Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [ITEM_X]  (Read 1341 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ITEM_X]
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:32:12 pm »

So, for these [ITEM_X] tags, I know what they do in general, but what does each one specifically allow for in production?

These ones--

[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[ITEMS_BARRED]
[ITEMS_SCALED]
[ITEMS_SOFT]

EDIT: Also, I'm modding in three new metals, and I'm terrible at coming up with names. Any suggestions?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [ITEM_X]
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:38:30 pm »

Try this for the names:

Material Generator
Substance Generator

Good god, the substance generator just gave me Adamantium
This unreflective material is sapphire. This substance has a waxy texture in solid form. This substance's melting point is very high. It acts as an excellent insulator against temperature changes. This substance has a strong odor of candy.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:40:51 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:40 pm »

Try this for the names:

Material Generator
Substance Generator

Good god, the substance generator just gave me Adamantium
This unreflective material is sapphire. This substance has a waxy texture in solid form. This substance's melting point is very high. It acts as an excellent insulator against temperature changes. This substance has a strong odor of candy.

Oh snap, you just made my day.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:40 pm »

Barred: anything with the [BARRED] tag, which is linked to the [ITEMS_BARRED] tag in the material templates. Only bone has this by default.
Scaled: as above, but with [SCALED]. Shell is the only material template to have the tag.
Metal: as above, but with [METAL]. No material template has the [ITEMS_METAL] tag, it's only used in specific materials (pig iron and bismuth aren't used for anything except bars, so the metal template can't have the tag as it would apply to those two metals as well).
Hard: Same again, but many material templates have this tag.
Soft: Same again, with fewer material templates having the tag.

Furniture in general appears to look for the [ITEMS_HARD] tag but certain other tags (eg. [SHELL] and [BONE]) disallow the hardcoded production jobs. Not for moods though.
Beds seem to look for just the [WOOD] tag, bins the [IS_METAL] or [WOOD] tags.
Pots and jugs and other stone things, probably the [IS_STONE] tag, which isn't in the stone template but the material definition for each kind of stone.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

One more question-- Is it possible to make a custom workshop require magma? (Like the magma workshops in vanilla)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »

[NEEDS_MAGMA]
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.