Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Newest Developments  (Read 1483 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: The Newest Developments
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 01:10:00 pm »

Did you look inside the apartments?  I think they all hang out indoors right now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 08:12:00 pm »

I thought you'd just taken them out. I havn't been able to find any either. I gave up on it.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 11:28:00 pm »

I had noticed the same thing, after rumaging through peoples apartments, I just gave up. I stumbled across my first elf town and asked for the capitol. It was there where I found my first companion. An elven Elite bowman. The nearby cave was our first destination. Two floors in I noticed the combat text telling me he was going melee with various creatures. By the time I could get to him he was mauled by a giant bat, poor guy.

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 01:33:00 am »

Regrettably, I've found no recruitables, not even drunks... But I never recruit people anyway. I've always been the lone hero kind of guy. I was pleased as punch however, to find a sleeping guard IN a chair IN the tavern! Coincidence? I think not! Also, I'm proud to say that my good hero, a human hailing from the proud warrior nation of Dur Cok wears a long skirt, loincloth, leggings, cap, helm, gauntlets and gloves. He hails from the frosty north, and he isn't worried about his sexuality damn it!

UPDATE: Oh, hrm. Update on that note, evidently when I created a character to avenge my sexually comfortable barbarian, she wandered over to the cave, ran into a bastard of a kobold bowman, and promptly turned tail back to town. First person I come across is a maceman. I guess the NPCs accrue with time, if I am making an accurate guess from my situation and the other guy's.

UPDATE:Y'know, I'm just gonna keep updating this thing. Fortunately(?) the guards noticed that I had stolen two of their finer swords, and lay on me with arrows. Beating a hasty retreat, I visited the nearest Kobold receptacle to test my latest acquisition. However, whilst mangling one of the kobolds, I noticed my skill wasn't going up with swords. Is this an error, or was it because I had knocked him over and all but killed him before I bothered checking to see if my skill would rise?

Update: Well, the avenger died...A tragedy, but it had a wonderfully poetic end, surrounded by the dead and dying kobolds, first she drifted off to sleep, then bled to death. When I checked her name after she was corpsified, she had the title "the Peaceful Simplicity of Dying." Anyway, over the course of my travels, materials stayed consistent, and modes of dress changed for temperature too, no crashes, which is very boss.

[ October 22, 2006: Message edited by: Nobody ]

A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 02:13:00 am »

Well I just downloaded the update and started a new character, noticed all the new eq slots for clothing. Are there any benefits to this new gear or is all for looks? I think that no matter what ill scavenge all the ruins I can find to buy all the best exceptional clothing and armor I can find.

Also, I heard weapons only go up after a successful parry. This might not be all that true because I saw them go up after I attacked a noticibly tougher creature than me.

Pages: 1 [2]