Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 904189 times)

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #900 on: March 29, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »

I have a free afternoon, I'm going to grab the latest save and get myself acquainted with this fort.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 29, 2011, 03:49:55 pm »

Hi, LLLFTP here (long time lurker first time poster, FYI), and I've enjoyed reading both battlefailed and failcannon so much, I've decided to get in on the action with a dorf request.  name Tryrar the Bloody, any military as profession(axedwarf preferred), and see if you can get one that's always picking fights.

That'd be LTLFTP.

oops:  :-[ that'll teach me to post while sugar deprived
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 29, 2011, 04:02:50 pm »

Hi, LLLFTP here (long time lurker first time poster, FYI), and I've enjoyed reading both battlefailed and failcannon so much, I've decided to get in on the action with a dorf request.  name Tryrar the Bloody, any military as profession(axedwarf preferred), and see if you can get one that's always picking fights.

That'd be LTLFTP.

oops:  :-[ that'll teach me to post while sugar deprived

It's ok, we still love you. I'm sure we can find a suitably glorious spot for you to make your final stand.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:06:44 pm by ignatzami »

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 29, 2011, 08:07:20 pm »

I have a free afternoon, I'm going to grab the latest save and get myself acquainted with this fort.

Ok, so potentially dumb question. There's a graphics pack in the save, how do I remove it?

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:30 pm »

Ok, so potentially dumb question. There's a graphics pack in the save, how do I remove it?

I'm not sure if this will work, 'cause I haven't tried it, but you could try getting the Lazy Newb Pack (I didn't make up the name), putting your downloaded save into the LNP save folder, switching to the graphics tab, selecting your chosen graphics pack or lack of the same, hitting Install, and selecting yes to the saves question. My apologies if this is too technical, but the folder should be easy enough to find if you've ever played LNPless DF and wanted to delete your saves or backup them by hand.

EDIT: If you're wondering why I thought you should get the LNP and use that, it's because manually replacing the raws can cause you a lot of grief. It has certainly done that for me in the past. If you like I could make a step by step tutorial with screenshots, but seriously, that shouldn't be needed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:53:35 pm by malkomk »

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 29, 2011, 11:48:02 pm »

Since when are graphics packs installed into a save? I always thought they were used globally as part of an installation, but didn't influence the saves (and their raws) in any way.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 30, 2011, 07:53:41 am »

Since when are graphics packs installed into a save? I always thought they were used globally as part of an installation, but didn't influence the saves (and their raws) in any way.
Ever since save/raw/graphics happened. It's the same thing that's been screwing up graphics for us all - someone failed at removing a mayday install.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 30, 2011, 10:30:13 am »

Someone should feel extra ashamed then.
I admit I have little right to tell people not to use graphic sets when they're playing their own games, but ruining a succession game save like this is another matter entirely. Try to be a little more considerate next time, whoever you are.

edit: (it probably isn't "ruined" permanently, but fixing it will require either some time and effort or downloading the LNP, both of which are a pain)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:32:05 am by Oglokoog »
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:43 am »

Ever since save/raw/graphics happened. It's the same thing that's been screwing up graphics for us all - someone failed at removing a mayday install.

Thanks, I'll try the Lazy Newb Pack.

I'm used to the default graphics set, but whatever's installed reads like greek to me.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 30, 2011, 11:22:35 am »

It was borked on my turn too, but copying the raws from a previous Aluonra file seemed to work fine.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:03 pm »

Thanks, I'll try the Lazy Newb Pack.

I'm used to the default graphics set, but whatever's installed reads like greek to me.

You might want to consider using this. It's the default tileset, only changed so that the tiles are square. While I love the original look of the game, the non-square-ness of rooms that were, in fact, square confused me so much and getting used to it was so hard that I simply had no choice but to start using the square version.
I guess I'm not that much of a purist after all.

(can you spot the pun?)

malkomk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 30, 2011, 01:05:20 pm »

Well, I believe the saves contain copies of the raws that were used to create them. Note that the graphics are part of the raws. However when you have raws with graphics and a font not meant to go with the graphics I don't know what would happen to them. This does seem to be a mess. I suggest using the LNP to try and fix the raws. I know that graphics are related to savegames in some way because when you tell the LNP to install some graphics it asks you if you want the saves updated to use the new graphics and warns you that saying yes will delete your raws.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 30, 2011, 01:51:21 pm »

Here's a DFFD save with the tiles fixed.  I replaced the save's raw folder and copied over the raws from 31.03 (not sure when the cut-off is, but I tried 31.18 at first and it crashed after unpausing).   The bone blocks and 'oar->cannon' mods are in, hopefully that covers everything.

Also, watch out for moody engraver mrbobbyg screaming for body parts.

Edit:  megaupload may be a faster download.

Edit 2:  Damn it.  It's 'belch->cannon' isn't it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:45:38 pm by SethCreiyd »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 30, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »

Yup.

EDIT: Current overseer just got muted for 3 days. Suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:39:35 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 30, 2011, 08:46:46 pm »

Given the tradition so far, I'd say go to the next overseer in the list. The current one could be bumped to the next available spot, after this interim overseer finishes, rather than bumping him to the end.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 189