Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The B12 World Cup thread  (Read 2330 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: The B12 World Cup thread
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 09:10:06 am »

ARGENTINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 06:04:02 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:31:09 am by Stany »

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 11:01:42 pm »

Argentina 4 DRK 1.

Good match.  I'm happy for Higuain who pulled a hattrick.
South Korea is ROK, Republic of Korea. North Korea is DPRK, Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
My bad.  Fixed before I get assassined. :P
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 02:10:21 pm »

Best moment of France vs. Mexico:

The entire French team stops playing, while the Mexican player leisurely strolls over to the net and scores. Then he goes crazy and can't believe he's scored a goal!
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 04:58:37 pm »

They wrongly moved forward trying to play the offside.  That's old school and no longer a good tactic.  France sucked and they deserve to get out.

USA was shamelessly robbed today.  Great match from both teams though.  Maybe even the best match so far.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:51 pm »

Lol, I used to play offside trap in both school and computer games. Works well in games because referees always see it. In reality, referees see very little, you can get away with handballing or diving if the referee doesn't see it. I think it was Slovakia that scored a goal against NZ this year, with two people offside.

Also, yeah, France sucked. Good players, but no team chemistry at all. It's like they didn't even train together.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2010, 11:26:09 pm »

I tried watching some of this "football". Pass pass pass pass bad kick out of bounds. Pass pass pass pass pass pass bad kick, out of bounds. Pass pass pass...

No thanks.
That kind of boring like description could describe plenty of sports.  Is there ANY sport you enjoy watching?  What about playing?

I enjoy watching football and playing football, and have to say its the only real sport I can sit and watch on television. Playing it is also tremendous fun for me, since I love running the ball or playing defense. I did play on a basketball team for a year in school but didn't enjoy it very much at all. And baseball is a real pleasure when I can get it.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 04:07:29 am »

Messi is really the only super-super star who has actually lived up to any kind of promise so far. The Spanish were a bit unlucky but played awfully anyways.

And going for Australia is as painful an experience as it sounds    :-\

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:39 pm »

Lol, I used to play offside trap in both school and computer games. Works well in games because referees always see it.
The lineman is the one that must see it, and it doesn't work well in professional matches.  Also, the longer the pass, the harder for the him to see it.  Also, good forwards are conscious of the last line and are used to handle that situation. 

The World Cup first stage is halfway through but it's not the time to make rash conclusions.  Important teams have not had the chance to play the 2nd match yet.  Many things can happen and it doesn't matter how a team qualifies if he does.  Look at how Argentina got into the world cup. 

Be wary of the teams with character and a good keeper.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]