Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Force haul?  (Read 4010 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Force haul?
« on: March 19, 2017, 06:55:40 pm »

Is there any way to force dwarves to haul items to their stockpiles? I have tried placing stockpiles three steps away and having 40 idle dwarves, but still meat keeps rotting in my butcher shop.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: Force haul?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »

1) Does it never get hauled or only sometimes?
If never: check things are set up correctly.
2) Find a useless dwarf and unset all labours other than food hauling.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:16:40 pm »

If the raw meat is in your Butcher- Are you sure you have 'Prepare Meal' enabled on a kitchen somewhere?  If yes, then check that you have adequate supply of containers.  Order 10 'rock pots' and/or 'wood barrels', see if that helps.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:47 pm »

Nope. You could lock a dwarf in that room with every other ability turned off. My method is to deconstruct the butchers shop (and the fishery) every year or so. This leads to a huge pile of meat on the floor that gets picked up relatively soon. Also, I put the Butchers Shop in a seperate room to the main food area (thus just forbid the door when someone's inside) with a miasma-lock. Gotta keep the purple contained.
Another method is to have an out-of-doors butchers shop I guess.
Spoiler: Pics of what I mean (click to show/hide)
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!