Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting dwarfs back in a [s]Genesis[/s] Custom mod  (Read 800 times)

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Getting dwarfs back in a [s]Genesis[/s] Custom mod
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:17:55 pm »

I was trying to add sawmills and muskets from the Hunter's Moon mod pack and some plants and animals from Genesis, into a Civilization Forge mod but every world I've genned so far gives me human instead of dwarves to embark with. I've done nothing to the creature_standard file and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the little bearded loonies dwarfs back except for editing out the changes I just made. I know it's a bit cosmetic, but I'm really fond of playing dwarfs.

Anyone out there have a solution for this?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:42:14 pm by vhappylurker »

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting dwarfs back in a [s]Genesis[/s] Custom mod
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 10:43:37 pm »

Take a look at your entity_default.txt and other entity files. if you have multiple [CIV_CONTROLLABLE].. you cannot tell what race a civ is until you get to the prepare embark screen.

Make sure your dwarf Civ is [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]. Turn off others if you don't want to be bothered with them.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:54 am »

Did a quick check of the entity_default, and the only [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag is set for dwarfs. The humans are have [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]. I also took the precaution of editing out the changes. I'm going to try genning a world without them and see what happens.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31:06 am »

Are there any other entity files? If there are, do the same check on those.

If that's not the case, see if there's a generated errorlog.txt in your root DF folder. You may have a duplicate raw entry.

you cannot tell what race a civ is until you get to the prepare embark screen.

Actually incorrect, as you can judge that by all sorts of means (the most obvious being pressing tab until you see the relations list, and checking which civ is at the top).

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:12:47 am »

After checking up on the things suggested plus shenanigans, I ended up having to replace the raws with the raws from one of my dwarfy forts. That fixed the problem just fine. Really wanted those sawmills, onions, and fruit trees, though...  :'(

Upside, I got a fort starting in year 251 out of the deal.