Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Make Trade similar to Melt or Dump  (Read 627 times)

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Make Trade similar to Melt or Dump
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:16 pm »

I am very pleased with the (d)esignate (b)uilding/item proper followed by the (m)elt and (d)ump commands. It has made my dwarf fortress experience ever so nice, which got me to do some dangerous thinking...

Why not have an option to designate items for (t)rade? Have it so whenever there is a caravan handy the dwarves will gather the items designated for trade and bring them to the depot. If items are then not offered or traded have it so when the caravan leaves the dwarves will return them to their respective stockpiles and the items will wait for the next caravan keeping their trade designation. What do you all think?

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Make Trade similar to Melt or Dump
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:36:15 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Re: Make Trade similar to Melt or Dump
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:50:53 am »

I tried searching for "trade melt dump" thinking that would bring it up.. but it didn't so I created this one. Any mods out there feel free to delete this thread for redundancy.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.