Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: AME: On the Growth of Conflict OC: 2/5 Spark Slots- Turn 1 is up. Sparky!  (Read 2284 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: AME: On the Growth of Conflict OC: 2/5 Spark Slots- Turn 1 is up. Sparky!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2020, 03:35:47 pm »

Within the rules, yes.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2020, 11:16:35 pm »

So we basically do whatever we want?
[Quest activated!]: Destroy the Greater Law of Being under which all life is currently suffering!
[Quest activated!]: Conquer the First Subdomain of Water, the only current astral plane without an elemental camping in it which would beat you up if you tried to steal it!
[Quest activated!]: Create the first race of mortals!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:39:54 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2020, 11:51:21 pm »

Antigonus took one look at the unclaimed Subdomain of water and screeched “Mine!”. Quickly settling in the comfortable waters of Oblivion, Which Antigonus lovingly named it and declared it his home. After settling down, Antigonus decides to see if he can create a pet worthy of his status! He creates a enormous snake with pitch black scales and eyes that would make you bow down and follow it’s every order. And if this does not work, Antigonus would be okay with a goldfish too.

The Types of creations, and their Cost spoiler if your bestest friend!

Do you want to make a free-willed serpent who may or may not listen to you? Then go to the life section! Do you want to create a cool serpent who obeys your every whim? Then go to the servant section!

You currently have [5] Power. Thus you could create any sort of monster/servant from tier 0 to tier 3, assuming you are making only a single one and how much power you want to spend. Once you've decided how strong your new pet is, you're almost done! Nakeen style games appreciate if you write up a short sheet of your creations following the templates giving in the OP of the OOC thread. Like so.

Species Name: Snek
Origin/Element: Horror
Tier: 3
Description: enormous snake with pitch black scales and eyes that would make you bow down and follow it’s every order.

Traits:
- Enormous
- Hypnotizing Eyes

And done!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2020, 01:28:29 am »

Name: Sira
Physical Description: A small spherical crystal that can change colors at will
Personality: TBD, I was just born
Spark: Crystal
Parents; Water and Numbers
Spark description: Any liquid, when cooled slowly enough, will result in a solid where all molecules are evenly spaced
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 01:45:30 am by Naturegirl1999 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2020, 01:34:50 am »

Physical Description: A small body of water with a faint glow, numbers can be seen flowing within, can move around much like amoebas
Spark: Water and Numbers
Spark description:
((I thought physical description was already addressed towards the top of the character sheet))
1) "Spark" would be your sphere in a more traditional god game, and it is SOMEWHAT different from your "elemental parents" as it is we know you are descended from Water and Numbers, but not what your "Sphere" is,

2) as for "spark description" that is how you describe your "sphere", rather then how you describe yourself.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2020, 01:36:20 am »

Spark is not your parents, but what has resulted from the fusion. Like snowflakes or winter or something.

Spark description is describing said snowflake spark.

Example:
Spark: Snowflakes (Water&Numbers)
Spark Description: Born from the solid phase of water and the pretty fractal geometries of numbers, Snowflake is all about being special, quiet and cold! Also including hints of serenity and death.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2020, 01:46:34 am »

Physical Description: A small spherical crystal that can change colors at will
Spark: Crystal
Parents; Water and Numbers
Spark description: Any liquid, when cooled slowly enough, will result in a solid where all molecules are evenly spaced
is this better?
Thanks Demon Spoon for the inspiration on something that made a bit more sense

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2020, 01:47:16 am »

Sure that seems fine to me as a non-gm

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2020, 07:59:35 am »

Godparent chiming in.

Two-three more things:
1.  You probably don't want to Leeroy Jenkins right into invading a Sub-Realm of the Astral Plane on your first action.  A safer choice might be to go to the World and set up shop there.  Water is exhausted right now, but you're setting yourself up to get wrecked when his power comes back.
2.  If you do go to the World, Sparks (like you) have a free action to create "a place" wherever you physically are.  In scale, think more of a building rather than a city.  Go somewhere carve yourself a den/lair/dungeon/fortress/tower/manor/garden to do your dark bidding from.
3.  Cool concept for the monster, but there's not really anything in Water's Astral Sub-domain to hypnotize?  Another good reason to send him to the World.  Have him go dominate some sea life.

It's generally frowned upon to completely change your action after posting, but I think GM and the other players can make an allowance here for a new poster.

Antigonus took one look at the unclaimed Subdomain of water and screeched “Mine!”. Quickly settling in the comfortable waters of Oblivion, Which Antigonus lovingly named it and declared it his home. After settling down, Antigonus decides to see if he can create a pet worthy of his status! He creates a enormous snake with pitch black scales and eyes that would make you bow down and follow it’s every order. And if this does not work, Antigonus would be okay with a goldfish too.

The Types of creations, and their Cost spoiler if your bestest friend!

Do you want to make a free-willed serpent who may or may not listen to you? Then go to the life section! Do you want to create a cool serpent who obeys your every whim? Then go to the servant section!

You currently have [5] Power. Thus you could create any sort of monster/servant from tier 0 to tier 3, assuming you are making only a single one and how much power you want to spend. Once you've decided how strong your new pet is, you're almost done! Nakeen style games appreciate if you write up a short sheet of your creations following the templates giving in the OP of the OOC thread. Like so.

Species Name: Snek
Origin/Element: Horror
Tier: 3
Description: enormous snake with pitch black scales and eyes that would make you bow down and follow it’s every order.

Traits:
- Enormous
- Hypnotizing Eyes

And done!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2020, 08:04:09 am »

Godparent chiming in.

Two-three more things:
1.  You probably don't want to Leeroy Jenkins right into invading a Sub-Realm of the Astral Plane on your first action.  A safer choice might be to go to the World and set up shop there.  Water is exhausted right now, but you're setting yourself up to get wrecked when his power comes back.
I disagree! Now is in fact the ideal time to grab an astral subdomain, since none of the Elementals have had the time to build any armies or construct infrastructure or artifacts to repel invaders with, and they can't afford to upgrade their gates! Zeeerg!

3.  Cool concept for the monster, but there's not really anything in Water's Astral Sub-domain to hypnotize?  Another good reason to send him to the World.  Have him go dominate some sea life.
Well the snake could be his bodyguard if he plans to make it high tier, and it could also help him conquer the subdomain! Once the subdomain is conquered though, and he doesn't seem to be threatened by anything, I don't see a problem with sending the snake into Motionless Violence to play.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:14:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2020, 08:17:05 am »

Fair.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 08:30:31 am »

As a note, added something I missed to the rules. The actual cost of forming a Realm.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2020, 10:56:51 pm »

How does leeching Domain Power work? Is it reliant on how much  the area has of a Domain, or the power of the Elemental?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2020, 11:38:09 pm »

How does leeching Domain Power work? Is it reliant on how much  the area has of a Domain, or the power of the Elemental?
+Passively gain 1 Power per Cycle, modified by Elemental Godparent's incomes.
+Can steal Power from Domains they are in.
You're passive income is dependent on the income of your elemental parents.

No idea how stealing power from a domain you're in works.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2021, 08:17:13 am »

An action. And note it says Domain, not Sub-Domain. Sub-Domains are barely worth the trouble.
Pages: 1 2 [3]