Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: In Soviet Russia, ED lags You!  (Read 2930 times)

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: In Soviet Russia, ED lags You!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 11:16:44 am »

I'd like to first point out you stated you gave up then imediately continued the arguement.

On the subject of the DLC you probably should have used a spoiler. Now it is ruined for EVERYONE!
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 03:05:03 pm »

I think the 5 addons that cost 50$ is the real damage bethseda has done. Come on! Back in the day, Developers used to release these things for _FREE_.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 03:41:58 pm »

I'd like to first point out you stated you gave up then imediately continued the arguement.

As in, I gave up on the subject that it is unrealistic.

Then picked up on the new topic about aliens.

I think the 5 addons that cost 50$ is the real damage bethseda has done. Come on! Back in the day, Developers used to release these things for _FREE_.

Yeah. Especially how small these are. I mean, an arm and a leg plus your first born baby just for a few lines of code and a couple of megs on meshes and textures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 03:49:26 pm »

Delishus ED is working fine for me.
And i find it sorta ironical that everyone goes butthurt when they hear about ED, yet pretend not to care about it :o
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 03:53:59 pm »

Yeah. Especially how small these are. I mean, an arm and a leg plus your first born baby just for a few lines of code and a couple of megs on meshes and textures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weren't you listening? It's not that they didn't have a clue about science, it's that science works in the way they think it work. It's not unrealistic for them, because they live in a totally different universe which validates all their scientific theories. Whether or not its unrealistic in this universe is absolutely irrelevant.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 03:59:39 pm »

it's that science works in the way they think it work. It's not unrealistic for them, because they live in a totally different universe which validates all their scientific theories.

I think their just handwaving it.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:01 pm »

it's that science works in the way they think it work. It's not unrealistic for them, because they live in a totally different universe which validates all their scientific theories.

I think their just handwaving it.

They're, but yes, it is a handwave. It does, however, explain everything and checking out the wiki shows that they went to some lengths to do so.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 06:03:50 pm »

Still, wouldn't this be at least more public? Like, in the description available everywhere?

WHAT THEY HAVE: Live in the post-apocalyptic America, arising from a vault, to find your Dad.

WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE: Live in a completely different universe with alienz OMG and lazar guns and everything is different and there is absolutely no connection to the real reality uh. Lulz. LOLZOR OMG oh yeah we rock.

-----------------------------------------

Besides Interplay never intended the Fallout universe. I mean, they made the game for the lulz and with a lot of humor, like playing Tarot with ghouls and such. Then Bethesda came in and made it shit.

What's with Bethesda anyway? There were days like Morrowind and Daggerfall, two great games. Then they started making crap like Oblivion, Fallout 3 etc.

They made Fallout 3 all a serious game, where people try to survive and all.

As opposed to the laughter-packed Fallout 1 and 2, with people making revolts because they felt like it and A LOT of Easter eggs. Like the Police Box in 1, reference to Doctor Who. And in 2, an OOC talk in-game why there are no children anywhere.

Really, I don't know why they didn't just make a new name for F3. Fallout 3 seems too much like pissing on the series.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »

I played morrowind. I was unimpressed. I feel like I could run around for hours, with nothing to do. Oblivion at least had some great game design in giving me non main story related dungeons.

My dream game - Open world/lots of dungeons of Oblivon/Skill system of Morrowind/A main, endless dungeon like roguelikes/items like roguelikes/godslikeroguelikes.....

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 06:36:23 pm »

GLaDOS quote(directed at bethesda):
"I feel sorry for you, really, because you're not even in the right place.
You should have turned left before."

They made a wrong turn at the exit of ESIII(Though it took them a while to get completely off track)

Edit: also "Good people don't end up here"
Eh?
Eh!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 06:40:09 pm »

Each to their own, I guess. I liked the "Oh my God, you killed Kenny!" in Fo2.
Pages: 1 [2]