Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 82322 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 7: Dermonster is OP
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2014, 02:16:23 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Ethereal
As you watch the fighting a truly brilliant idea comes to you, that idea is to charge into the midst of the fighting with no melee weapon to speak of and try to steal the necromancer's staff straight out of his hands! You sprint across the clearing, and get a rather good hold on it only to get a solid kick in the face that sends you sprawling back into the dirt with the staff still in the Necromancer's hands.

Jase Bladeheart
You feel weariness in the back of your mind and your vision blurs for a moment, but you manage to stay standing through sheer force of will as you continue your desperate fight with the necromancer. Rather desperate at this point you reach forward with one hand and grab the necromancer's robe to pull it off, however as you tug you find the robe doesn't move at all as if it is bound to the necromancer's bones.

Clair Gemini
You lash out with your crook aiming for the necromancer, but miss completely and go stumbling off behind him as Lucy charges into the midst behind you with her mallet ready to pound the necromancer's face in. At this rate you doubt very much that your party will come out of this encounter unscathed ...

Lucy Verim
Deciding that your wounds are not that big of a deal you charge out from your place of hiding, and across the clearing to batter the skeleton necromancer back into his grave. Just like all previous attempts your attacks do poorly against the steel-like material of the necromancer's robes turning what would have been truly wounding blows to minor scrapes  as if the attacks themselves were nothing.

Chronus
With the others all fighting the necromancer, or trying to steal his staff and robe from him you decide perhaps that if you could just take that staff from it the fight might become that much easier, that and its nice staff. You take the staff in both hands, and yank it out of the Necromancer's hand while Jase wrestles with him trying to remove the immobile robe from the necromancer's back. Looking at your new staff with a slight smile you decide to test it by smashing it into the skeleton's chest which goes mildly well as you manage to avoid hitting Jase.

Gained the Darkwood Stave

Trevor Abbot
Looking at the combat brawl going on in front of you with a bit of apprehension you shrug, and decide it would be best to keep on attacking anyway even if it might put your allies in harm. Of course just like last time your arrows prove completely harmless against the rather well armored skeletal necromancer though now he seems quite a bit weaker without his staff.

-2 Small Game Arrows.

Skeletal Necromancer
The skeleton stopped laughing the moment Chronus took his staff from him with his laughter soon replaced with a scream of rage as he prepared yet another spell. With a roar the skeleton summoned another shadow spear, punching forward into Jase's stomach the spear digs into his flesh but dissipates before it can pass all the way through.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)

Party-Wide Effects
Essay on Zombie Weaknesses and Advised Combat Methods

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Axeman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Archer (click to show/hide)

-----

GM Note: I have come to the outstanding conclusion that Dermonster is overpowered :|
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:26:49 pm by adwarf »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 7: Dermonster is OP
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »

((Damn, I'm going to be the first casualty unless we get really lucky.))

"Argh, you son of a diseased whore! I may not be long for this world, but I'll see you in hell!" Jase shouted, attempting to drive his spear though opening of the robes over the necromancer's face and through it's skull.

Stab that Necromancer! Re-kill him good!

((Because retreat isn't an option. Unless I find out it is an option, at which point this post may be edited.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2014, 02:31:49 pm »

((Because retreat isn't an option. Unless I find out it is an option, at which point this post may be edited.))
If the Necromancer is dead set on killing you then you wouldn't be able to run fast enough to get out of the clearing in time enough to be out of the range of his shadow spears.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »

Trevor shrugs, slinging his bow onto his back as he dashes over to the necromancer, simply trying to generally get in its way and intercept any attacks aimed at wounded team-mates.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »

Bata swings
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2014, 03:07:46 pm »

Karate kick the Necromancer to make him lose balance.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »

GM Note: I have come to the outstanding conclusion that Dermonster is overpowered :|

[01:58.32] <adwarf> At the moment he has a knife
[01:58.35] <adwarf> And a blank book
[01:59.00] <adwarf> The people in the party have a spear, a mallet, and bows .... WHAT CAN HE DO?

>:D

Use the staff to get the necromancer in a choke hold from behind.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2014, 03:12:58 pm »

Put me up on that waitlist !
Name: Furious Ming
Past Profession: Thug
Trait: Choose one of the following or make up your own.
Ambidextrous - You can wield two weapons (two daggers, dagger and shortsword, etc.) without penalties.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2014, 04:05:54 pm »

[01:58.32] <adwarf> At the moment he has a knife
[01:58.35] <adwarf> And a blank book
[01:59.00] <adwarf> The people in the party have a spear, a mallet, and bows .... WHAT CAN HE DO?

>:D

Use the staff to get the necromancer in a choke hold from behind.

This being Derm, the skeleton will probably regrow a respiratory system just to choke.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2014, 05:53:22 pm »

Aaaaiiim for the faaaace!
Take a closer look at this text!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ethereal
You push yourself up from the ground, and instead of using your bow which has proven very effective so far you decide to kick the necromancer in the hopes of knocking him off balance. Your foot connects with the skeleton's knee, and even through the steel like robe you feel something give way as a sharp crack fills the air, shortly after the skeleton tumbles to the ground defenseless.

Jase Bladeheart
You move to continue the fight, but the stress and pain of the battle catch up to you, and you collapse backward as your vision fades to black and a deep rest begins to consume you. You end up an unconscious heap a short distance from the downed necromancer ...

Clair Gemini
With the Necromancer now vulnerable as he lies on the ground you swing your crook down to bash at his chest resulting in yet another resounding crack as you think you feel a bone give way beneath the blow. With relief you notice the rest of your allies closing in to finish off the enemy.

Lucy Verim
Joining in with the others you swing your mallet at the helpless skeleton repeatedly causing little over all harm, but in the end every little bit counts as you notice the flames in the skeleton's eye sockets begin to weaken.

Chronus
With the Necromancer now on the ground, and unable to retaliate you drop down on top of him and begin to press the staff against what remains of its neck resulting in a crack beginning to form across what you can see of its spinal cord but before it manages to get to any significant amount the necromancer manages to squeeze his hands under the staff and begins to push back.

Trevor Abbot
Seeing your chance you draw two arrows from your quiver, and walk around to where you stand directly above the skeleton's head, putting the two arrows to your string you draw to full strength and give the necromancer smirk. When you release the string the arrows fly true, and pierce straight through the necromancer's eye sockets hitting the back of the skull with such force that the entire thing shatters to bits before you and the flames disappear for good. With the flame's the robe also disappears into the shadows around you but the staff remains solid in the hands of the Scholar Chronus.

The Necromancer of the Darkwood has been Slain! +4 XP to Trevor Abbot, +3 XP to Dermonster, & +2 XP to everyone else.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)

-----

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Look for loot.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Explore the area a little, see if the necromancer left anything behind.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't die antclimactically. Maybe wake up and look for loot if I can.

((I hope I make it back to a healer.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Don't die antclimactically. Maybe wake up and look for loot if I can.

((I hope I make it back to a healer.))
((Dun' worry, after I look for loot I'll have Lucy carry you.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55