Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tale of Sezuktirist [ongoing]  (Read 826 times)

Andven426

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Tale of Sezuktirist [ongoing]
« on: January 04, 2016, 04:52:02 am »

Sezuktirist is my first fortress and oddly successful i feel for someone entirely new so once it reached a point of prosperity that it has now and the events that have happened and will happen i believe Sezuktirist's fall from grace is coming soon so i started writing. i will also be updating the story every so often but mostly major events.

It all began with Etur the farmer.

Sezuktirist or Slappedrim in the human tongue is a dwarven settlement founded by The Routed Merchants in the year 125. Coming from humble beginnings the settlement soon found much prosperity at the present day with much wealth and a population of 138 whose only casualties were 13 Militia members to a Weregecko. Out of the 18 in the militia only 5 remained that day with 2 mortally wounded and monitored carefully for signs of a were- infection with the worry of letting the threat inside. Luckily months had passed and no one turned UnFortunately those bitten died valiantly in Sezuktirists defense.

A new militia was trained only consisting of 20 souls, 10 melee fighters and 10 marksdwarves their barracks one z level above the tomb to their fallen brethren. When danger came to the settlement again in the form of the giantess Tesum Ushdishegul Dolek Kirar. Panic arose at the sight of her unparalleled size as civilians ran down into the fortress, the militia rushed outside the walls as the gate closed behind them sealing them to their fate.

After the Weregecko had slaughtered 15 trained soldiers doubt had been in  the people's minds “would a militia of 20 be enough for a giantess?”.  As Tesum started fighting the militia all doubt was erased as she was quickly dispatched in no time to everyone's amazement. A year of training had paid off the militia quickly went for her legs until she gave in to pain and fell over, once down they all proceeded to go for her head until a blow from a hammerdwarf smashed in her skull and Tesum was no more but a mangled corpse.

Sezuktirist celebrated thier Heroes as the gate was opened again. The Hammerdwarf responsible becoming The Champion of Sezuktirist

10th of Malachite, 128

A day like any other, the fields being farmed, countless gems being mined, and ale being brewed. It has been a quiet year for Sezuktirist. No monsters have appeared nor any raids have happened and prosperity and peace are thought to have finally come.

That is....... until Etur Dallithdegel is found murdered make that 14 casualties. But not only was Etur murdered he was bone dry and has been drained of blood. Nil Nomaltizot the captain of the guard and “The Dutiful Crypts” feels nothing after the death but one worry comes to her mind.

That this time the militia may not be able to do anything and the guards may prove just as useless.

She fears that this time instead goblins, werebeasts, or giants. The biggest danger yet to Sezuktirist….is already inside her walls.

A vampire is among us.

To be continued  ;)

thanks for reading :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:57:46 am by Andven426 »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Sezuktirist [ongoing]
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:28:39 am »

You've had good luck, friend
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.