Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games centered around building trap-combos?  (Read 2612 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Games centered around building trap-combos?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »

The closest thing I can think of is Trap Gunner: Countdown to Oblivion on the PS1, which is a versus arena battle game where players place hidden traps on the level and try to kill each other with them.
There is the ability to layer traps together to increase damage, but it's not exactly what you want.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 02:11:17 pm »

The closest thing I can think of is Trap Gunner: Countdown to Oblivion on the PS1, which is a versus arena battle game where players place hidden traps on the level and try to kill each other with them.
There is the ability to layer traps together to increase damage, but it's not exactly what you want.
In something of a similar vein, a Genesis game The Haunting, Starring Polterguy allows you to "trap" various everyday objects in order to scare the bejeezus out of the house's inhabitants, and while "combos" aren't specifically addressed it's entirely possible - and encouraged - to trap a sequence of items in the room so that the victim is affected by as many as possible on their way screaming out the door, maximizing your ectoplasm returns.

And then there's Spy vs Spy...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

JuanCarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 02:45:34 pm »

I'd second Orcs Must Die. That's probably one of the best implementations of trap combinations in a game.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »

I feel it's worth mentioning that a new Orcs Must Die game is currently in Alpha, with pre-order options on their website.

Also, Dungeon Defenders had some traps, auras, walls and towers that interacted together in a way similar to what you seem to be describing. Dungeon Defenders 2 now in beta iirc, will have stronger trap elements with towers that can knock enemies around.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 04:20:00 am »

In something of a similar vein, a Genesis game The Haunting, Starring Polterguy allows you to "trap" various everyday objects in order to scare the bejeezus out of the house's inhabitants, and while "combos" aren't specifically addressed it's entirely possible - and encouraged - to trap a sequence of items in the room so that the victim is affected by as many as possible on their way screaming out the door, maximizing your ectoplasm returns.

And then there's Spy vs Spy...

Sounds just like Ghost Master on the PC, where the ghosts you place around the sims' house are the "traps" and you rack up points by scaring the humans as much as possible until they flee. I must play that game again sometime, it's a lot of fun. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 [2]