Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The reality of Goblins?  (Read 1851 times)

Gamerofthegame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The reality of Goblins?
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:24:31 pm »

Right, as my oddly well off adventurer, wielder of six shields, etc etc, goes about traveling, I notice a Goblin tower on the map. A pink one at that. So I decide to go raid it, blah blah inhabbitants are friendly hack at them etc etc.

Though, I noticed something.

There didn't seem to be any goblins. They were all humans of a verity of professions.

Does this mean the Gobbies are wiped out or something? Or are they all spies?  :P

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The reality of Goblins?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:30:37 pm »

Goblins are great baby thieves but are scared of sex (They do sometimes live with demons)...also don't those six shields slow your speed like mad?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:37 pm »

also don't those six shields slow your speed like mad?

Not if Armor User is high enough.

Or maybe it was Shield User. Probably that one.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Jefepato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:09:36 pm »

I found a goblin fortress with a mix of goblins and humans.  A goblin ranger, when asked about his profession, said he had been "liberating children" for a year.

This really puts a whole new face on the goblin snatchers.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:41:35 pm »

I've found towers completely populated by humans, elves, dwarves, or a mix. As in no goblins.

The maximum population cap stops goblins them from breeding faster than babies can be snatched.

Sometimes it'll result in basically an evil human/dwarf/elf civilization, especially if the demon dies in worldgen. It's pretty interesting really.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 03:36:54 am »

I found a goblin fortress with a mix of goblins and humans.  A goblin ranger, when asked about his profession, said he had been "liberating children" for a year.

Hmmm..... hippy elvish goblins a new twist in the tale.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:55:49 am »

pink?

What was it made out of?

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 04:58:05 pm »

pink?

What was it made out of?

It is just a colour used to describe the pop
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 12:45:23 pm »

Goblin Crime Squad!