Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 649310 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5460 on: April 26, 2024, 04:46:45 pm »

-snip-

You know, there could at least be proper consideration to in-game people belonging to sexless castes. They are referred to with it/its pronouns, instead of they/them. Not that there is anything wrong with it/its pronoun usage, but from a pragmatic standpoint, there should be distinction between a sexless animal and a person.

That is indeed one of the discussions that was brought up in that thread.

Here is the thread actually: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180934.0
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: May 03, 2024, 08:17:57 pm »

Could I make a creature produce booze as milk?

Like, will defining a new material template and just swapping it with milk be enough?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: May 03, 2024, 09:34:57 pm »

Should be, yeah.

There may be odd behavior like only one unit of booze per barrel or not getting transferred from bucket to barrel, however.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: May 04, 2024, 04:56:02 am »

There may be odd behavior like only one unit of booze per barrel or not getting transferred from bucket to barrel, however.

Yeaaaaaaaa... Checks out.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5464 on: May 05, 2024, 03:46:50 pm »

When making vampires with a deity curse how rare is it for it to show up in history??? because I have a secret that passes vampirism and it spreads around like wildfire but the deity curses either aren't working or I don't understand how to get them to work

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: May 05, 2024, 07:01:21 pm »

So, I've been looking at The Long Night's raws to try and reverse engineer it, but how do you get constructed creatures?

Like, I am ditching the pet troglodytes. I want clay golems. How do I make dwarves construct golems?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: May 05, 2024, 07:12:54 pm »

The Long Night doesn't actually have the ability to construct creatures as far as I can tell, but some kind of summoning interaction could work. You would need a way to give said interaction to dwarves though. Preferably temporarily and from the product of a reaction if you don't want infinite clay golems.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: May 06, 2024, 05:02:44 am »

I did it with a "potion" they can eat, or a rock that boils and is inhaled, and require a dwarf bring all the components of the golem-to-be to the workshop for the reaction to produce it. That delivers a syndrome that gives them a CDI for a time, and then they can summon the pet.
I make Spellcrafts!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: May 06, 2024, 03:47:35 pm »

I did it with a "potion" they can eat, or a rock that boils and is inhaled, and require a dwarf bring all the components of the golem-to-be to the workshop for the reaction to produce it. That delivers a syndrome that gives them a CDI for a time, and then they can summon the pet.

I don't want to be a freeloader, but can I have the raws?  I learn these stuff by reverse engineering what I see, and I haven't done interactions before.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: May 06, 2024, 04:08:48 pm »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 06, 2024, 08:02:09 pm »

Specifically, youll need these things:

The syndrome, put on the material of the "potion" creature, in my case a fishable vermin type with only the one material because everyone will eat prepared fish. Can also be used on a rock that boils; basically identical. I gave them 2000 ticks/day x 28 days to use the interaction. Dwarves seem to only use them when they're idling.
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Construct Golem]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:CANNOT_LEARN_MAGIC]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:0:END:2000:DWF_STRETCH:28]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Activate the Golem]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SUMMONED_GOLEM_PERM]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_SELF]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:DEFEND]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEART][CDI:VERBAL]
[CDI:VERB:activate a bronze golem:activates a bronze golem:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:150000]

The interaction the CDI points to;
[INTERACTION:SUMMONED_GOLEM_PERM]
[I_TARGET:A:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:RANDOM_NEARBY_LOCATION:A:1]
[I_EFFECT:SUMMON_UNIT]
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[CREATURE:SP_GOLEM_BRONZE:ANY]
[IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE]

