Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 666353 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 25
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2012, 12:39:24 am »

I would suggest practising with your own vitality so that you can operate that way. Once you gain a measure of acceptance then you may be able to operate from willing sacrifices...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:00 am »

I would suggest practising with your own vitality so that you can operate that way. Once you gain a measure of acceptance then you may be able to operate from willing sacrifices...
We need more control before we even attempt that. we don't want to accidentally kill which is why I put in the vitality healing experiment out there. The more control we have the things we can do, and healing practice is great for control.

EDIT: Damn spelling errors.   

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 22, 2012, 02:09:38 am »

Quote from: lockman766 link=topic=96692[right
[/right].msg3118003#msg3118003 date=1332398040]
We need more control before we even attempt that. [W]e don't want to accidentally kill [someone,] which is why I put in the vitality healing experiment out there. The more control we have the [more] things we can do, and healing practice is great for control.

EDIT: Damn spelling [and grammar] errors.   

Fixed that for ya. :P
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 22, 2012, 02:30:15 am »

Quote from: lockman766 link=topic=96692[right
[/right].msg3118003#msg3118003 date=1332398040]
We need more control before we even attempt that. [W]e don't want to accidentally kill [someone,] which is why I put in the vitality healing experiment out there. The more control we have the [more] things we can do, and healing practice is great for control.

EDIT: Damn spelling [and grammar] errors.   

Fixed that for ya. :P
thanks bro.:)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:02:33 am by lockman766 »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:50 am »

So...are we just discussing stuff while we wait for Monk to update?

Hmm.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 23, 2012, 01:38:23 pm »

So...are we just discussing stuff while we wait for Monk to update?

Hmm.
No we listen, and wait...But I'm not opposed to conversation.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 23, 2012, 02:11:12 pm »

Yawns loudly. I'm outta here, see you next update.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 23, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »

What, exactly, are we doing? I haven't seen many people argue with the idea of going south, so are we all agreed that we should head south after we cross the obstacle that is the Great River, or does someone disagree and want to expand on why (other than what has already been said)?

Speaking of which, do the majority of people still want to cross the river at Larathor? Or has anyone changed their mind/come up with a better idea?

I, personally, still favor going north and trying to find a way to swim/ford the river. That, of course, has the disadvantage of taking longer to go down south into the larger cities, but I don't know if we'd be able to wave down a boat, and hitting another city is probably not a good idea. I've already said my bit on that, though. The only new thing I've thought of regarding that is whether our mother is influential enough to push for our retrieval, and if she's (over)protective enough to try it. (Finding a potentially powerful artifact that could help with the war efforts has to have earned her some brownie points with the Council, even if we were the ones to originally "stumble" across it.) Then again, elves don't seem to have much in the way of organized law enforcement... hm. Something to ponder.

In any case, I'm interested in seeing how the votes going so far, so I'm going to go ahead and tally them up. Feel free to correct me if I miscounted something; I confused myself multiple times here so I probably made several mistakes or misconstrued what you meant. I've also included votes from people who reacted positively to an idea, but didn't actually commit to choosing it over something else, so correct me if I'm wrong to assume on that count. Anyways, here's the votes so far:

Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous, Monk, I just really want to know in what direction we're heading right now. ^^;
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:13:08 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 23, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure those counts are inaccurate. For one, they have several people listed twice.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 23, 2012, 05:38:36 pm »

I listed people twice because each subset of points is separate from the rest. For example, racnor, as far as I could tell, wanted to cross using the rope, just run it instead of trying some sort of distraction, and learn the waterproof spell, thereby crossing during daytime. Those are three separate options that can be utilized at the same time, so I counted all of them separately. The parts that don't have a '-' count how many people want to use that method to get into Thrimesdur as a whole.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 23, 2012, 06:00:32 pm »

Considering that crossing the river and entering Thrimesdur is already a challenge, I have yet to think ahead of what we should really do afterwards. Mostly because I think that getting there will give fresh information and new options anyway. So I just focus on the main priority, which is getting there alive.

And I remain of the opinion that crossing at the heaviest guarded spot is the wrong place to do so. But as you counted, that seems to be the major opinion (even though HOW is still up for debate).

I do agree with the whole waterproofing the stuff, but that is regardless of which route we'll take. We'll probably get wet, no matter if we go north, south or straight on.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 23, 2012, 06:04:05 pm »

Considering that crossing the river and entering Thrimesdur is already a challenge, I have yet to think ahead of what we should really do afterwards. Mostly because I think that getting there will give fresh information and new options anyway. So I just focus on the main priority, which is getting there alive.

And I remain of the opinion that crossing at the heaviest guarded spot is the wrong place to do so. But as you counted, that seems to be the major opinion (even though HOW is still up for debate).

I do agree with the whole waterproofing the stuff, but that is regardless of which route we'll take. We'll probably get wet, no matter if we go north, south or straight on.

In that case, would you like me to change/remove your vote?

I very much agree with everything you just said. However, in games like this, it appears that majority rules, so I suppose we'll just have to deal with it if it turns out that way. :P

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »

Considering that majority wins and I am the only one who even suggested it, it does not really matter right?
But let it stand there for now, might give someone else an idea to think outside of the box. ;)

Besides.. majority rules does not mean that the minority should just shut up. Just pointing out the risk and maybe play a bit of devil's advocate if needed.

In the meantime I'll watch the FUN that is about to ensue while they are going to be chased by a bear and elven rangers, crossing a rope across a big river while they cannot swim and don't want their only source of magical knowledge get wet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »

Hmm. I change my vote for paddle across, and I think we should head south to the big cities, selling mana potions to the wizards.
EDIT: By change I mean remove from Bearstraction and put me for paddle accross.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:04:56 pm by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2012, 06:28:33 pm »

I think we should go north. Considering how hard it is to keep that book dry (my solution is merely a last ditch one)...

The bear thing seems somewhat irrational to me. I mean, these are elves that are probably far smarter than us, and likely have better detection skills than Omo.

The further north we get, the less patrols we will encounter, methinks. We shouldn't follow too close to river, though, for it could hem us in if this turns into a chase.

I hereby change my vote (if I ever voted)
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 155