- 0 (0%)
no
- 0 (0%)
Poll
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 20, 2012, 01:25:07 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [RTD : S.T.A.L.K.E.R][Turn 3:Follow the leadah!!]  (Read 11329 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[RTD : S.T.A.L.K.E.R][Turn 3:Follow the leadah!!]
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

The RTD is coming soon!Players please have patience for the time being!

1.The story
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
An old man lights his pipe and sits down on the bench of the truck you are sitting in. The truck starts moving again creating horrible noise and shaking along the way. Suddenly the old man starts talking while he smokes his tobacco he says:"So... You have come out of those eh.. Vaults or from some other country?
Well... if life was nice from wherever you have come then prepare to get slapped here. Cause out here.. every single living thing wants to rob you,kill you or eat you and let me tell you... The creatures out here aren't the ones you may have been used to, hideous mutated creatures with claws that can tear trough flesh or creatures capable of emitting high pitch sounds which daze you.
But it's like that good man Darwin said: "Survival of the fittest". He gives a feint laugh "I'm no priest or anything but may god bless you and lady luck smile on you, cause you will need both."

2.The rules
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2a.In this RTD, you have two action types; Free Actions and Standard Actions. You can perform as many Free Actions as you like (within reason) and there are no rolls involved; you just succeed (or fail if it's impossible). Free Actions include (but are not limited to) communicating, moving around, picking things up, dropping things and so on.

Standard Actions( Typed in bold) are the meat of RTD; you may perform one Standard Action per turn and they require a roll to see how well you do, the rolls are as follows;

0 - Epic Fail. You're probably dead, and you might have taken someone else with you. Only achievable with a penalty.
1 - big fail. That didn't work, and you just made things worse as well!
2 - Normal Fail. That didn't work, try again and would you try to not kill yourself?
3 - lesser Fail! That didn't work try again.
4 - Comfortable Success. You did what you wanted to and you learned a little bit in the process (+1 skill point).
5 - Great Success. Excellent! Not only did you succeed, but you did even better than you expected to! (+1 skill point)
6 - Incredible Success. You went above and beyond the call of duty and did something truly superhuman. The earth trembles at your approach. (+2 skill points)
7 - Epic Success. The laws of physics hold no power over you! The best possible outcome occurs, and you're loving it. (+2 skill points) Only achievable with a bonus.
8 - Overshot. Whoops, you went a wee bit too far. The result is definitely what you wanted to, but with some unintentional side-effects; like you targeted the enemy cultist and blew up the entire city. (+3 skill points) Only achievable with a big bonus.

Anything below 0 or above 8 is treated as a 0 or 8 respectively.

You can get bonuses from many sources, including magical buffs, skill training (see below), good equipment and random circumstance.

2b.Skills are another part of RTD; Skills can be anything, if you focus on it you can become skilled in opening doors. There's no list of skills and the only way to see if you can learn a skill is to try it.

Skills have 12 levels, each level requires more XP than the previous level.

Dabbling - 1
Novice - 2 (+1 bonus if the die rolls a natural 1)
Competent - 4 (Static +1 to all rolls)
Skilled - 7 (Static +1 to all rolls, successes are improved.)
Adept - 11 (Static +1 to all rolls, extra +1 if the dice rolls a natural 1, successes are improved.)
Talented - 16 (Static +2 to all rolls, successes are improved)
Professional - 22 (Static +2 to all rolls, successes are greatly improved.)
Expert - 29 (You may choose to take a +1, +2 or +3 bonus to your rolls, successes are greatly improved.)
Master - 37 (You may choose to take a +1, +2 or +3 bonus to your rolls, successes are substantially improved.)
High Master - 46 (Static +3 bonus to all rolls, successes are substantially improved. You cannot Overshoot.)
Grand Master - 56 (Static +4 bonus to all rolls, successes are massively improved. You may choose to Overshoot, or not.)
Legendary - 75 (You choose which number you roll from 0 to 8.)

You get bonuses at different skill levels as well. Note that each bonus replaces any previous bonuses.

2c.WEWNDS! Invariably you will meet people who are not very nice and who will try to hurt you, and whom you will try to hurt. You will be engaged in conflict and some of you will be hurt. These are the wound levels;

Lightly Wounded - Don't worry about it. You'll recover with a short rest and take no penalties. Just try not to get hit again.
Moderately Wounded - Ow. You take a -1 penalty to any rolls you make with this body part and may suffer some extra penalties if the part is important (like your brain). You'll heal after you take a fairly long rest.
Broken - Aaah! -2 penalty to any rolls made with this body part. Can only apply to brittle parts (like bones). Worse still, this will not heal by itself; you're going to need medical attention!
Mangled - Damaged beyond recognition. You'll be copping at least a -3 penalty to anything you try and use with this limb, and will probably be suffering a butt-ton of extra effects. Like Broken, this will not heal by itself.
Lopped Off - It's gone! Holy hell it's gone! You can't do anything that requires this part, and if it's an important part (like, say, your head) you are now dead. Worse still this cannot be healed by mundane means, and will require at least an Incredible success to fix!

There are also a number of status effects which may vary from time to time, i'll explain each effect when it turns up.

2d.For Fighting, i first roll to see if you are successful in making your attack, the enemy then gets a roll to see if he dodges, if he doesn't, i make a third roll to see how much damage you do.

Since this RTD will use guns and grenades there will be rarely any dodge rolls, however there will be a accuracy roll to see if you actually hit the target. Most explosive weapons are an exception as they deal AOE damage, the AOE circle will be specified in the weapon tool tip( Which is found in your personal inventory folder) and any other effects of the explosive device.

