Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I had an idea for a modification.  (Read 3435 times)

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
Re: I had an idea for a modification.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2009, 03:50:15 pm »

Problem is, a law is only a law if it is enforced. I'd imagine you can't enforce your laws. But the current government sure can!

Reminds me of the song It ain't a crime if you don't get caught

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »

Problem is, a law is only a law if it is enforced. I'd imagine you can't enforce your laws. But the current government sure can!

Reminds me of the song It ain't a crime if you don't get caught

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hate to be a spoil-sport, but actually, it is a crime. Getting caught is a conditional for enforcement.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2009, 03:58:09 pm »

Hate to be a spoilsport, but this is off-topic. We need to talk about Liberal Serf Squad.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 02:50:22 am »

Stop repressing my freedom of speech!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 04:40:56 am »

Freedom of speech? This is not a Conservative Democracy, but a Liberal Commune ruled by the Flower Scented Fist of Jonathan S. Fox! And Toady One, of course. And ThreeToe too, I guess. And Ampersand, in the case of this thread. Actually, it's more of an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major issues.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 05:19:22 am »

[...]Liberal Commune ruled by the Flower Scented Fist of Jonathan S. Fox!

:)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 10:09:47 pm »

Freedom of speech? This is not a Conservative Democracy, but a Liberal Commune ruled by the Flower Scented Fist of Jonathan S. Fox! And Toady One, of course. And ThreeToe too, I guess. And Ampersand, in the case of this thread. Actually, it's more of an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major issues.

Wow.  That has got to be one of the smoothest segways back to the real topic I've ever seen.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 10:40:56 pm »

Actually, it's more of an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major issues.

And it would make sense that all the Issues the LSS is trying to affect are major issues, no? A consitutional amendment that not only abolish the House of Lords, but make the House of Common need a 2/3rd majority in order to pass laws is perfectably doable. It would be pretty stupid, because it would actually make law changes SLOWER, but it is perfectly doable.

The idea of rotating the executive officer isn't as strange as it sounds. The President of the UN Security Council rotates every month, and the head of the EU rotates every 6 months. They don't really have that much power.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2009, 10:58:28 am »

Wow.  That has got to be one of the smoothest segways back to the real topic I've ever seen.
I have never seen a forum that gets off topic so frequently and so quickly.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2009, 11:36:10 am »

I find that hard to believe...
How many other forums have you been on, anyway...?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »

I find that hard to believe...
How many other forums have you been on, anyway...?
I said and.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]