Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had  (Read 5248 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird dreams you've had
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2011, 04:33:22 pm »

Freud[1]'s dead too, so probably his take on "the Death Drive/Thanatos" would now have an interesting perspective.

[1] Not only the Sigmund of whom you speak, but the two grandsons I know most about, Clement and Lucian.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »

I had this dream where I was being eaten by a horde of scarab beetles. They were about the size of a cat, and all of them had the faces of infants, except the eyes were all milky and dead looking. They also had these really long needle-teeth and it hurt sooo much when they bit me.

For some reason though, I woke up crying. Not because I was sad, but because I was happy. The bugs kept on telling me that being eaten was for the good of everyone, and for some reason I went with that.

I was creeped out big-time.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2011, 12:31:47 am »

I had this dream where I was being eaten by a horde of scarab beetles. They were about the size of a cat, and all of them had the faces of infants, except the eyes were all milky and dead looking. They also had these really long needle-teeth and it hurt sooo much when they bit me.

For some reason though, I woke up crying. Not because I was sad, but because I was happy. The bugs kept on telling me that being eaten was for the good of everyone, and for some reason I went with that.

I was creeped out big-time.
I've had some really bad nightmares in the past, not that long ago I used to have frequent nightmares to the extent where they generally didn't phase me much.
There were a fair few that involved brutal disfigurement, and torture. There was this recurring thing with "shadows" that were pools of black that were afraid of, but could still power through light. They'd claw up anything they touched, and if they got into your shadow they could paralyse you and take control of your body (some of the scarier dreams involved what happened after that).
Yeah, anyway, real creepy sadistic nightmare fuel stuff. I think very few people have nightmares as bad as I used to have. I'm tempted to post some of it up here to give people a scare. But... I don't think I should, it'll disturb too many people...

I was actually going to post a dream I had last night... but now I've forgotten what it was. Oh well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2011, 01:04:58 am »

I had my usual before-school dream last night:

I've signed up for a bunch of classes, but I don't know which ones (or when they are), and in fact due to Berkeley's adding system I haven't been able to sign up for one or two of them yet.  I can't quite figure out what the schedule is.  I don't know when school starts.  And on top of that, when my brain supplies the date that things get going, I immediately decide that I'm a month late to school and there's midterms and I'm going to die.  Oh, and I don't have any of my textbooks... and I'm too much of a dunce to do any of my homework.

Really, I tend to have those dreams a lot, but it's usually especially bad right at the beginning and end of semesters.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 01:23:00 pm »

Last night I had a really odd dream.

I was playing DF, except my dwarves were humans who wore rabbit (not leather) clothing that increased their stats.
The humans built some weird one tile house underground (I knew it was important for some reason), and then two giant creatures that looked like crosses of ants and earwigs came in.  They were several tiles big and didn't look pixelated. I let them walk near and take a bite from the house, before I showed a spark of lucidity and blew them up. Then I rode a motorcycle for some reason.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]