Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: pressure plates linkable to ballistae  (Read 988 times)

TNT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
pressure plates linkable to ballistae
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:24:00 pm »

How about it? A lizardman steps on a pressure plate and -wham-, gets nailed by a ballista down the hall.

I don't think it would be too powerful or anything, since setting up the system takes more effort and more space than any of the regular traps, and you'd still need the arrows, and someone to load the ballista between shots.

This should probably only apply to pressure plates and ballistae, not catapults and/or levers. Levers would make firing too convenient and catapults are a bit too easy to rearm.

[ October 03, 2006: Message edited by: TNT ]

Squishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: pressure plates linkable to ballistae
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:43:00 am »

I had this idea the other day.  I was gonna post it, but I guess I'm too late. >_>

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:00:00 am »

Its too damn cumbersome of a system. Not to mention all the space and material needed. Just a crossbow mounted in the wall should do. Its the oldest trick in the book - self-shooting crossbow. Somebody stumble upon some tied string and gets a nail between the eyes.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 11:54:00 pm »

You can already make weapon traps using crossbows, although it doesn't make much sense to do so since they run out of ammo and need to be reloaded.

[ October 06, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 01:09:00 am »

It makes alot of sense, since they are quite deadly, and are reloaded quite quickly, much more so than stone-fall traps.
But you cant do crossbow RANGED trap right now. So that it shoots down the corridor.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 01:10:00 am »

Hehe, just set the ballista aiming straight down the entrance and watch tens of goblins fly off as the arrow punches through them =D

mausmausmausmaus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://mausmausmausmaus.com
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:13:00 pm »

Pressure plates linked to crossbow traps that fire down the hall might well be enough, and could make for some cool-looking trap setups.