Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Dragonball Z Xenoverse. DBZXV-XYZPDQLMNOP. Bay12 Force, Assemble! *pose*  (Read 54751 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Y'know, I'm kinda sad that you can't swap basic attack movesets around to other character's ones (possibly unlocked via mentor, and obviously a human won't get Piccolo's stretchy-limbs.)

And man, I've gotta say, I'm kind of irritated I chose Saiyan, even though I like being a glass cannon. Freaking SSJ transformations borking everything. I just can't help but see any way of playing that isn't "Charge -> SSJ2 -> Spam Perfect Kamehameha" as suboptimal.
Combined with a full set of Beerus clothing and a Ki Supers stat of 75, of course.

Also NEEEEEECROOOOOO.
Did everyone just give up on this game or something?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:28:24 pm by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Hardly! The grind just gets me down sometimes and I'm not terribly great at the game to begin with :P

I'm glad I started as an Earthling though. Sure, he was all about charging in and punching dudes, but damn was it satisfying to see a lowly human beat down people like Beerus or Broly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

I feel like I'm probably missing out on something by choosing to play purely offline,  whatevs. I like how badass my time patroller looks. :v

Beerus clothing, medium black hair, stern eyes, small female Saiyan. *swoon*
I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

The grind can be a bit of a pain, but oh well. I'm just looking forward to making theme sets. (Beerus skillset, Frieza sillset, etc.)
I just wish I could use their fighting styles. I'm not the biggest fan of his attacks but the way Beerus floats around is awesome.

Can anyone think of a super that's better than Big Bang Attack? I've had it since level 30 ish and can't seem to replace it. >_>
The only attack that does more damage consistently is God of Destruction's Anger (or whichever the one was where you send out purple Ki bolts everywhere bullet hell style.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:18:49 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I personally like Milky Cannon a lot, especially on my character who uses Ginyu's Z-soul. It tracks well, you can set traps with it, you can easily fire it off mid-combo, and it's one of the few supers that do AoE damage. Pretty good damage too, though that character has nearly-maxxed Blast and again uses Ginyu's Z-soul, so take that with a grain of salt.

I also play almost exclusively offline.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

I don't like Ginyu's moves that much. :v

The circle is complete.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can anyone think of a super that's better than Big Bang Attack? I've had it since level 30 ish and can't seem to replace it. >_>
The only attack that does more damage consistently is God of Destruction's Anger (or whichever the one was where you send out purple Ki bolts everywhere bullet hell style.)
The problem with BBA is that it uses up some Ki even if you get interrupted before you launch it or form it. With the Kamehameha variants, you only lose Ki if you successfully fire it. I personally recommend getting x10 Kamehameha. Some people say that base Kamehameha is better because it charges quicker, but they're kinda wrong on that front. They both charge at the same rate, it's just that the x10 has more charge levels so it takes longer to fully charge. If you charge them up for the same amount of time, the x10 will do more damage.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

< - Super Saiyan
< - What using up Ki?

In all seriousness though, I guess that makes sense. I'll try and get x10 and try it out. I got BBKamehameha but its range is tiny and it's a pain in the ass to use.

I'm started using GoD's Wrath more than BBA to chain into basic attacks anyway.
The circle is complete.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

If you haven't tried it before, I've noticed that starting a combo that sends your opponent horizontally away (i.e., female human's light dashing attack), and right after you send them away, slamming Spacebar to warp right where they're heading and continuing to wail on them works well for gaining Ki/doing damage. Works every time, too, once you get it down right, unless you're fighting those ten-bars-of-stamina jerks like Goku and Piccolo.
*shakes fist* DAMN YOU, GOKU AND PICCOLO
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Pfft beam super attacks? Who needs those when you can POSE.

Human poser with huge basic attack and the Kami z soul is hilariously OP.

At level 20 he significantly beat my maxed Namekian for damage.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With that one Pose that gives you Super Armor and a Kaioken (any type works), you have effectively infinite health.
The pose trades Health damage for Stamina damage, the Kaioken gives you infinite Stamina, effectively, until you run out of it. Super Drain works especially well here, to keep your Kaioken from running out.
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just used Kami's Z-soul with its regen and defense while using the "nothing can make you flinch" pose.

PUNCHES FOR EVERYONE FOREVER

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would, in fact, be the Super Armor pose. :P
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would, in fact, be the Super Armor pose. :P
No that's a different one because this one doesn't use stamina.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, right. I'm thinking of Pose F, I believe.
Yours must be Pose K, then.
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup pose K for KILLATION

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29