Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cheating DF  (Read 6020 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating DF
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »

Actually, I agree with beanchubbs.

On the matrix thing: If you think about how fast the bullets are going and how fast Neo falls, all he does is fall over, waving his arms spastically.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 01:07:05 pm »

On the matrix thing: If you think about how fast the bullets are going and how fast Neo falls, all he does is fall over, waving his arms spastically.
So, you want to do a flame-war too? then be my fucking guest.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 01:11:52 pm »

Copy and Paste this at the end of your raws standard reactions file. Generate new world. Build smelter. Go nuts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As someone who (clearly) knows how to mod/cheat. I still think it's better doing it legit. Perhaps you'd have more fun/be more interested in learning about methods to get that kind of stuff via standard DF?

You have 2 [REACTION:FREE_GEMS55] there. Also, what happened to 9 and 10?

Doesn't really matter what I name the first tagline in numeric order or otherwise. You must be referring to these:

[REACTION:FREE_GEMS55][NAME: make RUBY_STAR][SMELTER][PRODUCT:100:10:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:RUBY_STAR]
[REACTION:FREE_GEMS55][NAME: make SAPPHIRE_STAR][SMELTER][PRODUCT:100:10:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SAPPHIRE_STAR]

Note that the player will never see the reaction label but only the part under
"Name." One is named "make RUBY_STAR;" the other is "make SAPPHIRE_STAR."

"9 and 10" are immaterial and for the same reason.

Simply put, "If it ain't broke...."

This is very true when I would have to crawl through code line by line debugging when there really isn't a problem.

I assure you, the correct gems are generated. If you can prove me wrong, I'd be more than happy to hear it, in all seriousness.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:18:30 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 01:14:45 pm »

Hey, relax you freakin' jerk-off. I don't want a flamewar with some retarded mongoloid-phalydimide child.

P.S. Insert religious/political commentary here
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 01:16:31 pm »

Copy and Paste this at the end of your raws standard reactions file. Generate new world. Build smelter. Go nuts.

As someone who (clearly) knows how to mod/cheat. I still think it's better doing it legit. Perhaps you'd have more fun/be more interested in learning about methods to get that kind of stuff via standard DF?

Doesn't really matter what I name the first tagline in numeric order or otherwise. You must be referring to these:

[REACTION:FREE_GEMS55][NAME: make RUBY_STAR][SMELTER][PRODUCT:100:10:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:RUBY_STAR]
[REACTION:FREE_GEMS55][NAME: make SAPPHIRE_STAR][SMELTER][PRODUCT:100:10:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SAPPHIRE_STAR]

I assure you, the correct gems are generated. If you can prove me wrong, I'd be more than happy to hear it, in all seriousness.
I'll take your word for it, but I was under the impression that the [REACTION:] bit had to be unique for each reaction to function properly.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:25 pm »

I'll take your word for it, but I was under the impression that the [REACTION:] bit had to be unique for each reaction to function properly.

Kudos :) No big deal.

But as for everyone else. Man please loosen up and don't hijack the thread with a flame war.... lol.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 01:26:48 pm »

Your language is offensive!
I'm going to leave this thread now, for good.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

Beanchubbs, x2yzh9 and Rowanas have received warnings.  Please don't do the flame war thing here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3]