Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Apparently I'm gay.  (Read 8841 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently I'm gay.
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2009, 06:02:07 pm »

I'm going to have to massively incite the Heisenberg uncertainty principle here. For starters, how many intelligent or intelligent people who don't vote, don't communicate on the internet or your part of the internet, would effect these results? Or who don't give two shits about your country/state/whatever? The results vary by the manner of measurement.

For further example, on the internet at large, countries often appear to be stupid because most of the people who are strongly under the impression that their nation of citizenship matters to you and constantly mention it in their argument (I'm British and therefore Americans are stupid, or I'm American and therefore blah blah) are stupid. You can't exactly pick up on someone's accent in Arial Narrow.

Regardless, I as an American (now for this argument, where I'm taking my measurement from is relevant) student do firmly believe the education system is in the shitter and panders to stupid people, just like most successful media.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2009, 06:06:02 pm »

actually... the average joke is kinda flawed...

Imagine you have a population of 6 people with the following IQs.

Avg IQ is: 70 but only 2/6 = 33,33 % are above average.   ;D
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »

the average joke is kinda flawed
Yes it is. Learn 2 math peoples. If you want to divide a population into clean fractions use quartiles/medians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2009, 06:26:01 pm »

Sorry, Idiom, it would seem I beat you to that piece of maths pedantry.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2009, 08:47:10 pm »

Do the foreigners who call America a bunch of ravening retards ever come over here and see what it is like? Nope. If people would come across the pond you would find that a large majority of the people are nice and quite and are actually rather intelligent.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2009, 08:51:16 pm »

Do the foreigners who call America a bunch of ravening retards ever come over here and see what it is like? Nope. If people would come across the pond you would find that a large majority of the people are nice and quite and are actually rather intelligent.

It's easier to shoot a man if you don't know his name.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2009, 08:54:23 pm »

Sorry, Idiom, it would seem I beat you to that piece of maths pedantry.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2009, 09:03:50 pm »

I'm going to assume that everyone in this thread did in fact complete year 10 mathematics and knows that the mean, median and mode are all 'averages', and that everyone trying to imply that the median is not an average of a data set is in fact just being silly and is fully well aware of how wrong they are.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2009, 02:05:49 am »

I'm going to assume that everyone in this thread did in fact complete year 10 mathematics and knows that the mean, median and mode are all 'averages', and that everyone trying to imply that the median is not an average of a data set is in fact just being silly and is fully well aware of how wrong they are.

+1 and well said.
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2009, 02:17:26 am »

I'm going to have to massively incite the Heisenberg uncertainty principle here.

;)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2009, 03:04:06 am »

If we're talking median average, then yes, exactly half of people will be under average.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]