Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 76

Author Topic: Roll To Medium: Awakening [Chapter VI]  (Read 140087 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Medium: Recursion [End Chapter V]
« Reply #945 on: July 24, 2015, 08:56:50 am »

Eh Ah

Approach the woman while examining her. Check if she is responsive to questions, such as:

"Excuse me, ma'am, may I bother you for some information?"

Warren Drake

The world shall burn. I shall sip. And I shall keep walking to my destination, not thinking about anything in particular.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 24, 2015, 11:59:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Author's Note: Nothing much to say. There's a little bit of pickup and some slowdown here or there, but the new chapter should allow me to explain some new things, and maybe introduces some new places or characters. It depends on how things flow.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy the update,
Artemis.
((Love these notes ♥))

Of all the possibilities, Eleri connected the pieces from what she could see. Apparently, the island had its fair share of...lethal fauna. Or it was probably related to whatever got Flynn so uppity.

She picked up the water bottle as a future container, promising herself to clean it out later before re-reading the note, getting it from Flynn and reaching for the pencil in turn, tapping it to check if the graphite still had luster to it.

"Its a faded, crumbly, and yellowing note. But I can read it. This place had occupants. A long time ago and- well. Do you know any animal which has the habit or capability of landing around ten meters in height from an elevated location along with carrying its prey? Just hypothetical musing. Had a lot of time to think about silly things. Unsure if its an animal, but this note did depict such."

Eleri did not want to add confirmation to such musings--just enough to acknowledge the past. She noted Flynn's sight issues and decided to get on with the idea.

"The animal in this note seems to have been the same one which...took away the owner of the knife. Said owner writes of a stash for who I guess is a younger family member. His child or so. 'The box is hidden in the compartment in the wall. You know which one.'"

She promised to both look for the compartment, and if ever it was left unrecovered, would add onto the note. She assumed that it had been far too long a time since the recipient in question would return to this place, judging by its...derelict state.

"Anyway, Flynn, I'll be checking the surroundings for a road so we can easily get our bearings in the morning. There's a chair you could use. I think this second floor will be a nice place to rest, given the fireplace and other uses. I'll be back soon. You take care."

Eleri's thoughts drifted to hope the safety of the family, as well as all others she had thought about and remembered  in the days prior. As well as all others.

Venture out to do so! Refill water, check for landmark...but first check the area where the animal supposedly landed...and its surrounding trail, if any.
Clutch orb, say prayer over the man and his family.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 24, 2015, 04:32:56 pm »

jack weasly carefully opens the door and slowly tiptoes to the end of the blue corridor.he then proceed to peek around the corner looking for any members of the staff he then verry sofly knocks on olias's door to begin thier dashing escape.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 25, 2015, 08:03:11 am »

"We don't know."

"Not sure what you mean by 'what they have to do with us'."

"It seems to be a form of possession, I don't know the details."

"Nothing effective was found, though having a strong-willed person challenge them and force them to possess that person instead of their intended target could work, it was very risky and could easily end badly for the challenger - 50/50 success odds even in good conditions. In the end they weren't stopped at all, instead someone broke the timeline... probably. I've been having trouble getting answers about how exactly that happened, but the impression I've been getting is that shadows overran the place."

"I would like that."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 25, 2015, 11:44:13 am »

((I'll call the golem a Drone Class in honor of the ants which inspired it.))

Intruders! Amass my golem army, then climb atop my protector golem, and move the entire army towards the voices. Do not attack. It would be best to negotiate first.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 25, 2015, 02:12:35 pm »

((But they don't have wings. Or reproduce, either. You've done the drones of the world a disservice, good sir.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 25, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »

((But they don't have wings. Or reproduce, either. You've done the drones of the world a disservice, good sir.))

((Well, worker and soldier golems class were both taken. Hrmph >:C I should have thought of this earlier.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 29, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

"I - " Cecil closes his eyes a second, and sighs while pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm sorry. I'm - er - new around here. I don't... I'm broke and homeless and the only thing I can possibly share with you is the story of how I got here."

He looks around a second,then back at the painter, whose work he has ruined.

"Back... Back from Aecrocia," the pause hesitant in his voice as he states where he's from, "I was a radio announcer and conversationalist... One of the more popular ones, too. I had plenty of listeners tune in every day. I may not be able to fix your painting for you, or even pay for it, but please let me try and make the pain of a ruined masterpiece a little softer."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 01, 2015, 04:58:19 am »

Boy, have I been busy.
I'll try to get as much dialogue done as quickly as possibly so I can prepare the next chapter and, hopefully, get the Compendium completely up to date with the latest characters, places, and events.
And then we move on to the Sixth Chapter.
I will try not to spoil too much, but I hope that everyone has at least a very basic grasp of the main factions involved and some of the more notable characters. If not, I may be able to elaborate more, and please do let me know if I'm skimping out on information. That said, now I will be able to usher in some new (teeeeechnically old, in a way) concepts, places, and characters. That all comes with some very important and key things in the next chapter.

Also, as always, I will try my best to deliver turns quickly, so as to make sure the story doesn't drag. Though, considering my track record, well.. I'm hoping for the best.
Take care and look forward to the next Chapter,
Artemis.

"We don't know."

"Not sure what you mean by 'what they have to do with us'."

"It seems to be a form of possession, I don't know the details."

"Nothing effective was found, though having a strong-willed person challenge them and force them to possess that person instead of their intended target could work, it was very risky and could easily end badly for the challenger - 50/50 success odds even in good conditions. In the end they weren't stopped at all, instead someone broke the timeline... probably. I've been having trouble getting answers about how exactly that happened, but the impression I've been getting is that shadows overran the place."

"I would like that."
Lirian
To your confusion at one of his questions, he replies: "Apologies for my wording. What I was asking was: If it is known, what are their intentions from being here and harassing the population? Or, are they a side effect of something else?" He waits until you finish speaking out the rest of your answers. He shows a little bit of surprise to your explanation of what happened the first time around, though he still listens until the end.

After you finish, he exhales through his nose as his eyes move around the room, apparently wandering as he thinks quietly. "I see. It seems like there's no clear answer for what is transpiring. I'm not sure what the nature of your source is, but I have to trust you. We've no other information about this. If you, or your source, can secure more hard evidence about this - some photos, physical items, recordings - perhaps we can gain the attention of local powers, if needed. I would like to receive support in documenting or, just maybe, discovering an easier and more reliable way to get rid of these creatures. Until then, your help is more than appreciated.

"If you have anything else that you know, please tell me. If nothing else, I'll see when I can get in contact with Dimikaelo and arrange something. Will you be staying here for long? If not, is there some way I can contact you or know where you're staying?"

"I - " Cecil closes his eyes a second, and sighs while pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm sorry. I'm - er - new around here. I don't... I'm broke and homeless and the only thing I can possibly share with you is the story of how I got here."

He looks around a second,then back at the painter, whose work he has ruined.

"Back... Back from Aecrocia," the pause hesitant in his voice as he states where he's from, "I was a radio announcer and conversationalist... One of the more popular ones, too. I had plenty of listeners tune in every day. I may not be able to fix your painting for you, or even pay for it, but please let me try and make the pain of a ruined masterpiece a little softer."
Cecil G. Palmer
She stands back up and listens to you with her arms crossed; all the while, she glares at you. "Broke and homeless, eh? Tough luck, though -" she looks you up and down, noticing the fairly decent state of your clothes considering all the trouble you have been through "- you must either be a fresh hobo or extremely lucky to be so well-looking like that." You tell her about where you came from and your occupation, hoping that you could at least introduce yourself a bit before she gets impatient with you.

"Aecrocia? Never heard of it." You proceed to tell her about your career. "Okay.. well, what does that have to do with my painting?" It would seem that she is becoming impatient after all. You go for a reach and offer her some sort of reconciliation. She softens up just a tiny bit, but it's an improvement nonetheless. She waves her hands in front of her in an expectant motion. "Alrighty then.. what do you mean?"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 01, 2015, 05:13:48 pm »

Cecil, noticing the slight change in her posture and tone of voice, smiles honestly and motions to the nearest empty table. "Oh, I'm sorry, before I forget myself, my name is Cecil, Cecil Palmer."

As he sits down, he waits for the artist to join him before starting, "Well, like I said, I am from what we call Aecrocia. We're across the sea some way, and we border another kingdom called Magis. My father was a powerful man in our nation, and as power is wont to do, he set me up to marry the neighboring kingdom's daughter, Diane, in an effort to help bring our nations together.
     "He was never... The best father, but I know he cared. I mean, he got me off the island,"
he rambles very briefly, before smiling and shaking his head,
"Anyway. The day he told me this, I had just finished my morning announcements. He came into the room to greet me and tell me the 'good news', that I was to be wed to someone I never met. I was shocked, but of course I had to thank him; he was looking out for our nation." Cecil pauses a moment, taking in a deep breath.
"And then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. And the next thing I knew, we were under attack from artillery fire. My father started off immediately, telling me to meet him by the docks. The second salvo landed dangerously close to the building I was in, and threw me down a flight of stairs. I'm sure I twisted my ankle then." He pauses a second, rolling his ankles under the table. I'm sure they don't hurt any more. How long has it..?

"Anyway, the shelling continues as I run through the street to the harbour for evacuation, pieces of buildings raining down on me. I make to to the docks, and there's my bride-to-be, Diana Crown, standing there waiting for me. Funny enough, my first impression of her was, 'I'm glad she looks like she can carry her own weight', considering we were about to board a small ship to what we thought was nowhere."

"And, just before boarding as the soldiers told us to, my father rolls up in an automobile to say goodbye. I was able to hug him one last time before he took off. I'm.. Not sure if I managed to tell him I loved him one last time."

The story continues through, Cecil going against his ways and embellishing little, as he felt the story sounded embellished enough as it is.

And when it comes to the events of the previous night, he spares no thought in speaking of the most minor detail.

"And I suppose... That catches us up to now, where I wasn't paying a lick of attention when I walked past your cart and bumped into you. I know it's hard to believe everything I have told you as truth, so I hope you at least found it a good story."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 02, 2015, 07:03:38 am »

You invite her to sit down with you to listen to your story. At first, she moves nearer to the table, but she stops short and says, "Thank you, but I'd prefer to stand." She remains with her arms crossed as you take a seat, still tired from your walk about. Finally, you explain in moderate detail how you arrived here and, more specifically, why you are here in the first place. Even though some of the more recent events have screwed with your head, you're still able to remember all of what happened in the past week, or maybe even the week before that. To that end, you're still not sure about how much time has passed exactly. That information can be found out later, however.

After you finish explaining everything, you look to her for her reaction. She still has a hardened look in her eyes and her arms have remained crossed for your entire story. She hasn't budged an inch. Thinking that you've failed to capture her mercy, you start to get up and attempt to apologize. However, she puts one hand up in a "stop" motion and closes her eyes. You sit there, waiting for her to respond now. You are surprised when she actually moves, drawing her hand back. You are even more surprised when she uses that to slap you across the face, hard. You fall back in your chair not from any sort of physical force but from your own disbelief. You recoil back, instinctively putting a hand near your face to assure yourself that it was indeed real. That's when you see her moving next to you and extending a hand for help - at least, what you hope is for help.

"Get up." You accept her help and have her pull you up. As you are being pulled up, you absentmindedly remember your ankle injury from before. It seems to have dulled out to the point of practically not being there anymore, so you're able to stop worrying about that. It does beg the question of how long you've truly been here, however. On the other hand, it could have been a very minor injury. Getting back on topic, you start to ask her what that was for, but she answers it for you. "Since you don't have money, that was your payment." You're still confused over what she means by that, but you're at least a little happy that she won't hound you for it anymore. "Now then, you seem to be in a bit of a pickle. From what I heard, you're broke and far away from home, yes?" You nod to affirm what she said. "So, you need help? Because if so, and if your father is as half as important as you talked him up to be, well." She taps her chin and thinks. Finally, she looks to you and adopts a less hostile stance, though she still seems to carry a tinge of annoyance in her expression.

"What can I help you with then? You need a bit of money, transportation, something?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:05:16 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 05, 2015, 03:58:21 pm »

I smile and make two small nods.
"If you'll still have me, I'd like to continue to stay here. I shifted away last night because I felt there are too many secrets here to sleep safely and wanted a place to hide, but it proved to be a pointless effort. Artemis was somehow able to track me back to my shelter."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 05, 2015, 04:10:30 pm »

How far behind would I be as of now? Decided to quit other rp sites and stick to here. And have another game running in giant of the playground
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 05, 2015, 04:56:11 pm »

((Well, I've gotten nowhere the entire time, so you'd probably be fine.))
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 05, 2015, 07:15:04 pm »

How far behind would I be as of now? Decided to quit other rp sites and stick to here. And have another game running in giant of the playground
((This game doesn't run as fast as others. You'd probably have made it to the university by now, and perhaps already demonstrated the Grid to Reyna. After that, I'd have to inform you what goes on.

There's still some dialogue you could complete from last time, which wouldn't really affect anything in terms of gameplay, but might expose you to a bit more of the history of the world. Which may matter to you or not. Who knows? I don't.))

((Well, I've gotten nowhere the entire time, so you'd probably be fine.))
((Well, teleported to another location in the world, yes. But other than that, yeah, you've been stuck in the same town for now, mostly because of time dilation due to where you are when compared to other players.
But it's not all for naught, trust me.))

I'll do a reply for dialogue soon.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 76