Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No update this week. :/  (Read 1260 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
No update this week. :/
« on: October 28, 2016, 07:52:44 pm »

I was working on this and released it yesterday: Map tileset, a tileset that is exclusively for world-maps. Hopefully mifki adds a functionality to TWBT that allows automatic changing when looking at maps.

Either way, today I wanted to release the playable elf-mode written by Teneb. He send me his files a few days ago, I had a look over the raws, looked ok, I merged the mods and started a test-fort today, to see how it works and write a small manual for it.

Sadly, the amount of content was somewhat lower than expected and almost everything was bugged beyond repair. It would be less work to remake it, than to fix every issues I found. He never tested anything he wrote ingame. Suffice to say, that I'm not in the best mood right now.

On a completely unrelated note: I'll write elf mode myself.

*Meph grumpily hurries back to photoshop and stares at pixels.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No update this week. :/
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:58:39 pm »

It's okay Meph. I hope that world map functionality gets added too, it sounds fantastic.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 09:27:16 pm »

That's fine!  Waiting another week for content isn't really bothersome.
I would much matter you implement complete content than throw in a whole bunch of stuff that leads to crashes every five minutes.

Speaking of broken stuff...
Seeing as your tile-set is now the flagship of Masterwork, are there plans to fix some of the more glaring issues soon?
I'm sure plenty of people would love to bug test and help you complete it!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 05:14:04 am »

Seeing as your tile-set is now the flagship of Masterwork, are there plans to fix some of the more glaring issues soon?
Sure. People are reporting some issues with it, but sadly not detailed enough. Without screenshots and detailed description, its hard. I do have about 10 things I can fix, mostly related to transparency and brightness.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 06:09:35 am »

just a small question Meph.What will the next weeks update will include?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 06:12:30 am »

Mostly bugfixes, both for mod content and graphic pack. I've been gathering reports the last weeks, but was focused on the tileset(s).

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 06:50:30 am »

that's good to hear.Bug fixes are always nice

P.S.: Love your mod

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 12:38:04 pm »

Sure. People are reporting some issues with it, but sadly not detailed enough. Without screenshots and detailed description, its hard. I do have about 10 things I can fix, mostly related to transparency and brightness.

Is there anything specifically you need screenshots of?  I don't mind taking half an hour out of my night to hunt down this stuff if it means I can use the awesome sprite-work of your tileset.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 05:28:00 pm »

Anything that looks off. For example one person reported that the sneaking-indicator (?) in adv-mode looks strange. I've never played adv-mode, I didnt even know about a sneaking-indicator and dont know what tile it uses. Therefore I can't fix it.

Just find something that looks strange, make a picture, tell me which part is the strange part... then I can fix it.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:27 am »

On a completely unrelated note: I'll write elf mode myself.
;D
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 03:47:30 pm »

'Tis fine. Ya puar sod.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.