Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why did my animals suddenly start fighting each other?  (Read 4565 times)

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: Why did my animals suddenly start fighting each other?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 05:37:53 pm »

Each animal doesn't need its own pasture, there just has to be enough room to accommodate the number of animals in it. I've expanded my sheep hall twice to cut down on lamb deaths.

It'll happen if you let your animals roam about meeting halls too; only problem there is they'll attack dwarves as well.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

i've had so many injured dorves with my 1-tile meeting zone (old habits die hard eh). after i embiggened the meeting zone to about 100 tiles it has become manageable. still, i try to either butcher or cage strays, but pets are a bother.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 06:09:36 pm »

I always seperate animals by species.

Do yaks fight say...another yak? i always see animals fight other animal species like a camel fighting a donkey XD
Oh they fight each other all right
 :'( :'( :'( My poor mastiffs, and all I wanted was a breeding ground. :'( :'(

GHudston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

I swear... I take a break for awhile and now animals attack each other/dwarves if I don't give them their own pasture?! Dwarf Fortress is now evolving on it's own, I'm sure of it...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:21:53 pm by GHudston »

kragnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • !!noble!! is the most noble of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 07:22:32 pm »

Pastures are...

a little lacking on their immersion right now.

Can't wait until it gets a little more realistic with grazers... as most pastured animals will do fine with a large pasture that is shared.

Maybe the ability to harvest and produce hay and feed them grains as well would help.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »

I always seperate animals by species.

Do yaks fight say...another yak? i always see animals fight other animal species like a camel fighting a donkey XD

I was finally moved to come here and post the first post because one of my yaks was kicking a yak calf around the yard, and I wanted to double-check that there wasn't a bug or something that was gonna cause a loyalty cascade or some such nonsense.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007
Pages: 1 [2]