Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: He doesn't need clothes because his friend died!  (Read 1591 times)

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
He doesn't need clothes because his friend died!
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:43:33 pm »

On my last fortress, lasted about 12 years, everyone started having NO items in their inventory. More than 50+ dwarves would be entirely naked, adults and children alike. Granted, I started to notice this during the great tantrum spiral of 262.

I get the fact that their stuff could break, but I was making clothes in excess (out of cloth and leather), not to mention the sheer amount of slaughtered goblin clothes swamping the gates which was definitely not forbidden. I even checked some of the lewd violaters rooms and they OWNED clothes, but wore nothing.

So the question is, do people run around naked in a tantrum or when insane, or was a bug in the midst. The nudey bug.
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: He doesn't need clothes because his friend died!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:49:38 pm »

It's a bug - they don't wear new clothes they claim.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:59:23 pm »

So it doesn't matter that they're all bearded Adam and Eve's, nuding about in their birthday suit? No negative effect at all to extreme, widespread nudity?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »

Short negative thought for nudity, then they don't care.  The only time it becomes an issue, is when they get attacked and don't have a -rope reed fiber tunic- to protect them from a +Bronze Spear+ and when they have no shoes to prevent them walking in FB juices.  Both of these situations can be avoided with a bit of planning.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:03:47 pm »

So how do I get them to wear my clothes :O There is heaps of unowned clothes available. Well. Was. THey all tantrumed. And the guard.... his fists. You cannot stop them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 11:05:50 pm »

Assign them to a squad with lame uniforms, is really the only way.  Other than that, deal with the nudity.

urick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »

Maybe they can join the Salvation Army and learn to wear uniform clothing.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 11:15:51 pm »

I would just like to say, that not putting on clothes seems like a pretty big bug.

Unless you're an elf.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:08:33 pm »

Assign them to a squad with lame uniforms, is really the only way.  Other than that, deal with the nudity.

Which is why we are blessed that DF is an ASCII game instead of 3D artwork.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 12:10:08 pm »

From what I understand it's the result of a temporary fix for another, worse bug. Once Toady gets around to fixing that one (dwarves leaving their old clothes, still claimed, all over the fort), I'm sure you'll see plenty of dwarves running about in shiny emerald-dyed masterwork giant cave spider silk socks.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 12:12:37 pm »

Reminds me of the dungeon masters of 40d - 50 cloaks is all you need for clothing!
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.