Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sims 3  (Read 7021 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Sims 3
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:04:29 pm »

Hey, I just watched this developer walkthrough for the Sims 3, it actually looks kinda fun.

Yes, I know it's made by EA. Yes, I know it's the Sims. But hey, I never played number 2 and gave up on number one. I don't have much hope for the Sims series, so it's quite surprising that I chuckled quite a few times during the video. I'm still kinda pissed I can't go postal on every sim though...

Anyway, check it out: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42441.html

Don't kill me, but I think the character customization has more depth than Spore...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:26:23 pm »

I really liked the Sims 2. I made an evil genius guy who literally overpopulated the neighborhood with self-cloning robots :D My sister said I was crazy.

The Sims 2 was not as fun as the trailers said it would be, but it had a lot of features I didn't expect. If Mr. Wright is unbothered by marketing, I expect The Sims 3 to be even better (if not more processor heavy) :)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:27:35 pm »

I am really excited for The Sims 3!!!

In the latest news the originally planned 3 needs became 4 needs and now is back to 6 needs

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:36:14 pm »

Hm, sims 2 was fun for a month or so, while doing crazy evil things was new.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 07:20:13 pm »

Sims 3 looks a lot more interesting - open world rather than having to load between lots, much more freedom to it.

Interestingly, in the first interview with the dev team, they noted Dwarf Fortress as an influence, among a few others.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:27:10 pm »

What the Sim's needs is the opportunity to disembowel people with pants.

In all seriousness, I have high hopes for Sims 3. Looks very deep.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:13:11 pm »

Sims 3 looks a lot more interesting - open world rather than having to load between lots, much more freedom to it.

Interestingly, in the first interview with the dev team, they noted Dwarf Fortress as an influence, among a few others.
Yep, quite a few developers are mentioning DF. It's good people are taking it as inspiration.

Hopefully it will mean less crappy games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 08:14:02 pm »

Yep, quite a few developers are mentioning DF. It's good people are taking it as inspiration.

Hopefully it will mean less crappy games.

Unfortunately it means the opposite

By giving a shout out they are saying: "Hey our game has features like that other game" without actually saying they are there.

Tada

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 08:15:14 pm »

Got a link to that?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »

Speaking of The Sims, my sister is playing The Sims 2 on the only computer that can run Left 4 Dead.

She can't install it on the other computer because she gave it to her friend.

I hate The Sims.
Shoes...

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 06:46:02 am »

I kinda enjoy the Sims 2 a lot since it's a pretty relaxing kind of game. Can't wait for Sims 3 - looking past the expansion mania, it's one of the few games that EA actually manages to deliver properly.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 11:44:49 am »

I kinda enjoy the Sims 2 a lot since it's a pretty relaxing kind of game. Can't wait for Sims 3 - looking past the expansion mania, it's one of the few games that EA actually manages to deliver properly.

You're kidding. Right?

Expansion packs don't count as proper. One or two with a boatload of content make sense. But adding a few features and some new items is barely a proper expansion pack.

They are just milking it for money really. Also idiots can show off that they have all the expansion packs. Not to mention they are usually buggy with each other.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:30:21 pm »

Oh I know, I've not bought a single expansion for Sims 2, thus the 'looking past' comment :p
I'm not that much of a fanatic that I think that spending $100+ on expansions is worth it. The core Sims 2 has been more than enough for me so far.

I don't plan on getting any Sims 3 expansions either so...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 01:22:42 pm »

As I said before one reason The Sims expansions don't look like a lot is because they give you everything at once, while expansions for other games give you little by little so it appears much larger. (Take Starcraft's expansion of Broodwar for example)

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 08:37:40 pm »

As I said before one reason The Sims expansions don't look like a lot is because they give you everything at once, while expansions for other games give you little by little so it appears much larger. (Take Starcraft's expansion of Broodwar for example)

If you only play the campaign.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast
Pages: [1] 2 3