Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (SG) Superpowered Supwerpowers/The Stories of the Ten Legends  (Read 506 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"This is my Lair. I see Evil visiting it later."

"We must be quick, Evil may be coming already... If we are to survive you need to know the story of the 10 legends. Which one do you want to hear first? And make it quick, we don't have much time."

Character Sheet One:
Name:
Life before Awakening:
Superpower: (Nothing too crazy for this first story.)
Sub Superpower: (Preferably something relating to main Superpower.)
Most likely side to be able to join first: (For first story is automaticly Superhero)
Personality:
Description:
Starting Country:
Starting Year: (Nothing higher than 2001, nothing lower than 1901)

Turn History:

Known Allies:

Known Enemies:

Known Neutrals:

Faction Info:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:47:54 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Superpowered Supwerpowers
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:25:03 am »

Collective Kill Count:

Legend 1 Status(Story about to be told)

Legend 2 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 3 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 4 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 5 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 6 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 7 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 8 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 9 Status(Story not yet told)

Legend 10 Status(Story not yet told...?)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:33:39 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Superpowered Supwerpowers
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:34:12 am »

You all may now post, if any of you have questions about what this is then feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:38:37 am by TankKit »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Superpowered Supwerpowers/The Stories of the Ten Legends
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »

Why is gender automatically female for the first story?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »

Why is gender automatically female for the first story?
Because I f*cked up while creating the story for this and now the first person to gain superpowers is now automaticly female because I can not be bothered to re-write days of work.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 12:54:00 pm »

Name: Sarah
Life before awakening: Sarah was a prodigy of a journalist(fully compliant with regulations and government) before she was cornered by Islamic radicals while reporting in a war zone.
Superpower: Hyper-effecient action. Can do stuff like using a baseball bat to whack a grenade out of the air, deflecting it into the face of a gunman who consequently ends up shooting two of his comrades, then gets blown up.
Sub Superpower: Increased intelligence.
Most likely side to join first: Superhero, apparently.
Personality: Sarah is driven. She is willing to do anything necessary to survive. All else comes second, from family to morals. She wasn't like this before awakening.
Description: Sarah's main feature is her Kevlar-reinforced trench coat, because trench coats are cool. The second defining feature is her journalist's video camera, a birthday present from her uncle.
Starting Country: Russia
Starting Year: 2000
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:35:41 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 01:35:33 pm »

Thought I read 2100 and not 2001. Fixed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:34:58 pm »

"Tell me about Sarah, the first Superone, and first of The Ten Legends."

"Very well, hmmm, let me see..." The old man grabs one of his books, and you watch as he seems to absorb it, before spitting it back out of his hand. Must be some sort of power that lets him instantly read books, because he immediatly turns back to you.

"Before she Awakened, Sarah was a journalist, one who was very good at what she did. She mostly covered the more action filled stuff, because she found them easier to do than other stuff, although action wasn't all she did. She was born in the times when the combination of the UK and the USA to create the UNB, otherwise known as the United Nation of Britaria, had only just begun, and bother of her parents were journalists. I suppose it makes sense that she ended up with the same job as her parents, but they unfortuantly contracted a disease that killed them while she was away at a war zone between the UNB and 'The Children of Calamp', I'll just called them TCC by the way, so she wouldn't find out until much, much later that her parents were dead. Anyway, you're probably hoping to hear the story right? Well, it starts when a group of TCM cornered her..."

[You are Sarah Cally.]

You are Sarah Cally, and you are having a very bad day.

It had started of fine, everything was going well, but then a group of those Islamic radicals obsessed with this Calamp guy noticed you, and everything went even further downhill then that time you accidentaly walked into the bathroom while your sister was in it, and you had thought nothing could of gotten worse than that. You just barely manage to duck in time as a spray of bullets from that AK-47 with the big knife sticking out of the front that the guy in the cloak with the weird cape zipped past you. You're just lucky that the ones without capes only have knives, because if you had 5 people shooting at you instead of 1 you would of almost certainly been dead by now, even you are surprised that you haven't been shot yet, you think, as you dash around a corner... only to meet a brick wall.

