Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You're a communist overseer!  (Read 2653 times)

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You're a communist overseer!
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »

Anglana

To the Overseeer
Welcome to the glorious international empire of Anglana. As you now, we recently crushed the capitalistic pigs overseas in our glorious quest to free workers all over the world. After their crushing defeat, they were forced to cede several important colonies to our great empire!

However, the war was bloody, and capitalistic blood pollutes the soil of our new lands. Only a few humans still dwell there, and most of the infrastructure was destroyed in the war. But do not fear! As always our great leader as a plan.

And that's where you come in. You have been assigned ”overseer” over lands oversees.  It is your goal to repopulate and industrialise the area. You export glorious goods to our capital. And when it is time for us to once again face our enemies, your lands will be the bastion from where our soldiers shall march to glory.
Long live Anglana!
Minister of internal affairs

A lot of pressure hang on your shoulders.  The road ahead of you is long, especially if you want to carve a settlement out of a (very large) battlefield. But before it comes to all of that. There is a few decisions to make. First and foremost, your name and the name of your province.

Secondly, the minister of internal affairs has allocated 50 Anglanan workers to your disposal. However, after the war, Anglana took it’s fair share of captives. The ministry may allocate 100 prisoners of war to your lands, which might be able to improve your initial production, if you manage to keep them in line. Depending on your successes after the first few months and which contacts you have in the right positions, the MOIA (Minister of Internal affairs) might allocate additional resources and population to your land.

The following assets are allocated to every Overseer:
Five militia guards.
Two prefabrication barracks, 25 beds each.
Food for a year.
Basic construction materials, hammers, saws, several logs, concrate etc.

Additionally, you have some friends in important positions. You might call in a political favour;
You could switch your territory with a more promising one, one with less attrition damage and more natural resources.
You could commission a skilled worker. A engineer, Doctor or something along that.
You could commission ten additional militia guards.
Or you could save the favour for the future.

You have a few days before you leave the capital for your new home. Is there anything else you want to do?

Spoiler: Your Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Province (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comments from GM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:14:13 am by Evil Marahadja »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You're a communistic overseer!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:16:10 pm »

PTW

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 03:43:59 pm »

My character: Krig Fassnor
Province: Locale 82. Requisitioning 100 POWs forced labour.
Favour: Spent on 10 extra guards.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:49:20 pm »

This, but the favor should be used to get assigned to the land with more resources. We can conscript our workers into guards, and will get more later, but I don't see us switching to better land after spending several turns building up.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: You're a communist overseer!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 04:00:24 pm »

We? I thought this worked like everyone had their own overseer and province.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »

This, but the favor should be used to get assigned to the land with more resources. We can conscript our workers into guards, and will get more later, but I don't see us switching to better land after spending several turns building up.
+1

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 01:49:15 am »

We? I thought this worked like everyone had their own overseer and province.

Sorry, it's a suggestion game.
Update within 12 ours guys.

Darbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 02:19:48 am »

My character: Nukem, Duke of Lani
Province: Lani.
Holdings: 5 guards, 50 Anglanan workers, 100 POWs, 2 Barracks(25 beds), Food (365 days), various simple construction materials.

Actions:
Favor: Acquiring better land with more resources.
Workers: I want to know each ones talents, then allocate the best and most talented to their jobs. Turn existing guards into captains, then convert 20 of the least skilled current workers into basic guards.
Workers: Existing workers that are neither already allocated or guards set up camp.
POWs: Placate, I will feed and take care of them, and as long as they work well for me, I will make sure they are treated with dignity, if any of them have skills, let me know them and things will work out better for them.
Captains: Once camp is set up, train newbies, I don't want them to be worthless.
POWs: Once things are running smoothly, get them working on better barracks/housing, we don't have enough (If they want to live in something decent, they better get working, we currently only have enough for most of the guards), As well as food for the next year, farming etc. (BTW, what time in the year is it?)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 03:54:57 am »

PTW.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 04:13:45 am »

Since we're part of Anglana, could we be, both province and the people here, become the Anglish?

