Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades  (Read 20224 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2012, 12:59:45 pm »

((Busy is an understatement. 10 days from now at best, I'm leaving Bay12 for a long bit.))

So above, down below. Is you sole as armored as your heart? Del sang quietly, fiddling away.

Action: Cast Another spike Sonata, this time underneath his feet-try to throw him off balance and trap him further.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2012, 01:35:31 pm »

((Busy is an understatement. 10 days from now at best, I'm leaving Bay12 for a long bit.))

So above, down below. Is you sole as armored as your heart? Del sang quietly, fiddling away.

Action: Cast Another spike Sonata, this time underneath his feet-try to throw him off balance and trap him further.
[Del, Stone Lv2: 3][Del, Fiddle Lv1: 3][Rookie, RAGI Lv1: 4+1] This time, your spell seems to be rather weak. Already aware of how your spell works, the swordsman sidesteps the wall of spikes and waits for both walls to crumble under their weight.

[Rookie, Sword Lv2: 6; 5][Rookie, Torch Lv1: 1-1] The moment the walls fall down into piles of small, sharp shards of stone, your adversary lunges forward and puts his sword through your guts; then, as if that wasn't enough, he twists it in the wound. His torch got in his way during the lunge and burned his leg pretty badly, but that doesn't seem to trouble him: content with himself, he pulls a potion from his belt and starts drinking it at a mockingly slow rate:
Rookie: "Is that it? One spell, over and over again? My grandmother put more thought behind killing things - and she wasn't a mage. You'd better put up a real fight, bard, 'cause I'm coming for your lady friend next!"

[Raven, Flesh Lv3: 6-1] The wound in your belly stops bleeding, and you're no longer feeling as if someone had put your intestines through a meat grinder. You think you're well enough to fight again.

Del: Lv4 Sword Wound inflicted. Lv4 Healing done. 60/100 HP left.
Rookie: Lv1 Burn Wound inflicted. Lv3 Healing done; cured 2 Wound Levels, restored 20 HP. 40/50 HP left.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:47:57 pm by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2012, 01:53:05 pm »

Del hopped back, adjusting his spell in mid air.

Action: Try a Smashing Solo-Knock him back with a wave of Earth and stone!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:56 pm »

Del hopped back, adjusting his spell in mid air.

Action: Try a Smashing Solo-Knock him back with a wave of Earth and stone!
[Spellcrafting, Lv2: 2][Del, Stone Lv2: 6; 4][Rookie, Roll Against Knockdown: 1] Alas, your hurried attempts to think of a spell that makes a wave of stone rise from the ground result in nothing, and so you have to settle for a Stomp instead. Which works perfectly well: not only does it knock your enemy off balance, it also flings him backwards onto the pile of spiky shards left over from the walls you've raised. The shards cut into his flesh deeply, and you can see a pool of blood gathering under him.
The swordsman gulps down his last healing potion and rises with a groan. His wounds close and he starts moving towards you, his gait slightly wobbly, but he seems to be too disoriented for another lunge.

Rookie: Lv2 Stab Wound inflicted. Lv3 Healing done, 20 HP restored. 30/50 HP left.

UPD: ((Whoops, forgot to account for his armor.))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:55:29 pm by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »

Del played a funerary tune...

Action: Finish him off with a barrage of many small sharp stone shards!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:21 pm »

[Del, Stone Lv2: 1][Del, Fiddle Lv1: 4][Rookie, Roll to Dodge: 1][Del, Roll to Dodge: 1] You cast the spell pretty well, but something goes awry with the targeting again: shards fly towards you, not your enemy, and hit him only by the virtue of having him blindsided; while his armor softens the blow, it is still quite deadly.
Unfortunately, you aren't fast enough to duck out of the barrage's way, and your entire front side gets peppered with small, sharp pieces of stone.

[Rookie, Sword Lv2: 6; 2][Rookie, Torch Lv1: 5-1] The swordsman, grievously wounded by the shards but still standing, shambles over to your location and thrusts his torch in your general direction. His attack connects and, on top of burning you, drives some of the shards even deeper in.

[Raven, Flesh Lv3: 4-1] Fortunately, Raven seems to have tried her healing on you once again: most of the bleeding stops, and shards start popping out of your flesh one by one.

Del: Lv2 Stab Wound inflicted, Lv1 Burn Wound inflicted. Lv2 Healing done, Lv1 Wound left. 30/100 HP left.
Rookie: Lv2 Stab Wound inflicted. 10/100 HP left.

((Fixed the mistake in my previous turn, in which I did not account for armor. At the start of this turn, Rookie had 30 HP, not 10.
Also, of you're wondering, Rookie's Lv2 Wound is not a miscalculation: you got a +1 Wound Level from him not expecting the attack, and then his armor decreased it by 1.

I think you're going to really need an armor spell right now, by the way. The dice seem to want you dead.))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:26:37 pm by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2012, 03:46:23 pm »

Del just needed one spell to work...

Action: Whirl a defensive stone tornado around myself and drive him back/injure him to dead.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »

Mehrik gives a small grunt at Derm, too busy flirting to really pay attention. Keep flirting. Then, move on ahead for "step two", if you will. Make sure when Derm leaves, follow him.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:38:06 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2012, 03:11:31 am »

((You skipped me.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]