Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [39e] Has Toady made guards & nobles less useless?  (Read 3867 times)

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
Re: [39e] Has Toady made guards & nobles less useless?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 08:04:42 pm »

Dwarf Fortress; you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll slaughter shit.
"Who's John Galt?"

CrazyEyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 08:41:34 pm »

But mostly the slaughtering.
I'm glad all the DF players are not living in one district. It'd be the most dangerous district for the whole world.
Actually, it'd be the most dangerous district in hundreds of thousands of worlds, starting with 'Xah Rabin' The Dimension of Omen. 

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 09:44:16 pm »

though sometimes, it's "to get slaughtered".  still, that could provide some morbid kind of fun :)

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 09:57:05 pm »

though sometimes, it's "to get slaughtered".  still, that could provide some morbid kind of fun :)
I'd rather get hammered.
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

CrazyEyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »

One and the same. :P

JUSTIIIIICEEEEE
I'm glad all the DF players are not living in one district. It'd be the most dangerous district for the whole world.
Actually, it'd be the most dangerous district in hundreds of thousands of worlds, starting with 'Xah Rabin' The Dimension of Omen. 

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 11:40:18 pm »

Quite a bit off topic but every time I see your name Jackrabbit, I am reminded of the good times playing jazz jackrabbit for hours on end in my childhood. Such a good game that I had forgotten about until you came a long.

Sorry about that topic derail   :P
It nice that i caused nostalgia. and possibly opened up old wounds.
oh and NZ dwarf? Yay! Kiwis of the world unite! were do you live? i am in Australia so any news would be welcome

No news to speak of in New Zealand, other than some political bullcrap. Something about Winston Peters being an arsehole and that John Key might sell kiwibank if elected. ATM I live in hastings but I will soon be moving up to Auckland.

MercDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • Royal Hammerer, Smasher of Stupid Nobles,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 04:21:39 am »

From Soul:" I'd rather get hammered. " The Hammerer can arange a Personal Session With you right after he Mauls my Chesse Maker for not making a Adamantine Statue.
The Cake...is...a...LIE!!!
The Worlds Best Trap includes a single left footed -Pig Tail- sock.
Madness? This isn't Madness...This is DWARF FORTRESS.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 04:50:32 am »

Actually mostly the laughing.  :D
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 08:49:33 am »

From Soul:
...pardon?

Hammerer can arange a Personal Session With you right after he Mauls my Chesse Maker for not making a Adamantine Statue.
In that case, can I reschedule for an appointment to get smashed with the legendary brewer?
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Weev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 02:10:44 pm »

Ha, first post for me.  I've noticed this too.  My guardsdwarves have been acting uncommonly valorous as of late.
      My experience with Fortresses have mostly been with holes in the ground, with a small tower squatting on top of the entrance, giving plenty of battlement space for marksdwarves, however, in my most recent fortress, I decided to go with the classic mountain side approach, and while I do have battlements as normal, I lack most of the metals I find by digging straight down, leading to my 14 dwarf squad of wrestlers.  When my first siege came, I ordered everyone in, and sent my squad out.  Needlessly to say, going against around twenty spear gobs was a bit foolish.  After the small fight, my company was wiped out, and my greedy civy's started to pour out, to get their hands on the fallen equipment.  However, along with the population coming out of the fortress, my guardsdwarves set out with them. One of them, a legendary record-keeper (retired), reacted quickly when the gobs tried to pick on those civilians that got to the carnage first.  I think the first pike gob she punched flew about 20 yards.  I was impressed, and the gobs lost heart in their siege, running for the hills with three or four angry guards after them.  Only four gobs made it to the map edge.  ;D
Oddly enough I find it weird that Dwarves currently cannot attain godhood.
Pages: 1 [2]