Krig Fassnor I'll +1, as Nukem, Duke of Lani... a duke sounds way to much like a wealthy land owner, and that's just not very welcome in Communism as a rule (Yeah, we're the boss, but we're the boss for the people, and we don't own anything either, 'technically').

Otherwise,

Holdings: 5 guards, 50 Anglanan workers, 100 POWs, 2 Barracks(25 beds), Food (365 days), various simple construction materials.

Actions:
Workers: I want to know each ones talents, then allocate the best and most talented to their jobs. Turn existing guards into captains, then convert 20 of the least skilled current workers into basic guards.
Workers: Existing workers that are neither already allocated or guards set up camp.
POWs: Placate, I will feed and take care of them, and as long as they work well for me, I will make sure they are treated with dignity, if any of them have skills, let me know them and things will work out better for them.
Captains: Once camp is set up, train newbies, I don't want them to be worthless.
POWs: Once things are running smoothly, get them working on better barracks/housing, we don't have enough (If they want to live in something decent, they better get working, we currently only have enough for most of the guards), As well as food for the next year, farming etc. (BTW, what time in the year is it?)
+1
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Darbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 05:35:45 am »

Since we're part of Anglana, could we be, both province and the people here, become the Anglish?

Krig Fassnor I'll +1, as Nukem, Duke of Lani... a duke sounds way to much like a wealthy land owner, and that's just not very welcome in Communism as a rule (Yeah, we're the boss, but we're the boss for the people, and we don't own anything either, 'technically').

I really just wanted to be Duke Nukem, but I understand...

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 09:28:48 am »

My character: Nukem, Duke of Lani
Province: Lani.

Actions:

You will arrive in April, so you will have some time to plan for the upcoming winter. Remember that you have to decide wither you want to have 100 PoW or 50 Anglanian worker, you can't have both.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 09:46:13 am »

I'd go for the workers. We can get more POW's later.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 12:01:53 pm »

April

After almost a week stuffed inside a small cabin, the grass below you feet feels wonderful as you walk towards one of many trucks which will drive you towards your new home. You and the fellow guards gets a separate truck from the POW, and you take some time studying them. They are younger than you expected, none of them are past 25. But other than that, they lock decent enough, well feed, each armed with a handgun and a baton.
You move your attention elsewhere, to the landscape around you. A shiver goes down along your spine as you imagine the horrors that has taken place on this beach. It took four land attempts before the Anglish people managed create a breach large enough to instigate a proper land invasion, and before that many brave men fell.

After half an hour or so the trucks suddenly stop. "This is your designated area. Good luck Comrade." The driver gives you a sloppy salute. He obviously wants to get going as fast as possible. There is no time to waste, and you quickly exit the truck to take a look at your new estate. You sent a few letters to friends at the MOIA, who managed to switch your designated area with a more...promising one.

The trucks stopped just in-front of two trenches, going all the way from the mountains at the south to the lake west from where. The area seems to be a good defensible position, as the terrain makes it harder (but far from impossible) to flank the trenches. Apart from regular artillerybombings, the area seems to have been spared from the heaviest fighting. The trenches are more or less intact, and you can spot a small bunker on the other side of the trenches, which seems to have suffered only minor damage. With a few repairs it should be as good as new. 

Finally, you take some time to read up on your prisoners. Around 1/3 seems to be capured soldiers. Strong, but with very low morale. 1/3 seems to be captured farmers, to poor to flee when we invaded. The last third is an odd bunch of craftsmen and unemployed men, who stayed behind for various reasons.

How will you plan the upcoming month?

Spoiler: Krig Fassnor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Locale 82 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Relations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your People (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Comments from GM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:17:57 pm by Evil Marahadja »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »

Extra skill: Scientific Management

Our Orders are simple. A few craftsmen are to fix up the bunker, the others will, together with the soldiers, construct temporary lodgings. Make clear that these will be theirs.

Farmers to look for the best position to farm in, gather food, and stuff like that.
Pages: [1] 2