MINOR NOTE: The rule set may change slightly ( Or entirely) depending on what kind of RTD is chosen.

3.Character Creation

Name: (Quite obvious no explanation)
Age: (Keep within boundaries, of 17 to 62. Earlier ages are forbidden cause they just wont survive and older for the same reason)
Nationality: ( European/African/Asian/Arabic/Etc. and which country they come from. Forbidden countries Australia,South african countries and japan. This is due to the lore which i have in mind and south African countries are simply too far away.
Characteristics: (Noticeable characteristics EG: Big moustache, scars, abnormal eye colors, hair color etc.)
2 Personal items: No big items, pistols allowed, small explosives allowed (grenades and such).
Small bio:(Optional, but helps me with writing up lore and text which your character says based on your characters point of view.)
Survival Motto: (Optional, just for fun. Doesn't have to be serious! But nothing vulgar.)

4.The players and reservation list

Spots and reservation are not open yet!
The places
1. Caellath
2. EveryZig
3. TCM
4. Nights
5. Tiruin

Reservation list
1. free spot
2. Free spot
3. Free spot
4. Free spot
5. Free spot

5.Player Data

Quote from: Caellath
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Quote from: EveryZig

Quote from: TCM

Quote from: Nights

Quote from: KTiruin[spoiler= Player Information
Name: Rylee Javier
Nationality: Filipino (Philippines)
Characteristics: Tall (5'2"), light skinned, long black hair, deep brown eyes, lithe in figure.
2 Personal items: Dual Rattan Sticks ; Pocket Knife
Small bio: Rylee lived and grew up in the urban areas of her land, learning the ways and styles of life through hard-work and a frugal lifestyle, for she and her family were not as 'wealthy' as everyone else. She carries a fondness for books and history, having chosen to learn martial arts that befitted her people through the years and has developed an optimistic and benevolent outlook towards life, despite the problems around her.
Survival Motto: "As long as I breathe, I shall persevere."[/spoiler]

6.Notes

Nothing interesting going on.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:55:49 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD : IN MAKING!][ Choose the rtd type!]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:31:51 pm »

Do slight deviations from a genre count as "other"?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

Do slight deviations from a genre count as "other"?

What exactly do you mean by slight?
Durrr..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:40:48 pm »

Addition of engines and machinery fueled by magic rather than mundane means, for example. It would deviate from "standard" fantasy.

But it wouldn't be exactly "slight" as well, though.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:42:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 01:42:56 pm »

Addition of engines and machinery fueled by magic rather than mundane means, for example. It would deviate from "standard" fantasy.

Yes it's other, i assume you are talking about a kind of steampunk design. But i'l put it in the poll right away.
Durrr..

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 01:46:54 pm »

Post-apockolyptic!

The whole 'gray/brown desert' thing has been overdone in my opinion. I was thinking, what if it took place in a subcontinental/tundra enviornment like Russia?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 01:50:39 pm »

Post-apockolyptic!

The whole 'gray/brown desert' thing has been overdone in my opinion. I was thinking, what if it took place in a subcontinental/tundra enviornment like Russia?

Exactly, that's what i had in mind. Either somewhere in middle europe/Russia or Jungle in china/india
Durrr..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 01:52:55 pm »

I had in mind mostly a medieval-early modern setting almost completely dominated by the might of mages, which would basically use in magical energies in different specialties, such as the classic mage who flings fireballs, another one focused on melee combat with blades made of energy,  yet another filling the "engineer" archetype with magical machines and weapons...

Basically, not steampunk nor common fantasy. I guess I'm voting Other.

Or does it count as "mix"?

What's up Stalker?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:55:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 01:57:30 pm »

I had in mind mostly a medieval-early modern setting almost completely dominated by the might of mages, which would basically use in magical energies in different specialties, such as the classic mage who flings fireballs, another one focused on melee combat with blades made of energy,  yet another filling the "engineer" archetype with magical machines and weapons...

Basically, not steampunk nor common fantasy. I guess I'm voting Other.

Or does it count as "mix"?

What's up Stalker?

It counts as mix.
Durrr..

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 03:06:46 pm »

Well, i want a place in this. Let me think for a bit and i will edit this.

EDIT: I'm voting mix, Magic machinery (magic + steampunk?), something like Caellath said.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:10:48 pm by NightS »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 03:12:59 pm »

I wish I could vote twice, I'd accept going with TCM's idea as well. Since I like STALKER.
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:47 pm »

I wish I could vote twice, I'd accept going with TCM's idea as well. Since I like STALKER.

I thought you were calling me a Stalker.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:26 pm »

I thought you were calling me a Stalker.
No, I meant stalker as in STALKER, from the game.

...Why, are you stalking me?
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 03:33:41 pm »

This is interesting, I'd like to request an IN on this.

Now, on the genre. I'm fine with any type as long as the GM can craft a (well written?) story out of it, or at least keep it's cohesion with our statuses in relation to the larger view. I'm thinking of something that isn't set in stone, like a flexible idea that many can relate to, but also one that is alien to most, where we won't expect danger and thrills.

And probably something that always gives the players goals to accomplish. Something that isn't that complicated to run but complex enough to give a concrete image on the scene.

Let's go with TCM.  :P

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 03:38:20 pm »

Well, I have no problem with a post-apocalypse setting, and less since I have started playing again New Vegas...
I have already voted, but TCM's idea sounds good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6