And the reaction to produce the prepared fish-potion. I used a few special reagents + bronze armor and weapons, since my golem is walking bronze armor. If youre going to use clay, you can replace that with clay stones and whatever "special" ingredients you want. You'll also want to put it in a valid workshop, like the crafts shop.
[REACTION:SPELL_CONSTRUCT_GOLEM_BRONZE]
[NAME:Construct Bronze Golem]
[BUILDING:SPELL_ENCHANTING_TABLE:g]
[REAGENT:Aether Salt:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:AETHER_SALT]
[REAGENT:Aether Residue:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:AETHER_RESIDUE]
[REAGENT:Gem:1:GEM:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:Animal Soul:1:REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:Chest:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:Head:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:Legs:1:PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:Feet:2:SHOES:NONE:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:Hands:2:GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:Crossbow:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[REAGENT:Sword:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FISH:NONE:SPELL_POTION_CREATURE:CONSTRUCT_GOLEM]
[SKILL:MECHANICS]
[CATEGORY:EB_SPELL_CONSTRUCT_CREATURES_FORT]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Constructed Creatures]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Assemble parts into functional constructs.]

I also learn best by example, which is why i also "borrowed" these from vanilla raws and other posters. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Verdiumm

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to choose an image.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: May 07, 2024, 04:34:29 am »

When making vampires with a deity curse how rare is it for it to show up in history??? because I have a secret that passes vampirism and it spreads around like wildfire but the deity curses either aren't working or I don't understand how to get them to work

From what i've seen when i was testing the same thing, the game has a limited number of slots for secrets. i think it's like 40-60 or so by default.

It will sometimes select custom ones, but the default ones are more likely, because it generates like 50 of them.

I had some success by reducing the chance of civilisations worshiping the Death and decay spheres and increased the chance of them worshiping the sphere that my secret was tied to [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:(Sphere):0-25600] 256 is the default, according to the wiki. I set mine to like 100, and it seemed to reduce the number of necromancers, and resulted in more of my custom secrets.

In addition, you can tie your secret to multiple spheres IIRC. which obviously means it will occur more.

Edit: Wait, did you mean entity curses? or secrets? because they work differently, but i think it's a similar problem.  it generates 50 odd potential curses, and your 1 secret has a 1/50 chance lol. i'm not sure spheres influence curses.

You might be able to use advanced generation settings to set the number of secrets and curses quite a bit lower, that seemed to increase the number of custom stuff too. i think those settings only affects generated curses/secrets.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 04:39:38 am by Verdiumm »

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: May 07, 2024, 06:58:14 am »

Another way though is to make multiple identical copies of your curse (with different IDs) to increase the odds that it will be the one picked. If you want to totally replace vanilla generated curses with your own, you would have to set the amount of curses in worldgen to none.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5473 on: May 07, 2024, 08:00:36 am »

From what i've seen when i was testing the same thing, the game has a limited number of slots for secrets. i think it's like 40-60 or so by default.

It will sometimes select custom ones, but the default ones are more likely, because it generates like 50 of them.

I had some success by reducing the chance of civilisations worshiping the Death and decay spheres and increased the chance of them worshiping the sphere that my secret was tied to [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:(Sphere):0-25600] 256 is the default, according to the wiki. I set mine to like 100, and it seemed to reduce the number of necromancers, and resulted in more of my custom secrets.

In addition, you can tie your secret to multiple spheres IIRC. which obviously means it will occur more.

Edit: Wait, did you mean entity curses? or secrets? because they work differently, but i think it's a similar problem.  it generates 50 odd potential curses, and your 1 secret has a 1/50 chance lol. i'm not sure spheres influence curses.

You might be able to use advanced generation settings to set the number of secrets and curses quite a bit lower, that seemed to increase the number of custom stuff too. i think those settings only affects generated curses/secrets.
Not secrets, secrets are no problem, talking vampire curses.

Another way though is to make multiple identical copies of your curse (with different IDs) to increase the odds that it will be the one picked. If you want to totally replace vanilla generated curses with your own, you would have to set the amount of curses in worldgen to none.

On world generation settings I put 3 vampire types and 3 necromancer types, I have a lot of vampire curses, about  9 or more, i see my custom secret always in legends, never anything about vampires eating or drinking or being cursed by the gods ??

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: May 07, 2024, 12:33:25 pm »

Set vampire curses to 0 from advanced world gen, then generate a world with a couple hundred years of history and see if your custom vampire curses show up. Custom curses should work unless there's some problem with the interaction.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366