Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire Kill Counts  (Read 1145 times)

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire Kill Counts
« on: February 15, 2012, 06:16:11 pm »

I asked a hammerman about serving his cause. He told me to kill Sattha Lanceamuse the vampire. This bloodsucking fiend has killed five thousand nine hundred twenty-five in his lust for murder!

Holy Crap! thats a lotta kills...

Anyone else find a vamp with a rediculious kill count?
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Kill Counts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:17:12 pm »

Vampires are bugged to kill millions of people. They will have a ton of trophys on.

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »

Vampires beasts constantly hunt during Worldgen. When they start being suspected, they can move and get a job in a different place, continuing to hunt. In this way, they rack up huge kill counts and are rarely slain. Megabeasts only sometimes rampage or get confronted during Worldgen, plus they can't hide, which is why their kill count is much lower.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:41:20 pm »

"Tired of a soapmaker's life and want to try something more exciting, like adventuring? No problem, lad, but before we assign you to a duty of importance, like guarding our wool warehouse, or caravan duty, you must prove yourself on something easier, just to test your mettle. Okay, what have we here for you... oh, this one. Go to the forest north of here and kill Ogdun the Vampire. He is thousand year old, and have killed thousands of people. Here is my old rusty ax, and you can borrow that pigtail armor. Here, Igor the Dumb Shepherd will accompany you, just in case. And lad - take my advice, try to surprise him during the day when he sleeps. Because when he's awake, he will smell you from fifty yards. And once he smells you, he will tear you apart... well, of ya go."
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:52 pm »

I sometimes wonder if the reason most of our adventures end so brutally is because the townsfolk are sick of all these vagrants passing through asking for work, so send them off to stuff they know is far about their head.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.