Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adamantine and Exports  (Read 1781 times)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Adamantine and Exports
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:46:49 pm »

In my first year, I discovered a spike of adamantine which opened into the HFS.  I quickly sealed the breach, resulting in a largish quantity of mined adamantine and zero hazard.

According to my understanding of the game over the past ten or so years, that should have resulted in the king immigrating with his entourage.  That has not happened.  However, no matter how much I trade, my Exported Wealth remains zero and I have not been offered the chance to become a barony.  While I am enjoying being able to continue ordering what I desire from the Mountainhome, it is a little bit of a disappointment not to be able to use the nice quarters I had outfitted for my nobles.

Is this a known issue?
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine and Exports
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »

Yup, it's reported to be fixed in the next release.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:17 pm »

Great! :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 05:03:29 pm »

Export wealth guides the appointment of the noble, but you entice the king to arrive by donating to the mountainhome, as well as fulfilling a number of other conditions (see the wiki), including being a metropolis (see the wiki again). I'd suspect donation is bugged as well as trade, though, but I don't actually know.

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 10:11:31 pm »

Interesting, I didn't know royalty would arrive after the HFS. 

I've always gotten the royals by meeting export and tribute requirements to become the Mountainhome.  I do see that there is a bug about your situation, but maybe they will still come if you meet export/tribute requirements?

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 05:01:39 am »

Interesting, I didn't know royalty would arrive after the HFS. 

I've always gotten the royals by meeting export and tribute requirements to become the Mountainhome.  I do see that there is a bug about your situation, but maybe they will still come if you meet export/tribute requirements?

Because the HFS opening up doesn't affect such a thing... What he meant is that getting the adamantine has supercharged his fort value.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 08:11:23 am »

We're talking about an obsolete feature here. Discovering adamantine used to mean the King would come in your next migrant wave regardless of other factors- but it hasn't been that way in a long long time.
It changed around the time caverns were added (and therefore adamantine became more abundant), or at least I haven't seen it happen since then.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 12:09:44 pm »

We're talking about an obsolete feature here. Discovering adamantine used to mean the King would come in your next migrant wave regardless of other factors- but it hasn't been that way in a long long time.
It changed around the time caverns were added (and therefore adamantine became more abundant), or at least I haven't seen it happen since then.

Quite possibly so.  I generally don't seek out adamantine, but this time there was a spike of it that I couldn't refuse.  I do recall it used to work, but my problem this time is that the exports aren't registering which appears to be a known bug.  I jumped to the conclusion that the royal family was supposed to have arrived, as they used to.  Didn't the military also stop working for a time, once the the caverns were added?  That was when I stopped indulging in combat, and therefore ceased seeking out adamantine.

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »

I thought you had to gift 10000 wealth to the mountainhome in order to bring the king. I could be wrong, maybe that's just what I do.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:49 pm »

I thought you had to gift 10000 wealth to the mountainhome in order to bring the king. I could be wrong, maybe that's just what I do.
That's one of the criteria for making the King arrive normally. Back in 0.28.181.40d (and earlier), discovering raw Adamantine caused the king to arrive "dressed as a peasant" without any of the usual entourage.

I believe you can still trigger a "hasty king" in the current version, though it requires modding raw adamantine to appear as a vein/cluster within ordinary stone.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.