Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Land Between Empires: Honour Between Fiefs  (Read 885 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
A Land Between Empires: Honour Between Fiefs
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:10:53 pm »

"By the Might you possess, and by Ancient Law, you are Crowned. Ruler of these Lands and Arbiter of all within. To you we forfeit our lives and of you, we demand your Loyalty. To breach this contract is to breach the compact of gods and mortals and to invite death. With this understanding, I place this symbol of command upon you and bless your rule."

With that, the priest placed the ducal tiara upon your head, signifying the beginning of your rule. It hadn't been long since your father had fallen ill and passed on his lands to you and only slightly longer since you had even returned to your ancestral lands. In truth, you haven't been home in years. Father had never been a scholarly man himself, but he did recognise the value of a good education. As such, he had sent all of his trueborn children, save his eldest, abroad to study and learn. It had cost him a fortune, but one he clearly believed was worth his treasury.

Of course, he had kept your older sister home as his chosen heir. Unlike the rest of your siblings, she had been brought up in court since she could walk and was the very image of courtly rule and intrigue. It was of course, a great shock to all when she was devoured by migrating dragons during a routine wolf hunt. Indeed, that was why you had come home. That you had been the second-in-line to the duchy was a secret that  few had known, especially since you had three older living siblings. A shame too, your sister's iridescent thorax was quite remarkable to see.

Regardless, it now seems that you are in command of your ancestral domain. As a lord of the Land Between Empires, you have the nominal honour of knowing that eventually, your territories will be conquered by greater powers, if the dark powers of the Land do you not consume you all first. Such is the reason for your people's dour outlooks and much renowned black humour.

Of course, one must first get the basics out of the way.

Name:
Upbringing: Pick one from list below.

Spoiler: Religion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upbringing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:34:45 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: A Land Between Empires: Honour Between Fiefs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:24:59 pm »

Name: Holdin Hammerfist
Religion: Ancestral faith
Upbringing: Recruited by the black army

A nice, honourable fighter.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 02:31:41 pm »

There are 2 g's for upbringing.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 02:36:19 pm »

...Yes?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 02:56:28 pm »

Name: Nalthac Razorback
Religion: Peronism
Upbringing: Attended Szkorien University

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:01 am »

Forgot to add gender. Also, bump.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando