Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: Sigtext  (Read 962359 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Sigtext
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »

ROCKS STILL FELL AND YOU STILL DIED DAMMIT
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2014, 11:07:06 pm »

But then I wouldn't be posting would I? Unless corpses have built in Wi-Fi now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2014, 11:07:38 pm »

I think you're forgetting the power of the DM.

Old.  Man.  Henderson.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »

Don't use your logic against me!
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2014, 11:10:00 pm »

Ok then I will use my penis against you!

Probably shoulda just went with the logic honestly...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2014, 11:15:12 pm »

Lojeek?  What is this word you speak of?  Is...is it some type of food?  A weapon that I can bash over the heads of my enemies?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2014, 11:29:27 pm »

Oh, OK. Rebooting from backup from psion save-crystal trick, then :P
Epic levels are fun *trollface*

I think you're forgetting the power of the DM.

Old.  Man.  Henderson.
GREAT story, by the way, and I recommend trying to take a similar route of "if you can't beat them with logic, beat them soundly" with any player or GM who insists that "this class can't be played this way" or "You have to do that to keep with your character". Heck. I once posted advice to someone who's fellow player was saying that "Rogues have to be thieves and brigands, brigands and thieves have to be rogues" where I recommended populating a monastery with defending Rogues instead of Monks, but flavor them as devout priests who happen to be good at surrounding anyone who tries to rob the monastery; the post somehow managed to net me a High Priest of Flabort. Basically, I told him replace paladins with rogues, monks with something else, and yada yada someone was so impressed with the way I worded it that they ascended me to position of God.
Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Point is, if you have a player or GM who is a stick-in-the-mud who logic won't budge, and won't be persuaded by cheese because it's cheese, then make them wrong by putting them in a situation where they are always wrong. Which Old Man Henderson is the embodiment of, and the devout being rogues is an extension of.

Lojeek?  What is this word you speak of?  Is...is it some type of food?  A weapon that I can bash over the heads of my enemies?
A tool used by the powerful lords, who feud and quarrel to no end. They cannot be touched by the swords of mindless repetition of an opinion, for they are protected by the powerful castle walls that they build using the tools of logic. They cannot be felled by the logic of others, for they are too stubborn and steadfast themselves to believe it.
But there is another tool, used by the sly and underhanded, to sneak under the walls built by Logic and disarm the powerful lords of Logic itself: And it's name is Henderson.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2014, 11:43:05 pm »

Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Point is, if you have a player or GM who is a stick-in-the-mud who logic won't budge, and won't be persuaded by cheese because it's cheese, then make them wrong by putting them in a situation where they are always wrong. Which Old Man Henderson is the embodiment of, and the devout being rogues is an extension of.

Henderson has pull in terms of weight, but That Guy Destroys All Psions had a rating of >2 on the Henderson Scale of Plot Derailment in the very first session.  I especially enjoy how the elf basically was dwarven by having grown eyebrows down to his belt in order to act as a beard, since elves in the setting couldn't have beards.  Chaos begins around "The Second PK Attempt", and the rest is utterly spectacular.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2014, 11:54:22 pm »

Henderson has pull in terms of weight, but That Guy Destroys All Psions had a rating of >2 on the Henderson Scale of Plot Derailment in the very first session.  I especially enjoy how the elf basically was dwarven by having grown eyebrows down to his belt in order to act as a beard, since elves in the setting couldn't have beards.  Chaos begins around "The Second PK Attempt", and the rest is utterly spectacular.
That was beautiful.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 03, 2014, 12:04:13 am »

I kinda want to build a character like that and smash a campaign, but I also like my membership on the forum.

Oh, and InsanityrocksfallIncarnateeveryonedies, you forgot that I have like 5 or 6 d20 campaigns and might as well be the god of [lazy] GMS.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #565 on: September 03, 2014, 12:15:28 am »

That's... true. A more effective tactic (on forums, at least) would be to just stop updating until everyone forgets about it.

InsanityrocksfallIncarnateeveryonedies

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 27, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »

Quote from: Loud Whispers
Call in the Queen. The Queen knows what to do.
BRITISHORYUKEN
Quote from: Descan
PUFFERFISH I WILL LOVE YOU VERY TENDERLY AND COOK YOU DINNER, YOU SACK OF SHIT

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #567 on: October 11, 2014, 07:10:56 am »

"You're doing that wrong."
'OK FINE, WHY DON'T YOU DO IT?'
"I'm a dog."

Let me say then, on this head; never think ill and meanly of hard work. 'In all labour there is profit.' A position in which no work is needful, and boundless opportunities of self-pleasing about, may seem to you a very enviable, but it is certainly a very dangerous one. Some have to work with their hands, and some with their heads. The man who does not work at all, and cares not to make work for himself by seizing opportunities of doing good, runs a fearful risk of being condemned at last as having hid his talents in a napkin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:20:53 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 24, 2014, 09:51:15 pm »

This has gone from being about killing a dragon on a tower to having hitmen sent after you by inkeepers. Good job, guys.

Quote from: mastahcheese link=topic=127328.msg4329272#msg4329272
I started with a simple premise, a small scale battle between two colors.

Now I have a battle between starships, dragons, and gods, some fighting for creation, and some fighting for destruction.

How did this happen in the course of just two days?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:09:50 pm by masked_krusader »
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 09, 2014, 04:50:18 am »

What in the sweet fuck is Old Man Henderson?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48