It would seem that your luck just ran out.

You stop dead in your tracks, turning around to see your 5 soon-to-be killers slowly approaching you, and then turn around again, looking at everywhere you can see to maybe fine some way of surviving, there must be something, surely? Maybe a low hanging window you can jump to? Something sticking out of the wall that can let you climb up and over the roof? A door you missed? Some sort of secret hidden passageway? Maybe a bunch of soldiers will arrive to save you at the last second? But no, nothing happens but the 5 cloaked figures stopping and the one with the cape slowly raising his weapon to aim at you, and you realize that there is no hope.

You're going to die...

'no.'

You almost jump in surprise at the sound of a voice, you know for a fact that your murderers can't of been the ones who said it because they still have cloth wrapped around their mouths, so what could it be?

'No.'

You almost jump again, before you realise who's voice it is.

'No.'

It's your own mind.

'NO!'

You will not die today.

You audibly gasp as something within you stirrs, like something suddenly making sense, like something you should of known all along. And suddenly, you leap forward in a majestic front flip over the bullets as your brain starts working at ten times the speed as before, infomation flooding your mind in an endless wave, about what material everything's made out of, the basics of how your opponent's weaponry works and, most importantly, the most effective way to dodge all the bullets long enough to be able to jab them in the exact position of the neck that will cause them to fall to the ground.

You land right inbetween Gun Guy and one of his machete wielding friends and jab Gun Guy in the neck with your left hand in a way that causes him to fall to the ground motionless without actually killing him, while kicking the other guy into one of his friends, both of which fall into a dumpster that closes shut from the impact as the locks shake into to the locked position from the impact, before kicking the machete out of one of the two remaining Machete Dudes and smashing your fist into his face so hard that the back of his head smashes into the head of the other remaining guy, leaving them both unconcious with broken noses. You then quickly climb up the dumpster with is no in a position to let you just barely get onto the top of a roof...

...Where you collapse in pain from the amount of data entering your brain.

You sit there for a while, struggling to contain the amoun of data entering your brain because it's just so damn painfull, until eventually you find what feels like some kind of mental emergency door, and slam it shut, blocking out nearly all the data, except, it seems, the calculations on how to do certain things more efficiently, which seems to be what helped you survive just now.

Speaking of which, onto the multiple questions you have: What on earth just happened? Why did it happen? Will it cause anything else? Will other people also experience it? These are only a few of the endless number of questions you have, but for now you need to decide what to do. Should you act normal and go back to the quarters provided to you by the UNB, there is a television that could shed some light on what happened. On the other hand, those guys who just attacked you might try and hunt you down, and you refuse to kill them, it's just not something you can do. Of course, if you want then you could just pack up and leave, that would probabaly lesson the risk of those crazy guys finding and possibly killing you, but then you probably wouldn't be able to find out what just happened to you because you more than anyone knows that the longer something's been known, the less intrest there is. And you probabaly won't have another chance to leave until next month... Hmmm...

Choosing Time!

The Options:
[A ]Stay at the UNB base and learn more about what happened to you earlier with the risk of being attacked again. You won't have another chance to leave until next month.
[B ]Pack up and leave, will require much more time to learn what happened earlier but there is a much smaller chance of you being attacked again.
[C ]Something else.(Note, try to actualy convince me why to choose a Something Else option instead of just throwing extra choices around without explanation... please.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 03:57:57 pm »

[A]
~~~
Odds are our ability will let us handle ourselves if we're attacked again.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 03:46:08 pm »

Le bump. I do like this thread.
Generic Arms Race.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 04:28:27 pm »

Le bump. I do like this thread.
TankKit never finishes any SG game he starts.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.