Onyx Cabal alignment, they will lead a coup, seize control of the Jade Palace, and the Onyx Cabal will win immediately. Otherwise, the winning alignment will be whichever alignment has one of its members elected Emperor.

- The game will occur over four Day phases. There will be no other phases, nor will the game last longer than the end of the fourth Day phase. Each Day phase will last for 72 hours, not counting time spent on weekends.

- During the first three Day phases, the players will vote for Nomination. At the end of the Day, whichever player has received the most Nomination votes will be Nominated. In the event of a tied Nomination, the Day will continue until the tie is broken and no further. Once a player has been Nominated, they cannot be Nominated again.

- On the final Day phase, assuming no alignment instantly wins, the players will then vote for Election. All players who were not Nominated may now vote from among the Nominated players to select an Emperor. At the end of the final Day phase, whichever player has received the most Election votes will become Emperor. In the event of a tied Election, the Day will continue until the tie is broken and no further. Whichever alignment has one of its members Elected Emperor will then win.

- Please vote in blue for Election and Nomination. Votes may be freely moved between players or removed, under normal circumstances. Each player has only one vote, assuming normal circumstances.

- Vote counts will be released every 24 hours, at 8 PM Central time. Active-use abilities that do not resolve at the end of the Day will also resolve at this time. I may also post other vote counts on request or when appropriate, when I have the time to make them, though abilities will not resolve at those times.

- Please also try to be reasonably civil to your fellow players. Some aggression is understandable, but we're all playing a game here. If you feel the need to take a breather, please do so.

- I shouldn't need to say this, but no quoting mod communications, including your role PM, in the game thread. If you're a member of the Onyx Cabal, you may quote mod communications in your private chat.

Spoiler: Niche Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ability Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sect Rules (click to show/hide)

Signups:
  • The Canadian kitten
  • Maximum Spin
  • NJW2000
  • Crystalizedmire
  • Quarque
  • sofanthiel
  • EuchreJack
  • Three more needed.

Signups will close Tuesday, October 10th.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 10:04:22 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court 2 - Return Of The Onyx Cabal! (0 / 10+)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 09:31:11 pm »

IN

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court 2 - Return Of The Onyx Cabal! (0 / 10+)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 09:32:16 pm »

Prioritizing Trigonometry Womanizing
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court 2 - Return Of The Onyx Cabal! (1 / 10+)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 10:12:56 pm »

In. I bet it's not going to go as well (for town) this time, though.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court 2 - Return Of The Onyx Cabal! (2 / 10+)
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 07:58:43 am »

In.

Extra wincons is hmmmm but as long as everybody has a roughly equal shot at the prize, I’m happy
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 02:41:36 pm »

In
Also, two mafia games(well technically Schizophrenoida is a Mafia hybrid/Suggestion game hybrid) where the main way of winning is voting and that I'm in both?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 02:45:20 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 02:47:35 pm »

I don't understand any of these rules, they were designed by a madman and they scare me.

Regretting this already but I'm in.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 05:05:40 pm »

I don't understand any of these rules, they were designed by a madman and they scare me.

That kinda describes most of my games now that I think about it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court 2 - Return Of The Onyx Cabal! (5 / 10+)
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 06:47:44 pm »

Signups close tomorrow. If I don't get enough signups I'm just going to cancel the game and pass the slot to the next person who wants it.
Generic Arms Race.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 06:52:40 pm »

I think you might be a little optimistic wanting games of more than 7 players.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 07:26:15 pm »

Actually IN this time; hoping this'll see the light of day.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2023, 08:10:44 pm »

I think you should give it more time to percolate. Maybe reach out to some other veterans.

As for me, IN.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enters the line.  Appears prepared to and willing to wait here, perhaps forever.  One hand holds a tattered invitation, a small 'sender unknown, recipient address unknown, undeliverable' visible between the fingers that cherish it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enters the line.  Appears prepared to and willing to wait here, perhaps forever.  One hand holds a tattered invitation, a small 'sender unknown, recipient address unknown, undeliverable' visible between the fingers that cherish it.
Imp, are you addicted to joining every single mafia game since the queue was destroyed?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imp, are you addicted to joining every single mafia game since the queue was destroyed?

Shakes head and moves the item held a little.  Found this.  Maybe it means something.  Maybe it matters.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: [1] 2